Hacking I think I'm tired of stealing games.

skylerj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.koopatorivm.com
XP
Country
United States
And it's like I said, your graph is irrelevant to the topic, and irrelevent to answering "some guy's" question: why can't games can't be any cheaper. It's a good question, if you ask me.
It's been observed by me that the growing video game industry, especially among older and more weathy adults, is perhaps one cause of the upward effect on price. Companies might slide the price up and down your "demand curve" in order to try to hit the best demand among those rich adults. But no matter where it lands on the slope it will probably be out of reach for most of you, who I assume are young and virtually pennyless. Your graph does nothing to explain why young people are less and less able to afford video games compared to past years.

But then again, your graphs weren't intended to "explain" anything. They were meant, as you put it yourself, to "show up" someone. I'm sorry, but demonstrating simple concepts with complicated graphs from High School textbooks, and calling people idiots, does not make you smart.

edit:
".. and I will buy your chocolate covered badger for no more than $50. Do we have a deal sir?"
Damn! My hypothedical badger was meant to have no intrinsic value or demand! I have failed. NEVERTHELESS, we have a deal.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Damn! My hypothedical badger was meant to have no intrinsic value or demand! I have failed. NEVERTHELESS, we have a deal.

Sorry buddy, too late, found one cheaper.
Adjust your graph accordingly.
chocobadger.gif

(15 bucks, used, in good condition)

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is ridiculous.....shouldn't take a genius to know the whole why do we have to pay more than 10 cents for a game when the media costs that much....and the fact that people are confused by the graph posted earlier leads me to believe the people posting here are still in junior high and have never used economics or learened about it their whole lives. It's all overhead and different levels of distribution anyways. Using a stupid supply an demand graph doesn't demonstrate anything about the different levels of hiearchy a game goes through before reaching the consumer's hands....hence the price jump @ each level like any product.

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
shit... you guys learned this in highschool / junior? maybe i should go back to school... i'm 20... and all i know is quick cash on the streets... well, not really on the streets but quick cash...

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't think the supply and demand graph should be so... linear. The cost/demand graph is only linear in a relatively small area around a fixed price; go out of bounds and it becomes non-linear. Curvy. Hence the name. Supply/demand curve.

And speaking of supply and demand...
rofl2.gif

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Hi does anyone remember me? This topic certainly has gone off on a tangent!

Well, I've done it, I've tracked down a copy of Lost in Blue and Phoenix Wright! They're both sitting nicely next to my stack of real DS games. I've even preordered Phoenix Wright 2! Indeed. I think this was a good choice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: