IGN: MGS 3D: Snake Eater visuals look good to better than PS2 ver.

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 6,066
  • Replies 73

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a demo being released for this game, but to be honest, the smartest move to make is to buy the HD Collection.
That's whats gonna kill this game so bad. the HD version just looks infinitely better. Everyone will look at both and say, "Oh look that HD one looks better",and buy it.

Sure, if they don't mind spending another 300 dollars on top of the cost of the game, rofl

Because people totally didn't spend $180/$250 on the 3DS compared to the $200 for a standard Xbox model. In fact...

3DS (at current price) + MGS3D = $220. If I wanted to be a bitch and include the CPP then let's make that $240. If I wanted to be a REAL bitch then I'd say at launch, so let's make that $310.

Xbox 360 4GB model + MGS HD = $250. Plus you get a goddamn Xbox 360 and two other MGS games. Hell, throw in a year of Xbox Live for $60 to make 'em both even.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Because people totally didn't spend $180/$250 on the 3DS compared to the $200 for a standard Xbox model. In fact...

3DS (at current price) + MGS3D = $220. If I wanted to be a bitch and include the CPP then let's make that $240. If I wanted to be a REAL bitch then I'd say at launch, so let's make that $310.

Xbox 360 4GB model + MGS HD = $250. Plus you get a goddamn Xbox 360 and two other MGS games. Hell, throw in a year of Xbox Live for $60 to make 'em both even.
http://i.imgur.com/MM96c.png
0yMc0.png

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

0yMc0.png

Where's the "Get MGS HD Collection for the Vita" branch off of "Want to play MGS3 on the go"? Or the "Why the fuck do you want to play MGS3 on the go" branch off the "Want to play MGS3 on the go"?

D

Deleted_171835

OP

0yMc0.png
Where's the "Get MGS HD Collection for the Vita" branch off of "Want to play MGS3 on the go"? Or the "Why the fuck do you want to play MGS3 on the go" branch off the "Want to play MGS3 on the go"?
I can't really comment on the Vita version as there's been literally no information on it. But Snake Eater 3D does have the advantage of the whole 3DDDDDD effect and a couple added things. On the Vita, I would expect it to just be a straight port (not that there's anything wrong with that).

And honestly, with my really long bus rides MGS3 on the go wouldn't be so bad. There's also the added bonus of not being tied to a television in case you would rather play as you go to sleep or something.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a demo being released for this game, but to be honest, the smartest move to make is to buy the HD Collection.
That's whats gonna kill this game so bad. the HD version just looks infinitely better. Everyone will look at both and say, "Oh look that HD one looks better",and buy it.

Sure, if they don't mind spending another 300 dollars on top of the cost of the game, rofl

So, you seem to think people would buy a console for a game even though they wanted it portable? Right, keep thinking that to yourself. I am sure before long they will release a MGS 3D Collection for the 3DS and then you will find some more straws to grasp at in a fail attempt to bash Nintendo products by comparing them to consoles that have been out for 6 years and some how praise the failure that is the PS Vita by stating your opinion as fact.

Also, who would buy MGS for the Vita anyway? With a 2 and a half hour battery life, you sure as hell aren't going to get very far before the battery shits the bed. At least I can get at least 4 hours of game time out of my 3DS before needing to charge it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where did you get 2 and a half hours from?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/12/22/ps-vita-battery-tests
about 4 hours (and if you want to complain about ign theres like 50 other sites that say just about the same thing)

the only way you can get 4 hours on the 3ds is if you turn off 3d (along with all the other stuff)
same with the vita except its way less impact on gameplay
your comment is null in another words

they wont be releasing the hd collection for the 3ds, its silly to think so after all the time and advertising, hyping, ect... they put into mgs3ds

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not commenting on the game itself, but that video...

That video looked like shit. It was blurry as hell even on 720p

It was upscaled from 420x240 aka 240p so of course it'll look like shit.
And you can confirm that IGN ripped the feed directly from the game itself and not another video source?
Because I recall their gameplay videos of Resident Evil, Mario 3D, and many other games to have looked MUCH MUCH MUCH better, and suposably they're also scaled from the same 400x240 resolution. So I don't know why the video looks so terrible, I just know that resolution isn't to blame. It has to be a quality issue, because I know for a fact, without playing/seeing it, that direct feed from a 3DS blown up can still look pretty damn good.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
they wont be releasing the hd collection for the 3ds, its silly to think so after all the time and advertising, hyping, ect... they put into mgs3ds
They could release a 3D Collection later. The only reason I can think of as to why they would leave MGS3D alone is because it takes a while to add the 3D effect to the entire game.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone else reckon Konami should have just made an enhanced port of Peace Walker? I'm unconvinced about MGS3 working as a portable game. Whereas PW worked well as a portable game whilst also being fucking fantastic.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else reckon Konami should have just made an enhanced port of Peace Walker? I'm unconvinced about MGS3 working as a portable game. Whereas PW worked well as a portable game whilst also being fucking fantastic.

TBH you might as well just buy it on the PSN Store and play it on the Vita. You won't get any fancier graphics but being able to map your controls as you wish (and to two analogs) gives you both the proper control scheme and portability. Unfortunately it's not in the Vita MGS HD Collection.

But I'd enjoy a remake or enhanced version. I probably wouldn't care for a 3DS version though since it'd only be worth it if you used the CPP (which I wouldn't ever buy).

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

0yMc0.png
What's wrong with this chart, where is "Play MGS3 on PS2"?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But it's just a 4GB model (60 GB is a better investment, or one should at least get a 20 GB), not to mention the 3DS just launched and the library is rapidly expanding, while the 360 is nearing the end of its lifespan and you'd just be better of waiting for its successor. Really, using that chart the 3DS seems like a better investment. Not to mention the launch price is irrelevant. At the very least one should get a PS3 instead of the 360, don't need to pay for online and you get more games with the MGS HD game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Except all of reddit 4chan and YouTube reviewers