• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

I thought they said Jan6 was a violent insurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never once said the footage is discredited or does not exist because it's shown om Fox.
But you did say:
Tucker Carlson and Fox as your sources. LMFAO. Seriously? Gtfo.

Certainly sounds like you want the new footage dismissed because it's being shown on Fox, without regard to what it shows.

I don't have a dog in the hunt wrt: "Carlson's narrative." As you rightly point out, the footage he's showing is clearly cherry picked. But it's being done to show that the footage we've been shown to-date was also cherry picked, to promote another narrative which was also not entirely honest. Some people that day committed vandalism against public property. That's obvious. But most did not. Most people who went inside the Capitol that day did nothing but walk around and take selfies. I would like to see every person who committed property damage in this incident prosecuted, just as I'd like the to see the same for every person who committed violence and property damage at Federal courthouses in Portland and elsewhere during protests in 2020. But the overwhelming narrative from the Jan 6 committee and news reporting until now that this was an attempt at "Insurrection" of the US Government is false. And I really don't care who is able to expose that lie, as long as it is exposed.
Post automatically merged:

It was a true posting in the news. Even on FOX :rofl2: The irony of it all. :rofl2::evil:

It's fake. There's a similar fake photo of Hillary Clinton, same joke.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-diarrhea-golf-course/

Last edited by Hanafuda,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Certainly sounds like you want the new footage dismissed because it's being shown on Fox, without regard to what it shows.

What it sounds like to you and what I was saying are completely different things. I repeat, again, how many more times do you need? Ffs. Five? Six? More? Stop trying to tell me what I was thinking because I've already made it perfectly clear that you're wrong. Move on and find a new talking point or stfu about it.

• Haha
Reactions: AncientBoi

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
Where's the footage of the hundreds of thousands of peaceful protestors? Because as riots go, this Jan 6th so called riot was a dud. I'm also supposed to care about 1 single riot compared to tens of thousands the "other side" called for and participated in. Go figure...

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What it sounds like to you and what I was saying are completely different things. I repeat, again, how many more times do you need? Ffs. Five? Six? More? Stop trying to tell me what I was thinking because I've already made it perfectly clear that you're wrong. Move on and find a new talking point or stfu about it.

I'm the one saying we should look at all the video evidence and accept what it shows, and you're the one saying any new video, which has only been released now because the Jan 6 committee withheld it from public view, is "stupid."

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where's the footage of the hundreds of thousands of peaceful protestors?
here's one.. that male was only pointing out the cop that was Brutality beaten with the American Flag.

106828932-1611356814485-sabol.jpg

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
thats what GBAtemp.net usuals
Welcome, Brand New Non-Burner account, who's first posts is this..Im sure you are just a gamer that just happened to see this site for the first time and decided to sign up, and not a banned user, who liked to post garbage. and/or a loser who creats burner accounts because you didn't have the Testicular fortitude to post on your main
My sincerest Welcomes to the GBAtemp communities
hey panda, now that you are here, any update on the Twitter is doom stuff you posted last year ?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Only two people died and only 160 police officers were injured and only 420 people (so far) have been found guilty in cases related to the completely peaceful and nonviolent attempt to overthrow the government, so it's really not fair to call it a "violent insurrection". Let's call it "youthful high spirits", shall we? "Boys will be boys."
Anyway Tucker Carlson managed to find five minutes (out of 14,000 hours of footage he was handed over) with hardly any violence in it, so who can say what really happened? It's literally impossible to know.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so who can say what really happened? It's literally impossible to know.
.. Seditious Conspiracy...

Four Oath Keepers Found Guilty of Seditious Conspiracy Related to U.S. Capitol Breach

Oath Keepers member pleads guilty to sedition in U.S. Capitol attack

and that's just the start..... AGIAN.. Those are people who were caught During the Crime.... although painful slow... Pretty sure there are Canaries singing to catch bigger fish... AKA people who plan and organized it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol