Homebrew RELEASE In-Home-Switching: Stream your favorite PC-Games to your Nintendo Switch

baretbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is what i posted earlier...

Work-around for Audio

Just tested it with the following setup;
  • Switch with In-Home-Switching
  • PC running Persona 5 on PS3 Emulator
  • Android phone running SoundWire
  • Headphones connected to phone
Not the best game to test, as it runs choppy ... but i think the work-around for audio works for me atleast
Its a temp-workaround; theres a slight audio delay for me on other games when using that app (there could be better ones... but i just wanted post the possibilty)
Eek, I'll just wait. Thanks though

jakibaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks to @AveSatanas we now have nightly builds at https://bsnx.lavatech.top/in-home-switching/

Right now those include major performance-improvements which make performance reasonable even without overclocking! (720p/60fps work just fine with upper-medium quality without OC).

Also you can select the clockrate from inside the app now. (we even added underclocking options since 720p60fps even works at 700MHz now at low bitrates).

Please that these builds are considered experimental right now.

Last edited by jakibaki,

Jarfonoaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great work - thank you!

Did you happen to sort out the bug where the PC constantly emulates the controller even when the switch is disconnected by any chance?

jakibaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great work - thank you!

Did you happen to sort out the bug where the PC constantly emulates the controller even when the switch is disconnected by any chance?

No we weren't aware of that issue, thanks for the information.
We'll definitely look into it.

Chrona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The program still runs at ~15% of my CPU after I hit disconnect without closing the window. I think it might be related to that, the program just stays active in some manner

Last edited by Chrona,
Reactions: dspair

Admiral-Purple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried multiple of the nightly builds and they all fail to connect. I switched back to the 0.1 release and it worked again. I'm eagerly wanting to try the performance improvements but I can't.

xlim3y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried multiple of the nightly builds and they all fail to connect. I switched back to the 0.1 release and it worked again. I'm eagerly wanting to try the performance improvements but I can't.

I have the same experience.

Running 6.1 on Reinx. All of these launch, the .nro, and I am able to select an overclock, but no matter what I do, the switch crashes within 30 seconds or so, the screen never connects.

The original version on github works perfectly.

Admiral-Purple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same experience.

Running 6.1 on Reinx. All of these launch, the .nro, and I am able to select an overclock, but no matter what I do, the switch crashes within 30 seconds or so, the screen never connects.

The original version on github works perfectly.
That’s exactly what’s happening to me too. I’m using atmosphere on 5.1

pr0dukt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urgh, I can't seem to make this work with any VNs atm. Doki Doki LC for example does not recognize the xinput emulation generated from the SCP driver.
=\

Though in all honestly, I'd make the first priority for the next update, the ability to just launch games from the desktop without having to go manually launch it at the pc.
I'm big on just leaving the clients for these types of remote apps running on my primary desktop, and if im downstairs with my switch, I want to just be able to connect to it and use the controller in my hand to launch whatever pc game tickles my fancy at that moment.
No mouse or touch screen emulation is what is really what's throttling the hype on this awesome little homebrew in the making. Not to say, what is there now isn't of merit, as it's still a great addition to the scene. Just incomplete in it's current state.

Sound of course would be cool, but I've already found viable work arounds for that, I'd much rather see desktop control added before anything. Plus doing so also solves my VN control support problem. two birds and all that. ^_^

Last edited by pr0dukt,

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So what game do you guy recommence to play? Any PC that would be good running on Switch?

Edit: Japanese game with Eng sub only because I am weaboo af.

Last edited by anhminh,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks to @AveSatanas we now have nightly builds at https://bsnx.lavatech.top/in-home-switching/

Right now those include major performance-improvements which make performance reasonable even without overclocking! (720p/60fps work just fine with upper-medium quality without OC).

Also you can select the clockrate from inside the app now. (we even added underclocking options since 720p60fps even works at 700MHz now at low bitrates).

Please that these builds are considered experimental right now.
Good work. Are you making any progress toward sound streaming?

pr0dukt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So turns out you can use a standalone C++ interface mapper called Gopher 360 (search on git), run the exe from cmd and it will generate a config.ini file with your default bindings, which are all what you'd expect them to be. Left analog controllers mouse, right analog is scrolling, B is left mouse click, Y is right mouse click, A is enter, X is toggle console. + is windows key, etc etc.
So with that, control of desktop interaction from the switch's SCP xinput emulation is possible, Second issue is, of course, the notorious phantom pointer that Windows 10 is known for causing in remote desktop and streamclient APIs. Only work around I've managed to find with this, is if you go into your mouse pointer settings and enable default pointer style, with pointer shadow enabled, and then also enable 'pointer trails' under the 'Pointer Options' tab of Mouse Properties. I'd just make the trails length as short as the bar allows or else it leaves mouse artifact afterimages all over the switch screen from bitrate lag.
In any case, with that enabled, the mouse pointer is visable on the switch, and desktop control and game launching becomes a reality. If you plan to do any light browsing or anything of that nature though, I'd deffiently quickbar the windows On-Screen Keyboard. Typing on it is a real hassle though.

Sidenote - left analog mouse sensitivity can be adjusted from high-med-low with R+L on the joycons. Low is most practical given the acceleration the analogs seem to invoke.

annnnd with that, i can now enjoy my collection of pc ported interactive VNs from my switch wherever in the house i feel like propping my feet up. Marks for a happy day indeed. Thanks again for bringing such a vastly utilizable brew to the scene, gents. You're doing god's work. xD

Last edited by pr0dukt,
Reactions: hippy dave

Shixpix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
All what I care about by now is the latency !
Does this update improve it ?!
Thanks for the great app :)
I've tried the new version on both SXOS and Atmosphere and it crashes on its own ?!

Last edited by Shixpix,

jakibaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All what I care about by now is the latency !
Does this update improve it ?!

Sorry those nighlies were in fact broken.

The most current one now works!

Input latency improved a bit in our testing but we were barely experiencing any at all before so your mileage may vary.

Reactions: Shixpix

Shixpix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Sorry those nighlies were in fact broken.

The most current one now works!

Input latency improved a bit in our testing but we were barely experiencing any at all before so your mileage may vary.
I downloaded it again but now it doesnt connect(but not crashing) says connected on the pc but nothing happens on the switch screen

Last edited by Shixpix,

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So turns out you can use a standalone C++ interface mapper called Gopher 360 (search on git)...

Question about Gopher 360; if you start emulating your mouse using Switch and run a game thru that, wouldn't the game register your controls as both mouse and gamepad at the same time?

AronR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Incredibly impressed by this app, remarkable performance and stability for an initial release. Well done!
Here are my experiences with the app today:

PC Specs:
Core i7 3770K @ 3.5GHz
16GB RAM
GTX 1060 8GB
Windows 10
Connected via ethernet

Switch:
Horizon v5.1.0
SX OS v2.0.1
HBmenu v3.0.1
Connected via 5GHz Wi-Fi

Findings:
- Very low input lag!
(Only possible by disabling PCs second monitor and changing desktop resolution to 720p)
- Poor performance when using HBmenu NSP... Works fantastic in library mode
- Frame-rate seems to have a fair amount of motion artifacts and slight judder even at 50Mb/s
(not sure if altering screen refresh rate e.g. 59Hz or 60Hz could help improve this)
- Tried playing Forza Horizon 4 in 720p (Windows Store App) and performance was very poor.
(Could be too much for my PC to stream/play at the same time or an issue with windows 10 platform)

- Would be great if the windows app could 'wait' for the switch to connect with a saved IP address. Then it could connect to the switch without having to be in the same room as your PC.
- Would like to see an option for higher bit-rates or improved motion quality. Even at top settings, pixelation and motion judder are noticeable.

Many thanks for all your efforts and look forward to see how this project develops!

Reactions: Mothafuckka

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?