Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chintoi said:
Ah, I don't get it. Is this the matter only with the latest update?
I tested older versions and it seems to happen as far back as the original version, so it's not new -- I just never noticed it until recently.
So my guess is it is related to the DS Phat.

It may possibly the difference in clear type (?) between the DS and the DSLite/DSi/DSiXL.
In older versions of Moonshell2, there was an option to fix the blur on the DSLites, but I cannot recall what it said exactly.

The bottom screen blur isn't all that bad, with a slight angle change you can get rid of most of it (a lower viewing angle makes the screen appear brighter/more washed out which gets rid of the lighter blur around the text).

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Thanks. I uploaded the latest version 0.4 to filetrip

Permanent link : Find 'IkuReader' on FileTrip.net
wink.gif

chintoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
twiztidsinz This is fixed in latest version. You'll have to tap BGR button once though.

Update:
- fixed: files weren't always alphabetically ordered
- Phat: more BGR options to remove blur
- Lite: backlight level is now restored from previous session

GH0ST There is no need for that, I don't believe google hosting will ever be down.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I know that the DSi/XL lack pressure sensitivity on the touchscreen (whereas the DS/Lite had it), and Colors! is capable of detecting this (it'll alert you), perhaps you can have it set the aliasing order depending on what it detects?

Though the DS Lite would be the oddball (and is most often used in the original DS line), so I don't know if there's a better way to detect the model.

Rhulqdahr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
chintoi said:
Meanwhile distorted text problem really-really seems to be fixed now, but this requires testing. Please report if you had this problem and if it is fixed in this version and what is your card.
[...]
Confirmed to be fixed with DSTT.

It works like charm now. Tested on all supported types of files. I really appreciate your effort in this matter. Thank you, great job and keep it up!
smile.gif

EDIT: Just to make it clear - I had this issue on SC DSONEi with its soft uninstalled, using TTMenu in order to get Moonshell booting on startup. After the latest update of this app I had no problems with IkuReader so far.

chintoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Rydian said:
I know that the DSi/XL lack pressure sensitivity on the touchscreen (whereas the DS/Lite had it), and Colors! is capable of detecting this (it'll alert you), perhaps you can have it set the aliasing order depending on what it detects?

Though the DS Lite would be the oddball (and is most often used in the original DS line), so I don't know if there's a better way to detect the model.
DS version detection is certainly possible, but a) it's not hard to change the setting manually for a single time and b) I'm still not sure that all Phats are like that.
Rydian You're welcome. It doesn't depend on opened files. Actually another user gave me the idea of where the problem was by saying that dslibris worked fine in his setup so I just searched for the single difference in freetype initialization between IkuReader and dslibris. Previously I thought it was file system related.

Another update!
added automatic hyphenation for texts in Russian
allowed line breakes after hyphens
fixed: file ordering is now case-insensitive (for Latin filenames)
fixed: letters could appear messed up after changing font

chintoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
hyph.png

Since soft hyphens work with the latest update I think we should come up with a way to automatically set them in ebooks on a pc! I didn't find any program for it but there's this great script for web pages, could anyone ad?pt to work with ebooks? This would be awesome.

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem when I access folder except "/books", it show no files or subfolders. Do I no choice but put all file in "/books" folder?

Note: I used lastest Wood R4 + DS Lite for testing.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
tomrev said:
I have a problem when I access folder except "/books", it show no files or subfolders. Do I no choice but put all file in "/books" folder?

Note: I used lastest Wood R4 + DS Lite for testing.
Similar thing happened for me (used my DSTWO) though I never had the books folder at all. If you use it as an extlink once, it should clear up that problem.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
chintoi said:
GH0ST There is no need for that, I don't believe google hosting will ever be down.
I know but since people here are downloading softs from filetrip at least we can keep the version up-to-date (0.044 so far).

I always download from the source when it is available.

Thanks again for your hard work it is an amazing reader.

chintoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
tomrev Thanks for reporting. This should be fixed in the latest update. I can't believe this come up this late.
GH0ST All right then. Thank you for your appreciation and support.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
I've got no problem browsing and reading out of books folder.

Right now with V 0.044 if I browse ( via FILES ) one level down in folder with a long list of subfolders when I reach second page in the list ( more than ten items ) the return path is missing ( and list of files and folders ). Only the path is show on first line of the screen. After reboot if I choose FILES the saved path is fine and the display is normal. Just a little nasty bug
wink.gif

I suggest you add highlight to the selected folder/item and browsing with buttons A (select) /B (return to upfolder) L/R for listing page up and down. Thanks again for sharing with us
smile.gif

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
chintoi said:
GH0ST Exactly that has been fixed in v. 0.045. I wonder why it was noticed only now.

I never try to escape the books folder before ;-)
Thanks... I will test v0.45 now.

Edit:
It looks like eveything is fine with folders now.

I found a strange bug with a txt file ( mostly filled with 00 value ) that crash IkuReader and even poweroff my DS ! It is locate in /moonshl2/extlink/TextEdit/logbuf.txt ( it is the original file found on support page of the cyclods moonshell 2.10 version ). The file load and crash after few seconds on my cyclods and the DS turns off. I unpack a new version of the file and put it in my root folder. Same crash.

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
GH0ST said:
chintoi said:
GH0ST Exactly that has been fixed in v. 0.045. I wonder why it was noticed only now.

I never try to escape the books folder before ;-)
Thanks... I will test v0.45 now.

Edit:
It looks like eveything is fine with folders now.

I found a strange bug with a txt file ( mostly filled with 00 value ) that crash IkuReader and even poweroff my DS ! It is locate in /moonshl2/extlink/TextEdit/logbuf.txt ( it is the original file found on support page of the cyclods moonshell 2.10 version ). The file load and crash after few seconds on my cyclods and the DS turns off. I unpack a new version of the file and put it in my root folder. Same crash.
I tried that and has the exactly problem like you. The "logbuf.txt" file is not empty but when I scroll to the EOF , it crash and shutdown my DS Lite+Wood R4.

chintoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
That moonshell is positively trying to make me mad. You know it's not right to give .txt extension to a file that contains binary data. That weird bug is called stack overflow. I'll do something about it when I have time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Psionic Roshambo, the v90 build works pretty good even has 360 titles