Hacking I think its time for my Wii to update.

Algernon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had my Wii hacked for almost a year now, and I'm sort of wondering how I go about updating the hacked files on my wii to meet whatever current standards there may be.
I've heard of pimpmywii and I've used it before to update... I just don't outright trust it and I've heard of other people bricking because of it so I'd rather stay away from it.

So I suppose the things I should update are my Wii menu, possibly some IOS files or whatever they're called.

Is there just one solid installer I could use to overwrite all of my outdated files? That would do me well.
Really I just need help updating everything to what's currently being used if anyone would like to assist me in this process.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, please use modmii to (re)hack and update your wii, the thread is sticky
smile.gif

You don't need to use other programs, it will do everything you want.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
choose the first option on modmii and tell ur wii thats its a virgin.
Then it will automatically update all the ioses for u. You probably dont have to reinsall the homebrew channel.

Algernon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything went better than expected. It even seems to run just a bit better as well.

I still get a wiimote disconnect bug on Wario Shake It, but... I always did so I'm guessing it's just my copy.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Lacius said:
Use ModMii to update your Wii's IOS files and whatnot. It will also recommend that you update your system menu to 4.1.

I'm on 4.0U and plan to use Modmii to update IOSs and the system menu. Is 4.1 the best choice and will doing any of this mean I have to reinstall HBC? I trust all hacks and Cios are retained?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
KTroopA said:
I'm on 4.0U and plan to use Modmii to update IOSs and the system menu. Is 4.1 the best choice and will doing any of this mean I have to reinstall HBC? I trust all hacks and Cios are retained?
Just follow modmii, the choices modmii makes are alright, just do what modmii wants to.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
KTroopA said:
Just follow modmii, the choices modmii makes are alright, just do what modmii wants to.

Cool
smile.gif
will update cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck