Hacking I screwed up a hack please help

Feonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i finally decided to hack my wii only to have made 1 mistake and now i don't know what to do....

I was following the guide and did everything right up until (https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/trucha) step 5. When it was almost done installing it asked me if I was a pirate or if i am not....very stupidly i thought it was asking as if "well duh if ur doing this you are pirating games....which i have not.

So i click it and the screen then tells me it deleted an important part and when i tried to rerun it told me "good luck try something else this won't work pirate."

Anyway, i also then realized that i misunderstood the back up of the NAND wrong and didn't do a back up until after i had already made the mistake of saying i was a pirate....

Is there anyway to fix this?

loco365

Trophies
XP
Delete the installer from the SD card (In the APPS directory) and re-copy it. Then run it again. Simple as that. And it doesn't actually do anything to the system. It just saves some kind of check to the SD card.

Don't worry- I did the same thing myself.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As everybody else will do, I advice to use modmii to hack your wii. A lot of other tutorials on the net are outdated and unsafe.
I am not saying the one you are following is outdated and unsafe, I am just providing the method upon which people will be able
to give you support (but you probably won't need it), as most use it.

Feonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TeamFail: So all i would need to do is delete the IOS236 Installer v3 MOD from the SD card, then - Re-unzip it to the SD card and rerun it and it should do it with no problem?

@obcd: so all i would need to do is follow this tutorial? http://gbatemp.net/topic/207126-modmii-for-windows/

Feonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xflak @Darkstriker @obcd @team Fail

So i put in an original disk and was then able to reinstall the IOS236 installer with no issue

I then tried to run a backup copy of SSBB that a friend gave me to see if backup copies would work. When i put the disk in i got a wii error message saying files were corrupted and the game would not run and i had to crash the wii in order to reset it

I downloaded and ran the modmii but it crashed on download 20 (the usb loader download) three times in a row, I will try downloading it and running it again at work tomorrow to see if it will work from there...

any ideas?

Feonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i ran modmii at work just now, it ran fine I am going to try to run it all (following the instructions) tonight on my wii.

Is there any guide to explain how to use the USB loader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: if you can afford 2 then you certainly ain't trying to be on budget