Hacking [IDEA] Jak & Daxter Collection Overclocking For Better Framerate?

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, never. I dont think we will see past 444 mhz. Get latest vitamin, dump your game and enable 444 mhz mode. That is what you are gonna get for a long time.

I guess some people will at least poke around and see what is possible. I mean, every MHz counts for homebrew and emulators.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
as i already stated even the current dumps are already patched
oh so all the dumps people are making are not clean, that's a shame lol

i wish the devs did stuff like reactpsn where we just use the license files and can get the clean untouched game data from sony...

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh so all the dumps people are making are not clean, that's a shame lol

i wish the devs did stuff like reactpsn where we just use the license files and can get the clean untouched game data from sony...
the official dumper has been released that includes the plugin that activates the 444mhz so apparently I was wrong about it being active yet (unless the early build was glitched and somehow activated it anyway) but I'm still sure it works in conjunction with steroid

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
the official dumper has been released that includes the plugin that activates the 444mhz so apparently I was wrong about it being active yet (unless the early build was glitched and somehow activated it anyway) but I'm still sure it works in conjunction with steroid
sure i saw a picture on thefl0w's twitter - it looked pretty cool/basic, like the vsh menu for psp lol, nice

garache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just want overclock for all my already downloaded PSN games. Shame i have to redump a already installed game to have this work. Better wait for future updates.

Thats a deal breaker for me. I cant remember but did the overclock on the PSP do much for its performance?

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay hopefully what I am about to say will clear this up for most people. When vitamon was released a separate plugin was released with it. The separate plugin is called "amphetamin", the plugin only functions with games that are dumped using vitamon (or other dumping tools).

Last edited by jimmyleen,

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It slashed loadtimes and increased framerates
basically this but it varies per game some gained more than others....so who wants to be the first person to take an hour or so to dump the collection and test the plugin? the plugin also lets you clock the gpu a bit as well

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats a deal breaker for me. I cant remember but did the overclock on the PSP do much for its performance?
Okay hopefully what I am about to say will clear this up for most people. When vitamon was released a separate plugin was released with it. The separate plugin is called "amphetamin", the plugin only functions with games that are dumped using vitamon (or other dumping tools).
It slashed loadtimes and increased framerates
basically this but it varies per game some gained more than others....so who wants to be the first person to take an hour or so to dump the collection and test the plugin? the plugin also lets you clock the gpu a bit as well
Well yes, on psp the over clock did decrease load times and improve frame rates for some games. Not all. It depends on the game to be honest. Usually on psp some games like Final fantasy IV complete collection or Dissdia had a function of data install. If you are familiar with it from Xbox 360 and some ps3 games, it helps improve load times by storing data on the HDD and during game the data will be read from both disc and HDD. The psp games with data install had the same effect, read from UMD and Memory stick. Though it would always say if the game is already full installed on the memory stick (Downloaded from PSN obviously) That it would be unnecessary.

Besides that the pro CFW had some iso loading settings like ISO 9660 or M33 or PRO something like that. I dunno if it also effected loading times, as well as any psp that isn't 1000 had extra ram to help and the 333MHZ clock speed mod it hard to know the difference in load speeds when playing on Memory card back up or UMD disc, either way it should improve performance of the game, possible it will or not. Testing only can tell.

Since i have No retail game card, i really have no reason to use vitamin right now, but i did for curious reasons, i tried to dump Dragon fantasy and it freeze when it was doing it. Not only that the dump time was over 5 minutes for a file less than 100 MB which i can't imagine something over 2 GB like metal gear solid HD or Tales of Heart R would be all day. Not to mention after freezing i had to shut off system and home menu wouldn't load and had to fix it by booting withoud memory card then reinserting it. I prefer to wait for a more stable and official word of things after that than risk dumping over 2GB of game if it would be unsucessful. :P

I do wish this and future plugins work without require dump with vitamin but i guess we have to wait and see. :)
Also i think over clock will consume more battery faster as well so there is that.

Benuno

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So did anyone already try out the 444mhz mode with jak & Daxter Collection and gained some extra FPS :?
Otherwise I am going to test it and let you know how much it helps :).

Last edited by Benuno,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO