IGN: MGS 3D: Snake Eater visuals look good to better than PS2 ver.

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 6,061
  • Replies 73

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Good work if it's true. Must have taken a lot of time and optimization before it looked this good. And this is just a launchgame, which usually doesn't do justice to the true power of a console.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why hasn't Guild McCommunist posted yet?

It's his secondary occupation to call this game a "shitty port" whenever it's brought up in any thread

It's not really a "shitty port" anymore (plus Rydian would cry about me using the word "port" instead of "remake"), now it's just a shitty idea.

I don't see why anyone would desire MGS3 on-the-go. It is a pretty terrible portable game. Plus I have no clue how they're gonna make that ridiculously complex control scheme work with a whole lot less buttons. I mean simplifying it would be good but they still have to preserve all the features of the original game.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's his secondary occupation to call this game a "shitty port" whenever it's brought up in any thread

It's not really a "shitty port" anymore (plus Rydian would cry about me using the word "port" instead of "remake"), now it's just a shitty idea.

I don't see why anyone would desire MGS3 on-the-go. It is a pretty terrible portable game. Plus I have no clue how they're gonna make that ridiculously complex control scheme work with a whole lot less buttons. I mean simplifying it would be good but they still have to preserve all the features of the original game.

MGS3 on-the-go. It is a pretty terrible portable game

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

Touch screen says hi.
Most people haven't played the original so it's a great thing to have on the system.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Touch screen says hi.
Most people haven't played the original so it's a great thing to have on the system.

Well if anything that'd be a more positive feature. All the complex button combos weren't fun, they were just obtuse. Although now they have to compensate by the system's inabilities with like the crouchwalk (I'm guessing the circle pad isn't as sensitive as an analog stick where you could control Snake's movement speed and thus stealthiness by making him walk slower).

The game is just a shit idea since it's so focused on cutscenes and long stretches of gameplay that chopping it up would be highly ineffective. It's also just stupid to buy this game for $40 when you can literally buy the HD Collection with two other games for $10 more. And if you're going "OH BUT I DON'T HAVE A HD CONSOLE" but you bought a 3DS then maybe you shouldn't be gaming.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Touch screen says hi.
The main problem is that the actual game uses face buttons for camera and NOT the touch screen. (Think: Peace Walker?)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing the circle pad isn't as sensitive as an analog stick where you could control Snake's movement speed and thus stealthiness by making him walk slower).
The circle pad does respond to sensitive movement, including tilting lightly to walk slower (yes i've tried this with games that use such a function). It's very much an analog stick.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm guessing the circle pad isn't as sensitive as an analog stick where you could control Snake's movement speed and thus stealthiness by making him walk slower).
The circle pad does respond to sensitive movement, including tilting lightly to walk slower (yes i've tried this with games that use such a function). It's very much an analog stick.
I agree with this. In the RE Rev demo tilting slightly only gives slow movements,

Some people actually think that the circle pad is unresponsive to sensitivity just because it somehow resembles the 'nub' - it appears that you haven't tried it yet.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm wondering, why did they include crouch walk then? Originally you just had to sneak up on baddies my moving slowly.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why they included such a feature. The analog function of the circle pad works perfectly. I used it a lot back when i still owned Rayman 3D, which made use of the analog sensitivity to allow for slower walking. It has good range too, i have no problem slow walking around in RE:Revelations demo either (i never accidentally cause the character to run, despite having rather large hands and fingers).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I don't know why they included such a feature. The analog function of the circle pad works perfectly. I used it a lot back when i still owned Rayman 3D, which made use of the analog sensitivity to allow for slower walking. It has good range too, i have no problem slow walking around in RE:Revelations demo either (i never accidentally cause the character to run, despite having rather large hands and fingers).
To troll us about the game being a full remake and not a port?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
MGS3 has quite a few cutscenes which would hamper the portable experience. Near the start of the gale there's a thirty minute cutscene.
This made me chuckle, because you're not even joking.

The first 15 minutes of the game is a modified history lesson about the Cold War

-------------------

Touch screen says hi.
The main problem is that the actual game uses face buttons for camera and NOT the touch screen. (Think: Peace Walker?)
No way... Source?
I've never played Peace Walker but that just sounds like a bad idea

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MGS3 has quite a few cutscenes which would hamper the portable experience. Near the start of the gale there's a thirty minute cutscene.
This made me chuckle, because your not even joking.

The first 15 minutes of the game is a modified history lesson about the Cold War

Note I said 'near' not at the very start.

EDIT: I played PW and having the face buttons to control the camera is the best control scheme possible. It isn't perfect and you would prefer using an analog stick/nub but it does work.

EDIT2: added in a word.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a demo being released for this game, but to be honest, the smartest move to make is to buy the HD Collection.
That's whats gonna kill this game so bad. the HD version just looks infinitely better. Everyone will look at both and say, "Oh look that HD one looks better",and buy it.

Sure, if they don't mind spending another 300 dollars on top of the cost of the game, rofl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Back