Hacking If you are gonna update EmuNAND to 6.3, Too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orichalcos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What are you guys doing ? Updating emuNAND without the Gateway team says their word? I can't believe that \=
I'm waiting for them to update their website first,ok if you have backups go ahead !
But I didn't get it , the red gateway card does work or not on 7.0? <<<Lazy to read all of the 25 topic pages.

logon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
What are you guys doing ? Updating emuNAND without the Gateway team says their word? I can't believe that \=
I'm waiting for them to update their website first,ok if you have backups go ahead !
But I didn't get it , the red gateway card does work or not on 7.0? <<<Lazy to read all of the 25 topic pages.

Redcard partially works from what people have being saying. Works with all games except for one built with NAND saving and 5.X.X SDK. This means games like legend of zelda: a link between worlds and Monster hunter 4 DO NOT work

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, if I didn't update (or if I don't have an emuNAND at all for whatever reason), I shouldn't update at all until we hear otherwise from the GW folks, correct?

If so, doesn't that put folks like me back to where we were before 2.0b1 in terms of what games will work?

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
So, if I didn't update (or if I don't have an emuNAND at all for whatever reason), I shouldn't update at all until we hear otherwise from the GW folks, correct?

If so, doesn't that put folks like me back to where we were before 2.0b1 in terms of what games will work?

I guess it does :(

Well, I did a 6.3 emuNAND e backed it up, just in case.
Now I have updated to 7 and confirmed it "suckz" so I can return to 6.3...
Unfortunately no eShop for now, but at least I have an emuNAND.

Cheers!

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I guess it does :(

Well, I did a 6.3 emuNAND e backed it up, just in case.
Now I have updated to 7 and confirmed it "suckz" so I can return to 6.3...
Unfortunately no eShop for now, but at least I have an emuNAND.

Cheers!

Some people is claiming that updating from 4.X directly to 7.0 is making ROMs working. Others say that they update emuNAND from 6.3 to 7.0 and GW is not working for this reason. This is a weird behaviour in my opinion and I hope it doesn't affect future compatibility, since I'd not like to redo the emuNAND :/

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Some people is claiming that updating from 4.X directly to 7.0 is making ROMs working. Others say that they update emuNAND from 6.3 to 7.0 and GW is not working for this reason. This is a weird behaviour in my opinion and I hope it doesn't affect future compatibility, since I'd not like to redo the emuNAND :/

Well, we certainly need someone to test this out...
My GW didn't arrive yet (and I honestly dunno if it'll arrive this year). Yeah, yeah it sucks!
I had to buy overseas since I could not buy one here without selling BOTH kidneys first.

Any lucky soul to help us test that?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, we certainly need someone to test this out...
My GW didn't arrive yet (and I honestly dunno if it'll arrive this year). Yeah, yeah it sucks!
I had to buy overseas since I could not buy one here without selling BOTH kidneys first.

Any lucky soul to help us test that?

The user who has his cart working on 7.0 has a R4i, but there's a 3DSLink user who updated from 4.3 to 7.0 as well and his 3DSLink cart is not working, so this seems to be a completely random behaviour (which should not be).

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The user who has his cart working on 7.0 has a R4i, but there's a 3DSLink user who updated from 4.3 to 7.0 as well and his 3DSLink cart is not working, so this seems to be a completely random behaviour (which should not be).

Gotcha!
Well, I guess I'll have to wait to test this out...

Hey, I just noticed you're from Mexico. Soludos mi amigo! I've spent some time living and working at Mexico 4 year ago for around 9 month. Nice culture and good food (true). Me gustava las tortillas de arachera. :)

Cheers!

Reactions: kyogre123

Loaded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have updated my emunand to 7.0 and now Zelda ALBW rom works but is in spanish!! oO

Can you tell us what steps you took to get this working and which version/name of the ROM it is exactly?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it's playable on emuNAND 7.0 if you update to 7.0 directly: .

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

You don't need emunand to play games made with 5.x SDK. Just 2.0 firmware with SysNAND will allow you to play them.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok seriously, the only reason why anybody would want to update their emunand to 7.x is if they didn't update to 6.3 so they're stuck on 4.x and they want to play Zelda so badly ... some people got it working on 7.x but it's still unclear what you have to do for it to work so unless you're in that situation, there's no reason to update to 7.x right now since miiverse, settings, eshop and most of the userfull features/apps are crashing. Just wait for GW to release a fix and if you're not on 6.3 enjoy the rest of the 3ds library :S

PS: I started Zelda but then Bravely Default came out in Europe and It took full control of my 3ds since then :P

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok seriously, the only reason why anybody would want to update their emunand to 7.x is if they didn't update to 6.3 so they're stuck on 4.x and they want to play Zelda so badly ... some people got it working on 7.x but it's still unclear what you have to do for it to work so unless you're in that situation, there's no reason to update to 7.x right now since miiverse, settings, eshop and most of the userfull features/apps are crashing. Just wait for GW to release a fix and if you're not on 6.3 enjoy the rest of the 3ds library :S

It's not unclear anymore. Read the up to date compatibility thread, it's just on the first page of the index.

Jay L

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok seriously, the only reason why anybody would want to update their emunand to 7.x is if they didn't update to 6.3 so they're stuck on 4.x and they want to play Zelda so badly ...

Even that's not true. I have a 2nd 3ds that I forgot to update the firmware on before 7.0 came out, and the new Zelda works fine on it with its 4.4 firmware in gateway mode (using Gateway 2.0b)

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thx for the clarification ... there are just so many questions and people ranting about 7.x on emuNAND that I wanted to make it clear that unless it's for Zelda, there's no reason to update

realadeel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thx for the clarification ... there are just so many questions and people ranting about 7.x on emuNAND that I wanted to make it clear that unless it's for Zelda, there's no reason to update

You dont need emuNAND at all to play Zelda. Im surprised how confused people here are.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unless he wants to play with his retail cartridge.
But, you are right, 99% of users are probably using ROMs if it's not for Pokemon/Animal Crossing.

Drenn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There seems to be some dispute about which features are working with emunand 7.0.0. Keep in mind that different region 3ds's could have different behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://youtu.be/N8pbnjvypQ0?feature=shared&t=958