Hacking I'm starting to finally believe that my Acekard 2i is not a fake..

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did the latest firmware update and my card is running fine now on my fully updated (3.0.0-5) 3DS. I also have it using 1.8.9 of AKAIO. Can I finally relax and no longer worry about having possibly bought a fake card? Got it from a shop that's no longer around...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if the acekard has an anti counterfeit code and that code has been checked then its a fake. no if, ands, or buts about it. if its a 2i and reports a weird hwid number, its a fake. if its a 2i with a legit hwid but has a known clone controller chip, then again its a fake. if it says ak2i but runs an r4 firmware, its a really bad fake.

all of the currently produced clones with fake anti counterfeit codes can be updated. they are essentially 1:1 clones made with cheaper materials (at less cost) by two individuals in china (yes, only two and i have their first and last names =P). just because you were able to update it doesn't mean its not a clone.

with that said, i hope you don't have a clone, and even if you have a 1:1 clone it will work the same as a legit acekard. the only real problem is that you won't get the 1 yr warranty from acekard and you risk future problems because its not an "official" card.

either way, if it works, enjoy it and play some homebrew.

-another world

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only problem with the code verification is that when I peeled off the sticker I accidentally scratched it with my fingernail or something when I tried to remove some of the sticky stuff that remained from the sticker.. I took my best guess and couldn't get any positive info from the website.

It reports HW:81 and SVN:1121 under 'Help' in the options.

Here's a pic.

sc20111208205232.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo