Hacking Importing Saves Without Playing Game

TheDylantula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a save of Super Mario Galaxy from my computer (100% File), and I was wanting to import the save to my Wii U. Thing is, my disc was kinda ruined (thanks dog) and I can only play through a USB Loader. Well, the vWii limitation saying one must play a game before importing a save really comes into play here. As many of you may know, the Wii logs any time spent within games from a USB loader as the Homebrew Channel, NOT as the respective game. Even if I have a save of SMG on vWii, it still won't let me import the save as it never logged me as playing it. Is there any way to bypass this and import my save? Or a way to tell my Wii that I have played SMG?

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true. Not every loader works that way (Wiiflow logs the actual games I load) and saves have nothing to do with how your time is logged anyway. Just make sure not to have save emulation turned on in your loader settings for the game, and the game will create the necessary files on the system.

TheDylantula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, in my vWii storage, it shows I have a save for SMG there (new), but still doesn't allow me to import a save. I will, however, go (discount) double check my settings real quick for what you mentioned.

TheDylantula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Checked settings, couldn't find a setting for Wii Save Emulation (Just GameCube, which was off). The log shows I've played HBC for 4 hours today, I have an SMG save on the Wii internal memory, but still am not able to import my 100% file from my SD card.

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SMG save in system memory should be all you need. Has absolutely nothing to do with the play log. If you can't import the 100% save file, then either something is up with that file (for a different version of SMG, wrong file format, corrupt file, etc) or something else is keeping the savegame manager from working. Otherwise, everyone using the same loader as you would logically have to be having this same issue, right?

EDIT: Wait a second. Are you using SaveGame Manager GX, or are you trying to move a save over through the native save manager in the Wii settings?

TheDylantula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the answer delay, for some reason I was never alerted you replied. Anyways, I've tried both SaveGame Manager (have not tried GX, however) and the native save manager. SaveGame manager gave I believe it was an error 6, meaning that the playcount limitation was preventing the transfer, and the native tossed out the generic "You need to play this game once before you can transfer data"

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GX has never given me any such requirement. Maybe that will work? If not, maybe try playing the game one in a loader that logs time in the actual Wii games you play? I know Wiiflow can do that.

TheDylantula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because doing that doesn't work. I've already tried that. For some reason, no matter what I've tried, it still won't let me import the save. I made a save (I've gotten about half way through the game again), tried a different loader, everything, but importing still gets denied saying I haven't actually played the game.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a save of Super Mario Galaxy from my computer (100% File), and I was wanting to import the save to my Wii U. Thing is, my disc was kinda ruined (thanks dog) and I can only play through a USB Loader. Well, the vWii limitation saying one must play a game before importing a save really comes into play here. As many of you may know, the Wii logs any time spent within games from a USB loader as the Homebrew Channel, NOT as the respective game. Even if I have a save of SMG on vWii, it still won't let me import the save as it never logged me as playing it. Is there any way to bypass this and import my save? Or a way to tell my Wii that I have played SMG?

Haha dude, that is not how it works. It doesn't check the log, it checks for the presence of a previous save file.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Also make sure that you create a save on the actual nand and not an emunand first.
I recently had similar problems transfering some of my saves from my Wii to my VWii.
I just ran all the games I needed to transfer once with saving to NAND enabled and then used SaveManagerGX to import my Wii saves for those games and from there I copied them to the emunand in USBLoader GX and switch those games to use the emunand.

A bit long-winded, but that's what worked for me!

Reactions: kp_centi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c