Hacking I want to update to 3.2U from 3.1U but alas..No internet

BillandAlisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I know there are some installers out there that can upgrade/downgrade my wii but it requires some kind of connection to the internet.

Is there any installers out there that doesn't require any connection at all? Same thing with Starfall.

If you have any idea where pm me to keep the mods happy.
yaypsp.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Same thing with Starfall.
Starfall doesn't need any internet! only Firmware 3.2

QUOTEIs there any installers out there that doesn't require any connection at all?
Also there is, but it's pretty dangerous, it's a "sketchy" way to do it, and things can go wrong during the installation......

Have you got a modchip at all? as you could use semi brick disc fix gives you 3.2
Why don't you use a disc to update, buy a game with 3.2 firmware, or GET THE INTERNET
tongue.gif

BillandAlisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
Same thing with Starfall.
Starfall doesn't need any internet! only Firmware 3.2

QUOTEIs there any installers out there that doesn't require any connection at all?
Also there is, but it's pretty dangerous, it's a "sketchy" way to do it, and things can go wrong during the installation......

Have you got a modchip at all? as you could use semi brick disc fix gives you 3.2
Why don't you use a disc to update, buy a game with 3.2 firmware, or GET THE INTERNET
tongue.gif

Sweet on the Starfall, and I thought there isn't any games with the 3.2 firmware? The internet is in the plans, probably ending up buying an usb wifi on my desktop.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Sweet on the Starfall, and I thought there isn't any games with the 3.2 firmware? The internet is in the plans, probably ending up buying an usb wifi on my desktop.
Sure SSBB has 3.2, anyway the only safe option for you is to get the internet and update to 3.4 then downgrade using the tutorial which is "stickied" at the top of the section!

Also you didn't mention if your chipped or not?

BillandAlisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No ...no modchip here, I watched the video and it was very intimating watching someone taking apart the wii, so many damn little screws in there.

I forgot to add while I do not have an modchip installed. I do have backuploader in my Wii.

BillandAlisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the double post but I thought I would like to point this out.

According to Wii update manager it said

3.1J_v2 100 Super Smash Bros. Brawl ..not the 3.2
hate2.gif
Well I guess I am stuck waiting until I get the wifi usb.
gbasp.gif

raenef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL,same thing happend me so I just brought the Wii to my friends house because my Wiifi wasnt working

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
LOL,same thing happend me so I just brought the Wii to my friends house because my Wiifi wasnt working
Yeah don't you know anyone who can borrow you there router or whatever, even bring your wii round theirs? would help you out till you buy a Wifi connector or router.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
BillandAlisha said:
sorry for the double post but I thought I would like to point this out.

According to Wii update manager it said

3.1J_v2 100 Super Smash Bros. Brawl ..not the 3.2
hate2.gif
Well I guess I am stuck waiting until I get the wifi usb.
gbasp.gif

maybe use a open wifi connection near you?
tongue.gif
i have my own wifi, but somebody here in the neighbourhood has a open connection which can be used, and many people don't know how to put passwords on them
wink2.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
maybe use a open wifi connection near you? i have my own wifi, but somebody here in the neighbourhood has a open connection which can be used, and many people don't know how to put passwords on them
very true, or use Linux and crack some keys
tongue.gif
if the are the certain encryption, i'm sure you know, if you don't bugger ya, I'm not helping.

Go wak your wii over in different area of the house, see if you pick any signals up lol, may need to put your wii outside on the window ledge lol
tongue.gif
jsut don't let it fall hehe goodbye wiiwii

Also if he got a connection, they may shutdown or whatever, reboot, take electricity off, and he's was in the middle of downgrading....oh dear hehe

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been checking recently, the only way to get the 3.2 menu itself (officially signed) not from NUS servers is bushing's semi-brick fix disc. It is not on any legit disc at all (I'm about 98% positive).

I am assembling a "Tru3.2U" pack. It will have everything legitimately signed as it would be in 3.2U (you PAL and JPN folks will have to find your own menus tho), plus all extras to make it run as if updated for functionality. Ask me about it later if it interests you. Think of it as a goodset.

PS: I know it is nothing exciting, so you don't need to point that out if you think it's a waste of time.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey noobwarrior I made one along time ago never promoted it because didn't want to tech support it I offered it to him but like he says he's no go on the chip... so no go for him...

-kitt050383

I would be interested in comparing mine to yours when your done with it drop me a line w/ a link for download....
smile.gif

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Take Bushing's Semi-Brick Fix Disc and use Wiiscrubber/Trucha signer to remove IOS30.wad and SystemMenu.wad

Then use Wadmanager to install the 2 and you will be at 3.2

Only use the Disc that goes to your region.

I have done this successfully more than once as I upgrade some of my friend's Wiis.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Tichinde925 said:
Take Bushing's Semi-Brick Fix Disc and use Wiiscrubber/Trucha signer to remove IOS30.wad and SystemMenu.wad

Then use Wadmanager to install the 2 and you will be at 3.2

Only use the Disc that goes to your region.

I have done this successfully more than once as I upgrade some of my friend's Wiis.

BUT! Something CAN go wrong. When I installed mine.. thank god it went fine.. But it COULD give an error.. And if it does... As I heard it.. your Wii will be bricked afterwards ? Anyway once in a while I install wads I get some weird errors, but when I try again the installation, it completes it fine... So something like this could happen during the installation... Only do it if you can take a risk
tongue.gif

If you do this, remember that you need to install the IOS first, and then the system menu.

skill1414

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the way i updated without the internet was to grab an iso of a game that contains an update. Use WiiUpdateManager to swap the update with 3.2. Burn to dvd and chuck it in the wii. when it asks you to update it will be 3.2

BillandAlisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...so now what? Plopping down 25 bucks in a usb adapter making my computer an hot spot? FYI..no amateurs wifi around here..Gosh darn it

( Didnt know if you can day Da*n here or not...if I can..mods please replace that cheesy "Gosh darn it "

Skill1414 I tried that, and the backuploader didn't force an update. Did you have to do anything to force an update, keep in mind I do not have a mod chip.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
How about do what was suggested before ? Download the Bushings fix, extract the system menu and IOS out of the .iso file, and you'll have two .wad files. Install those through WADManager and you're done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...