I'm working on possibly getting back Wii U saves from a USB drive

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So much false information in here... Guys, why do you even reply when your sentences start with "my guess is", "maybe" and so on?

Let's try to rail this back on the track:
- The crypto seed ("But the SEEPROM's USB key seed only changes one byte. Indeed, the last byte of the key increases by one") is completely irrelevant for now. Right now we're talking about getting the data from the console, not how to interpret that data. So guys take a deep breath, calm down, and let's try to solve one step after the other instead of overhelming the OP.
- There is no such thing as anti-cheat protection on the Wii U. So sorry to say @The Real Jdbye but you can cheat in Splatoon as much as you want: You won't get banned as long as no other player reports you. That said cheating in single player is completely safe.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much false information in here... Guys, why do you even reply when your sentences start with "my guess is", "maybe" and so on?

Let's try to rail this back on the track:
- The crypto seed ("But the SEEPROM's USB key seed only changes one byte. Indeed, the last byte of the key increases by one") is completely irrelevant for now. Right now we're talking about getting the data from the console, not how to interpret that data. So guys take a deep breath, calm down, and let's try to solve one step after the other instead of overhelming the OP.
- There is no such thing as anti-cheat protection on the Wii U. So sorry to say @The Real Jdbye but you can cheat in Splatoon as much as you want: You won't get banned as long as no other player reports you. That said cheating in single player is completely safe.
why do you have to be an ass sometimes?

Reactions: LuxBrush

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why do you have to be an ass sometimes?
Wasn't my intention, sorry if it sounded like that.

I just dislike threads getting derailed and the OP has a really, really serious issue (we're currently thinking it needs both, de-fuse and nand-aid to even have the slightest chance of getting fixed) so he's stressed more than enough. No need to add even more stress with irrelevant (and even wrong) informations, no?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't my intention, sorry if it sounded like that.

I just dislike threads getting derailed and the OP has a really, really serious issue (we're currently thinking it needs both, de-fuse and nand-aid to even have the slightest chance of getting fixed) so he's stressed more than enough. No need to add even more stress with irrelevant (and even wrong) informations, no?
I was just responding to the post about whether you could be banned with splatoon. if that derailed the thread, it's not my fault. I see a question, I answer it.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@godreborn Fair point. Still false information cause as I said: There is no such thing as anti-cheat protection. The only way to get banned by cheating is other players reporting you to Nintendo. So the OP can use the old save on a new console without any fear.

Again: I don't want to sound mean but all of that is talk we should have in the future. Right now the OPs problem is to get the saves from that bricked console. What to do with that saves and how to not get banned by using them are questions for when the OP has the saves at hand, not when he can't access them. This is what I meaned with "take a deep breath, calm down, and let's try to solve one step after the other". Really, really don't take this as me beeing mad. :)

Reactions: godreborn

LuxBrush

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both for your help and concern. I am stressed about this, but I do appreciate the extra info. It helps me have backup plans. Which for me can help with the stress.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing I can think of to get saves is to use the seeprom and otp bin files. I think dumpster U, dumpling, or wfs extract should be able to do it, just don't initialize the drive or it probably won't be picked up.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@godreborn And how to take the .bin files while even the recovery menu won't boot? ;)
This is what I meaned with "the OP has a really, really serious issue".

//EDIT: And our (to be fair it's my, no one more experienced replied till now) plan is to use nand-aid to copy the broken NAND to SD, then try to fix the damaged filesystem with de-fuse... And after that the OP should be able to dump OTP and SEEPROM...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@godreborn And how to take the .bin files while even the recovery menu won't boot? ;)
This is what I meaned with "the OP has a really, really serious issue".
well, I assumed that was the case or else it would be an easy fix. I was just saying originally that sometimes you come off as rude and condescending, like only you know all the answers. they rubs people, such as myself, the wrong way.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@godreborn Really, really sorry if I sounded like that. Ofc. I'm not the smartest person on the planet nor do I have the answers to anything. Just look how often I attach something like "CC @bla @blub @blurb" to my answers just to get the attention of way more skilled people than me.

Anyway, let's stop derailing the thread (after all my intention was to rail it back on track). In case you want to talk some more about me beeing an ass just PM me. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...