codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the skinny.

Glad to see ABGX 1.0.6 finally arrive; got myself an iHas 324B; far as I can tell, successfully flashed with the burner max firmware.

For a test, found one of the XGD3 games; ran ABGX twice to ensure proper stealth/patching/verification.

Loaded up its .dvd file in imgburn. Set to slowest speed possible. Hit burn.

First time, the disc seemed to have gone through finish burning without error. However, when it came time to verify, it just kept erroring out around the 49% mark. Never had that happen before.

Tried two more discs... only now, it fails upon burning around that part, and keeps erroring out.

All I have right now are Memorex DVD+R DL's. Nobody anywhere here carries Verbatim except in BD-R/E's... at like $20/disc. :nayps3:

What should I do? Any settings I should look into? Imgburn says it's on its latest version.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Drop the memorex, get verbatim. They are the recommend discs for xgd3 for a reason. Others discs just do not work consistantly, or just fail to work at all.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody anywhere here carries verbatim anything except bluray. And I know bluray discs won't work in a 360.

LIterally, it's like every store here will only ever carry memorex for blank DVD's.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You'll have to order some online then. Most problems are caused by not using them, occasionally there seems to be other problems, but most of the time it's due to using something other than verbatim and it's pointless trying to troubleshoot while using other media. You can try switching opc on or off, (opposite of whatever you have it on now, as not sure what is default), seems to sort some issues for some people, but even if you get them to burn, they still might not work properly.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There are various settings that can be changed to get them to work. I use memorex as well and since xgd3 i have only burned one coaster and that was before getting my settings right. I'll edit my post after I fire up my disc burning pc and add my settings.

Settings:

Overburn on

In advance settings for Lite-On turn on
Force Hyper Tuning
Online Hyper Tuning
Smart Burn

I also burn my discs at 4x.

Let me know if this helped you out.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll keep that in mind next time. Took off rather early because by some miracle I found a store near work that actually did have some Verbatim DVD+R DL's in stock; burning my first try with them as I type this... hoping that I don't make them into coasters either. Cost me plenty enough as it is. Since when did verbatim blanks become like a carton of cigs in prison (a.k.a. new currency) ?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Verb's are also rather expensive over here.
I never used anything other then verbs for any gaming system.
Never wasted a disc with them.

Imho, it's better to invest in somewhat more expensive DVD's like verbs then cheap rubbish.
I'd rather pay 1 buck for a DVD then 10 bucks minimum for a game.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's not that I don't mind paying the few extra bucks for a quality verb. disc as I can find them around here in stores most times I go out to buy discs. It's when I don't find them I'm not going to wait around a day or 2 for them to show up through the mail. I also dont play on live so I have no fear of getting banned by the new checks.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Max Firmware has been profiled to use Verbatim disks. You can profile a different type of media so it will work. Here's how.

Things you will need:
MediaCodeSpeedEditer: http://www.videohelp...iaCodeSpeedEdit
Burner Max Firmware: Google
Imageburn: Google

How to:
Run up ImgBurn
Insert a blank disk into the drive and click verify disk. Take note of the disk type shown.
gallery_181602_62_42988.jpg

Close ImgBurn and remove the disk

Open the MediaCodeSpeedEdit.Exe and load the firmware for your iHAS Drive.
gallery_181602_62_60781.jpg

Double click the media type you recorded from ImgBurn.
gallery_181602_62_13017.jpg

Select the "RICOHJPN D01-001 2.4x" profile and click OK. (say "Yes" to any messages) (I have tested this with Aone Plus disks and the same profile is reported to work with Memorex)
gallery_181602_62_58781.jpg

Save the firmware and then install your edited BIN to your iHAS.
http://www.techkings...x-tutorial.html

Burning with ImgBurn.
Ensure the "Perform OPC" is ticked in "> settings > Write." Also make sure the verify and 2.4x options are set before burning.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol