Netherlands
machomuu said:
Lightning said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:
I think WiiBricker is right.

Private Messages need to stay private. These things are only for the forum staff not for us.

Satangel, you can make a blog article of this but your not supposed to copy private messages directly from you messenger. Try not to repeat this kind of things. Just make a rant topic and don´t post yar shit to normal members.

Maybe. But if you send someone a private message, you accepting the risk that person you send it to may want to publish it to everyone.

But yeah Satangel has more then 6000 posts and is nearly 4 years active on this forum; yeah it still can happen but this is a bit unexpected.

But in respect and privacy of the other member your not supposed to post their messages. That needs to be a rule/guideline or whatever.

Yes we should respect other people's privacy but if someone is being disrespectful to you, do they deserve the respect back?

Then your supposed to contact the staff not the whole forums
tongue.gif
I don't see any reason not to do both.

I don´t see reason for the forums. The staff is to solve a problem with another member. Not everyone else XD even quest can read this...

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Lightning said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:

Private Messages need to stay private. These things are only for the forum staff not for us.

Satangel, you can make a blog article of this but your not supposed to copy private messages directly from you messenger. Try not to repeat this kind of things. Just make a rant topic and don´t post yar shit to normal members.

Maybe. But if you send someone a private message, you accepting the risk that person you send it to may want to publish it to everyone.

But yeah Satangel has more then 6000 posts and is nearly 4 years active on this forum; yeah it still can happen but this is a bit unexpected.

But in respect and privacy of the other member your not supposed to post their messages. That needs to be a rule/guideline or whatever.

Yes we should respect other people's privacy but if someone is being disrespectful to you, do they deserve the respect back?

tongue.gif

well according to Satangal he's left so doesn't make much of a difference now does it?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
30084pm said:
Lightning said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:

tongue.gif

well according to Satangal he's left so doesn't make much of a difference now does it?

Still I don´t think this is the best way to solve this problem.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lightning said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:

tongue.gif

There is no problem, though. He left, and that's it.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
machomuu said:
Lightning said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:

tongue.gif

There is no problem, though. He left, and that's it.

He says he has left. He comes back. Hello problem!

Could happen but still I stand my point.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I agree with his point, about BF3 > MW3, but that's pretty much all of his post that I could understand.

You shouldn't feel at fault in any way, ragequitting is just a childish way at lashing out in an argument they know they cannot win.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
best way is Satangel should respect PMs more. though if i had a pm like that i'd show it to some people IRL. not too much people will know but still i'd want to show it to some.
and that ripandsnip should not make a pm like that again.

what's done is done, all that's left is to learn from mistakes and move on. getting caught in the blaming period won't get you anywhere.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Lightning said:
He says he has left. He comes back. Hello problem!

Could happen but still I stand my point.
In the future it may be better that the username is omitted then. That way what's-his-face keeps his privacy and thingymajiggy gets to create a thread on the subject. (sorry i forgot the names and too lazy to check)

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get what all this fuss is about. As the saying goes, you have to give respect in order to receive respect. Ripandsip didn't give, so ho should not receive. If there is a problem with this, user name omission is the best way to fix it. Besides, a username isn't your real name (unless it's mine).

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
30084pm said:
Lightning said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:

EDIT: Lol pretty much copied and pasted machomuu's post. Damn your ninja-ing

The person who was disrespectful in the first place is the OP, not the one that left.

Besides, here is the rule that prohibits you from making private messages public:

Do not post someone's personal information without the proper consent. This includes personal photos, names, addresses, phone numbers, E-mail, instant messenger handles, conversation logs, etc. If the person requests that you remove the subject matter you must comply or else the staff members will intervene.

Yes, PNs are personal information.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
QUOTE said:
Do not post someone's personal information without the proper consent. This includes personal photos, names, addresses, phone numbers, E-mail, instant messenger handles, conversation logs, etc. If the person requests that you remove the subject matter you must comply or else the staff members will intervene.

Yes, PMs are personal information.
He didn't tell Satangel to remove it, though.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:

The person who was disrespectful in the first place is the OP, not the one that left.

Besides, here is the rule that prohibits you from making private messages public:

No personal information was disclosed and no person requested the information to be removed.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
30084pm said:
WiiBricker said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:

No personal information was disclosed and no person requested the information to be removed.

Wrong. PNs meant to be private. I now a lot of forums on which someone gets banned if he publishes private messages. Your argument is flawed. Because no one has requested the information to be removed, doesnt make this "legal" . A violation against the rules remains a violation.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
Wrong. PNs meant to be private. I now a lot of forums on which someone gets banned if he publishes private messages. Your argument is flawed. Because no one has requested the information to be removed, doesnt make this "legal" . A violation against the rules remains a violation.

No moderator has requested the information to be removed or edited, meaning no personal information was disclosed. If you feel differently then make a request to a moderator.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
30084pm said:
WiiBricker said:
30084pm said:
WiiBricker said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:
30084pm said:
Lightning said:

No moderator has requested the information to be removed or edited, meaning no personal information was disclosed. If you feel differently then make a request to a moderator.

You didn't get it. It's not about moderators or requests for removing the informations here. It's about the precept. A violation of the rules has happend, period.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
Hey, it isn't your call anyway. I don't see any personal info in the P.M. body, only mildly offensive flaming. No if it were something like a mailing address, or personal reasoning behind his anger (like childhood anger at his family), then yes. At the moment though, I don't see any violation of the GBAtemp rules.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
You didn't get it. It's not about moderators or requests for removing the informations here. It's about the precept. A violation of the rules has happend, period.
Actually you haven't proven that private info was disclosed yet.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:

And the people who enforce those rules didn't... well... enforce them. A couple of moderators have passed by this thread, and a former staff. They didn't edit or add any posts to remove information or lock this thread. If moderators feel that any rules have been broken, they would do something about it. They wouldn't sit on their asses and twiddle their thumbs while rules are being broken. Otherwise they wouldn't be good mods. If any person thinks rules HAVE been broken then I'm sure the moderator would listen to their appeal.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
machomuu said:
WiiBricker said:

Dont worry, I'll help you out there. Just open the spoiler in this post. There you can see a PM (= private message), that has been made public without the permission of the person who wrote it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
machomuu said:
WiiBricker said:

Dont worry, I'll help you out there. Just open the spoiler in this post. There you can see a PM (= private message), that has been made public without the permission of the person who wrote it.
If you're not going to take this seriously, you might as well forfeit your argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    And a shoot out with the police is like RoboCop lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Temp is back back again
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    why were servers down?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because it was telling a friend
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, telling what?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Maintenance most likely.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, understandable
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hopefully it wasn't a DDoS attack.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i was already believing that was the reason it was down
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The response from the page said it had too many connections. So perhaps, flooded traffic?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, it didnt say that for me
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, It only shows that if you do 'View Source', right below that it'll tell you the SQL response query. I feel like a nerd lol.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But for everyone, it said unexpected database error.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just said database error for me
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she said it only said "too many connections" when you view the source
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna try to actually beat touhou 6
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Have fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i recall playing some hard undertale fangames way before playing touhou, like the genocide asgore fangame or the mettaton neo 2.0 one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    so atleast im already kinda used to bullet hell games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and yea i played both undertale and deltarune too although those are a piece of cake compared to any touhou game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aaaaaaannnnnnd i already lost all my continues
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only set three default lives btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz of score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i think i first should focus more on beating the game rather than obtaining a high score
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think i first should focus more on beating the game rather than obtaining a high score