Hacking I think I bricked my 3ds need help.

kwii626

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys! I've been following the plailect guide on installing arm9loader and luma cfw. I've gotten to installing arm9 section 4 and that is when my 3ds gets stuck. Everytime I restart the 3ds nothing loads up. I can however load into odin restore and luma cfw config by holding either start or select but I cannot boot my 3ds regularly. When i take out the memory card my 3ds powers on and instantly shuts off. I'm on an old 3ds xl fw 4.2u. Any help would be appreciated thank you!

kwii626

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i put luma's arm9 and not the arm9 that came with safearm9. My settings in luma config are autoboot sysnand, use sysnand firm, show nand or user string, show gba boot screen.

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi kwii626,

a little question on the side. Have you once downgraded your 3ds with gateway? It sounds a bit.
In the FAQ its written, that you have to 'clean' system titles. Give it a try.

Regards
sweatbox

kwii626

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello sweatbox,

Yes I actually did downgrade from 9.2 to 4.2 for a very old cfw. I believe it was palpatine or something to that effect. I tried that section of the FAQ and could not find the loader process or svcbreak. I do have a crash dump file but it seems I cannot upload it through gbatemps. On a side note, I guess the guide was recently updated as I was on luma 6.3.1 and now there seems to be new instructions with luma 6.5.1. I just tried putting that in and it is now asking me for the crt 2.1 firmware. Problem is I followed the old guide to the section where I just restored my sysnand with the nandmin so I am no longer on that FW. Now I have no idea what to do.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello sweatbox,

Yes I actually did downgrade from 9.2 to 4.2 for a very old cfw. I believe it was palpatine or something to that effect. I tried that section of the FAQ and could not find the loader process or svcbreak. I do have a crash dump file but it seems I cannot upload it through gbatemps. On a side note, I guess the guide was recently updated as I was on luma 6.3.1 and now there seems to be new instructions with luma 6.5.1. I just tried putting that in and it is now asking me for the crt 2.1 firmware. Problem is I followed the old guide to the section where I just restored my sysnand with the nandmin so I am no longer on that FW. Now I have no idea what to do.
You already have A9LH install, correct? Then launch Decrypt9 on boot and then do a 9.2 CTR-Transfer.
After that you can update normally via System Settings.

This is the page you need: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer

kwii626

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment, I can only go into either Luma CFW Config or hourglass9. Everytime I turn on my 3ds without pressing either select or start it doesn't boot.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
At the moment, I can only go into either Luma CFW Config or hourglass9. Everytime I turn on my 3ds without pressing either select or start it doesn't boot.
To use Decrypt9 for @cravas's suggestion you need to download it, put the bin file in luma/payloads, and rename it up_decrypt9.bin or similar (some button that isn't being used already). Then hold that button on boot to launch Decrypt9.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock