iautran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have a Wii (recent version) with the latest firmware that I have hacked 3 weeks ago with Letterbomb, with no problem.

Yesterday I updated the cIOS of Hermes and I launched an old version of USB Loader GX (I had already used it before on this Wii) with an NTFS disk connected.

At the launch of a game my Wii crashed (black screen, remote control not synchronized etc. ...). This often happens when my disk is NTFS and I have to press the power button for 3-4 seconds to shut it down, which I did.

PROBLEM: Now, when I power on my Wii, nothing is being diaplayed on my tv (as if no signal is sent). Controllers are not synchronized.
If I click on the "Eject" button of my Wii, I can see that the reader is making some noise, but still nothing happens on the screen.

I had installed Priiloader but it does not start (I click on RESET, just after clicking POWER, when the Wii is off). I backed up my NAND but I do not know how to restore it if Priiloader is not loading.

If you have any advise, let me know :-/
Thank you

iautran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have tried to hold it too but "nothing".

I precise that I have also tried to hold RESET before clicking on POWER; and to hold RESET right after clicking on POWER; both with no success.

Before the brick, I was able to launch Priiloader :-/

Thank you

iautran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you tell me more about that ? =)

Answer of your "edit" : I didnt test it; I will tonight.
But I am not sure it is related to the issue (if you are thinking that it's a BT problem with my remote control), because I cant enter anymore in PriiLoader and nothing is displayed on my TV.
I have also tried the cables on another Wii and they are working.

Still need help so :-/

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Well, when you do get home, press the power button on your wiimote. If your wii does not turn on then it is the bluetooth module. If your wii does turn on then hopefully you have a nand backup otherwise your wii is probably a full brick and unable to be repaired.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Broken Bluetooth modules pretty much make the Wii cease to function. It won't even boot. So, first test if you can turn it on with the remote, if not, then either:

1) Buy a new module and replace the broken one
2) Trash the Wii
3) Taking the Bluetooth module out of an old Wii and putting it in a new Wii.

iautran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I will try to power on my Wii with my wiimote and see what is happening.

Is it frequent that USB Loader GX bricks the Wii ?
I have heard that some games can use an exploit on USB Loader GX to brick the Wii; is that true ?
Is there any list of those games ?

Thanks

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
iautran said:
Thanks, I will try to power on my Wii with my wiimote and see what is happening.

Is it frequent that USB Loader GX bricks the Wii ? It's not unheard of, there been a number of threads here because of it.
I have heard that some games can use an exploit on USB Loader GX to brick the Wii; is that true ? exploit, no. But, it does seem to happen with certain games
Is there any list of those games ? not that I am aware of.

Thanks

iautran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So,in the future, I should have to use Wiiflow instead ?

Someone can explain me why I wan not able to install Priiloader on boot2; because if I understand correctly, if Priiloader was installed on boot2, I would have been able to restore my NAND, right ?

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
iautran said:
So,in the future, I should have to use Wiiflow instead ? Well this bug only happened in older versions but if you want to be safe then you can use wiiflow or cfg loader

Someone can explain me why I wan not able to install Priiloader on boot2; because if I understand correctly, if Priiloader was installed on boot2, I would have been able to restore my NAND, right ? Priiloader can't be installed on boot2 . I believe you mean bootmii which can only be installed on older wiis . The reason is abit complicated but to make it simple older wii had an exploit where you could boot a wii with a modified boot2 but newer ones won't boot if you do something to the boot2 so you can't install anything on boot2 or you will brick your wii

iautran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using an older version of USB Loader GX (v1.0 r937 on the meta.xml of my apps folder) so perhaps it's because of that ...

I understand better for bootmii on boot2, thank you. So on new Wii, I will never be sure that I can restore my NAND if, like in my situation, the boot2 section is corrupted, right ?

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
iautran said:
I was using an older version of USB Loader GX (v1.0 r937 on the meta.xml of my apps folder) so perhaps it's because of that ...
Yeah all brick where reported happening with v1.0 r9XX so it seems highly likely that it is the cause.
I understand better for bootmii on boot2, thank you. So on new Wii, I will never be sure that I can restore my NAND if, like in my situation, the boot2 section is corrupted, right ?
No boot2 doesn't have anything to do with you since it didn't have bootmii from the beginning. The thing that got corrupted is either the system menu which contains priiloader or the system menu ios priiloader needs. As for being able to restore your NAND with a backup you got ,it might be possible using an infectus or something similar but I never read much about this subject so you will have to wait for someone who knows better to confirm this.

iautran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again.
I dont understand what you said about "No boot2 doesn't have anything to do with you since it didn't have bootmii from the beginning". Does it mean that bootmii was not installed ?

I was thinking that on boot2, it was protected on a very low level and then I would have better chance to be able to restore my NAND.

About the bluetooth module, I was able to power on my Wii with my wiimote... so my Wii is really bricked :-/

##@##!# USB Loader GX ....

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
You seem to keep confusing priiloader & bootmii . Bootmii stay boot2 in a very low level & as long as you have a NAND backup your wii is nearly unbrickable but you said you couldn't instal so you never had it. Priiloader which you had doesn't ever stay in boot2 it stays in the system menu & functions using the system menu ios so if something happens to either of them it stops working & your wii bricks.

iautran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my NAND backup
smile.gif

P.s: About the fact that USB Loader GX is crashing (brick) the Wii; is it related with the fact that my HDD was in NTFS and not in WBFS ?

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
iautran said:
I have my NAND backup
smile.gif

P.s: About the fact that USB Loader GX is crashing (brick) the Wii; is it related with the fact that my HDD was in NTFS and not in WBFS ?
No it was more the fact that you were unlucky & used a really unstable version of it. I googled the issue & the first 5 cases I found had their HDD formatted differently but all used r937 or r938

mrjuandrful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a nand backup then I can fix your wii. If you don't have a nand backup then your wii is a very expensive paperweight.

I'm in a similar situation. I have my nand backup and my wii will not boot but will power up from wii controller. I've tried putting my nand.bin and keys.bin files along with the bootmii folder on sd, but nothing happened. no boot, no video, no sound and my controller never stays connected after I press the power button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf