Im really confused

BadAppleJuce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a quite few months ago i dug up my wii u i went to turn it on it worked fine but i couldnt find my controllers so i never played. Recently i found the controllers and went to play but when i pressed the power button it was just a flashing blue light i talked to someone and he said it could be slc corruption or bad ram and told me id need to defuse it and thats the problem i have no clue what that is i just read a ton of stuff about and am still confused i dont get what it is or how it will solve my problem can someone please explain it to me in the most dumbed down way.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This sounbds a lot like this:

Or this:

You don't need to desolder anything. You just need to wire up a respberry pi pico like this: https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/wii_u_modchip/tree/main/pico_defuse

I recommend using magnet wire, to not put stress on the pads and also taging the wires down with something like capton tape.
Also I got GND from one of the structual joints for the USB ports (instead of thatr pad) and made sure that that is the shortest wire, so it acts like a stress relief.
Also don't hook up the 3V3. The Pico will be powered by the PC.

BadAppleJuce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that was my reddit post im way less confused now so thank you but is the pico something i need to buy to put in or is it something already in the console sorry if this is a stupid question im just really clueless when it comes to this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, No