Hacking if i hacked my vwii for usbloader games can i update in the future?

scott0bloke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hello guys wondering if i can still update my wii u if their is a new system update in the future guessing that their will be when smash bros comes out with its new game cube adapter and amiibos would i still be able to update :( ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nobody knows the future.

If the WiiU update doesn't modify the vWii anti-piracy protection, then you are fine.
vWii has been updated since the WiiU launch, but never to counter softmod. We don't know if Nintendo will continue like that or will decide to block it.
There's a lot of chance that they will not update the detection.

As long as you don't mess your vWii system files up, you can update WiiU without problem.
Just never touch or use homebrew modifying IOS files below slot 200.

scott0bloke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nobody knows the future.

If the WiiU update doesn't modify the vWii anti-piracy protection, then you are fine.
vWii has been updated since the WiiU launch, but never to counter softmod. We don't know if Nintendo will continue like that or will decide to block it.
There's a lot of chance that they will not update the detection.

As long as you don't mess your vWii system files up, you can update WiiU without problem.
Just never touch or use homebrew modifying IOS files below slot 200.

I installed all the ios files necessary for loading back up games only and when i only had homebrew nothing else edited i made an nand back up before installing ios in the future if they do update the anti piracy protection can i just install my old nand and my vwii would go back to normal so i could delete home brew and update?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's no way to restore NAND on vWii.
NAND backup is done only in hope there will be a way in the future, or if you need to restore it with hardware flasher to solder in your console. It's also done in case you need to extract a single file from it (IOS, or config etc.) and write it back to NAND (but not a full restore, you need a working vWii to restore files one by one).

scott0bloke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There's no way to restore NAND on vWii.
NAND backup is done only in hope there will be a way in the future, or if you need to restore it with hardware flasher to solder in your console. It's also done in case you need to extract a single file from it (IOS, or config etc.) and write it back to NAND (but not a full restore, you need a working vWii to restore files one by one).

well would there be a way to restore the original ioses i replaced to get usb loader working I am really sorry for the noob questions just this is allot different from the wii.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You didn't replace IOS to get USBLoaders working, you added new ones.
Original IOS are located in slots located from 1 to 80
For USBLoaders, you installed patched IOS in slot number 249, 250, and maybe 251 depending on the tutorial you followed.

scott0bloke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah they are the ones i installed i always thought it was replacing not adding oh well thank you lots for your help :)

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't replace IOS to get USBLoaders working, you added new ones.
Original IOS are located in slots located from 1 to 80
For USBLoaders, you installed patched IOS in slot number 249, 250, and maybe 251 depending on the tutorial you followed.

That was a good reply, never quite saw it explained like that, although we all know that's what happens.

Reactions: ChrisX930

SunnyDelacote

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
and its safe to go to eshop? because i wanna go to update some games likes pikmin, sonic lost world, and also buy mario kart 8, and my wiiu is aswell modded with usbloader gx

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The latest update does not block vWii, so you are free to update to the latest version if you are only interested in vWii (and are not interested in the WiiU browser exploit).

Nintendo may patch the vWii later, but it seems unlikely - the existing vWii exploits have been around since long before the WiiU was released, and they've yet to be patched. Yet, Nintendo patched the WiiU browser exploit almost straight away. This implies that Nintendo aren't overly concerned about the vWii side of the console.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nobody will ever tell you if it's safe or not because nobody knows exactly what goes on in Nintendo Network server-side. What we can tell you is that nobody's been banned for using vWii modifications yet, but with the same breath, using any form of firmware modification and going online with it on any system is always risky. You take the responsibility for your actions and nobody's giving any guarantee that hacks and mods are safe to use.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I patch IOS 80, can I install it back from a NAND backup so the WiiU can be updated?
That's a good question.
I saw a lot of users telling the WiiU updated didn't work because they had another IOS patched. (IOS36 or 53 etc.)

But I guess a lot of users applied the IOS80 patch to install channels on SD, but they never reported that it prevented them to update the wiiU.

It's strange that only users with lower patched IOS reported the update issue.

You can install it back ONLY if you make a proper backup with YetAnotherBlueDumpMod.
your wad must be clean. If you create the wad from a NAND backup using computer utilities it will not make a clean wad file.
So, be sure you have a clean IOS80 extracted from the vWii using YABDM before attempting to patch it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill