Hacking Idea: Full Screen Mod for NDS roms *3DS*

Dionysus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be nice if this was made possible, maybe it is..who knows until someone tries it heh ;)

Scaling it may make the graphics look uglier and decrease framerate slightly :S

So inb4pplsayitsnotpossibleorthatitsawasteoftimeandtobegratefulforwhatigot....

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're already pretty pixelated on an original DS Lite screen, a little more on the 3DS, but...

Imagine a Pokemon BW battle using the full 3DS screen? That won't be pretty.

Maybe certain games would be bearable.

Reactions: 2 people

Tekken179

Trophies
XP
Country
OH EM GEE BUY A DS XL1!?!?!>?!:!:'#1:!"@!"l@:!l@!":l!"@£:l!"@:lE1Q'L2EK';KL

Seriously though it surprised me Nintendo didn't do it like they did for gameboy games on a gba, obviously wouldn't work same way, but not bothered by it really, I say once it has been hacked into properly and the likes of 3D flashcarts.

To be honest i have no intentions of ripping dev's off by d'ling 3d games, i'd be lieing if i said i never have done it but now i'm older and wiser and like the idea of material possessions haha, I'm honestly looking more forward to what kind of homebrew can be achieved once (which will be too long of a time to get hopes up yet btw) it has been breached, emulation and application wise :), i honestly hope to see easy on the eye GUI's coming with these homebrew's most of them are horrible to look at, although i love the concept pictures of 'the Homebrew Channel' on the 3ds.

SuperMoLOL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i thought of that b4, but there are some games that requires u to use the touch screen and the upper screen in the same time, so if the upper screen will be stretched that wont work, like new super mario bros, in the mini games, and some other games, but again, it would be a nice option to choose also..

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Funny how people enter this thread to find THE IDEA to make DS games up screen bigger and then BAMMM all they find is a troll asking for a mod... awesome.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tape a magnifying glass 0.5inches above your screen and it'll look like it's right there.
I still have my GameBoy magnifier... shame it isn't widescreen! :ha:

Is that the one that you had to put an extra frame on your gameboy and it had the lights and the magnifying "glass"? If so my mom would always get mad at me for using it because I would play my gameboy in bed when I was little

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tape a magnifying glass 0.5inches above your screen and it'll look like it's right there.

Is that the one that you had to put an extra frame on your gameboy and it had the lights and the magnifying "glass"? If so my mom would always get mad at me for using it because I would play my gameboy in bed when I was little
Yeah, something a little like this:

lightmagnifier.jpg

I don't think mine says Light Player on it, though (it's been in the loft for a long time). Those things were ridiculous, I could only imagine the looks I'd get strapping one of these to a 3DS. Maybe that's what the 3DS accessory market is really missing, a dual screen magnifier. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 person

Banzboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dude I totally had one of those lightplayers!!!! It came with an adapter so I could fit my gameboy pocket. I remember using that bad boy to play crystal on the airplane!

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, something a little like this:

lightmagnifier.jpg

I don't think mine says Light Player on it, though (it's been in the loft for a long time). Those things were ridiculous, I could only imagine the looks I'd get strapping one of these to a 3DS. Maybe that's what the 3DS accessory market is really missing, a dual screen magnifier. :rolleyes:

Oh that's right, it was an adapter since i had a gameboy pocket that my mom got for me when we had to take the train to minnesota from the west coast. Only video game she ever bought for me the rest i had to earn myself and damn glad sshe did that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay