"I Quit! The dream is dead." Behind the screens of rage.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think mine was a save on Harvest Moon DS that I spent like.. two actual years on as a kid, that game is full of bugs and long story short my save data got corrupted. Broke my little 10yo heart, a little bit more than when my dear wife Celia (who is like low tier now compared to Muffy) got killed or something.

Though everyone is talking about phones now it seems.
Well most people have problems with phones a lot. But is about any common use for your life malfunction to be honest, games, cars, memory cards, computers, hair trimmers, hot combs, etc.

for instance. my laptop fan seem to work whenever it feels like it. when it doesn't is just like a xbox, turns off when it gets too hot. It also sounds like a car engine when is on.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
My beloved N64 isn't giving video output. It did after a lot of fiddling but there's still a loose contact somewhere. And the games are having trouble being read. Guess I have to clean the contacts. I just shelved it in disappointment. :(

For years it's been in its original box in the original plastic bags and there's no dust on it. Was sure it would work perfect. :(

Last edited by bowser,

KineticSonata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez, so many times I've lost data....

My very first FF7 file got overwritten by a friend of mine that came over for a sleepover. Maxed out game clock and all Master Materia :(

My FF Tactics Advance for the GBA was accidentally sold by my mom in a yard sale for like 2 dollars. I had a full party with completely maxed out classes. At least 300 hours :( :(

I had a RPG Maker file on my PS1 that had over 500 hours or work on it. Really awesome game that paralleled my D&D exploits with my campaign friends. One memory card stopped working. I've never even loaded that game up since :( :( :(

Y'all are getting me in my feels. I need something positive...

I dug up my old copy of Shining Force 2 and popped her in to my Sega. Save data still there. Feeling better already :)

Reactions: BORTZ

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez, so many times I've lost data....

My very first FF7 file got overwritten by a friend of mine that came over for a sleepover. Maxed out game clock and all Master Materia :(

My FF Tactics Advance for the GBA was accidentally sold by my mom in a yard sale for like 2 dollars. I had a full party with completely maxed out classes. At least 300 hours :( :(

I had a RPG Maker file on my PS1 that had over 500 hours or work on it. Really awesome game that paralleled my D&D exploits with my campaign friends. One memory card stopped working. I've never even loaded that game up since :( :( :(

Y'all are getting me in my feels. I need something positive...

I dug up my old copy of Shining Force 2 and popped her in to my Sega. Save data still there. Feeling better already :)

now i wonder when sega will make a new shining force game. :unsure:

Reactions: KineticSonata

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One day I was out and about with the fiancee. She asked for the time so I pulled my phone out to check. There was a weird notification in my system tray letting me know I had no card of some kind. I also had no service. "Oh" I thought, "my SIM card must have come loose somehow." Luckily we were in Jo Ann Fabrics, so I hunted around for a pin to open my SIM/MicroSD tray. Popped it out and inspected the cards. Both looked fine, so I powered off my phone and inserted the cards. Booted the phone back up (with the SIM inside) and the phone gave me the tutorial "enter you SIM card" screen. That's when I started to worry.

So I took a trip to verizon to get a new card. New card didnt fix anything. Diagnosis is that my phone's SIM bay kicked it suddenly.

RIP my white Droid RAZR HD. You were my favorite.

My previously owned Note4 (Verizon) died the same way how coincidental. my Sim card reader just stopped working as well. one night I was tethered to my pc and it wouldn't let me connect to a game server I normally play (sucky Internet i use my Verizon Hotspot it is faster xD) so I look at my phone and notice my 4glte symbol was not working so I take out the Sim put it back and same thing. took it to Verizon got a new refurbished Note4 sent in the mail. when it arrived the phone had a defect. the back button on the phone was loose and wasn't held down by the adhesive so the screen would move when i press it and the LED light would shine through the corner of my phone screen... hard to explain. so I went back the next day and had another one ordered but not until after I had to convince the guy it was messed up. waited 5min without touching my phone so the adhesive would let go of the screen cause if you previously pressed the back button it was a temp fix but it would stick only for like 5min or so and no light would be seen. he then took it in the darker room in back to look and he finally saw what I was talking about...guess I wasn't crazy like he thought psssh (got another refurb for free I was within warranty of 1yr) finally I recieved my 3rd Note4 refurb and have been using it ever since. it's what I'm typing this message on.

Last edited by [^Blark^], , Reason: Edit: fixed it mybad.... lol :p
Reactions: BORTZ

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now i wonder when sega will make a new shining force game. :unsure:
Not to drag this off topic but I have beaten the first one over 10 times now. The first time I played I didn't understand the whole "your whole party hinges on your main character surviving (see, just like this thread's theme :P ) or you lose the battle" idea. So I didn't use him much and payed dearly late game. I made it to the 3 magic heads battle, thats the one 3 battles before the end of the game. I couldnt do it so I quit. Since then I have rocked that game many times over. I haven't been able to play 2 despite owning it on multiple systems.

That fucking land bridge battle with the laser eye... talk about losing something precious.

Reactions: KineticSonata

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shining force is a nice game, but can't say the same about shining in the darkness, so much like a first person dungeon crawler reminds me of phantasy star on sega master system. Since i have sonic ultimate genesis collection on playstation 3 i can always play it, but those games are not easy!

i never beat any of the phantasy star games, i repeatedly lost save data across multiple platforms, and the slow pace of the game is very boring, repeating as well as confusing and easy to get lost and die.

joyoshi

ICUP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My original DS. I literally cried when the top screen stopped working. Also, another one, left my backpack with DS lite, DSi and all my games at a random bus stop on accident. Never got them back.

Crusylicious

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was out in the garage talking to my grandpa when lightning struck. It was loud, VERY loud. My best friend came out and said the internet was out and that he had got shocked through his laptop. When I went back in I found that it fried my modem, router, and my PC (via the ethernet cables). I had a backup modem and router, but no PC and so I basically wasted away doing nothing but watching netflix on my ps3 for a couple months. I was truly defeated.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my gaming PC up and running and suddenly everything is just hitching, the mouse is acting all screwy, see my disk usage in task manager shoot way up. Get a cracked copy of HD Tune Pro and find out I have a "pending/unstable sector." All hope is lost.

...Or is it? I download the free trial of HDD Regenerator, which is limited to moving 1 bad sector, but that's all I need. Created a boot drive with it and ran it, now everything works fine! I can even run Far Cry 4 without mouse hitching and the game stuttering!

Just a little happy ending to offset all the broken dreams.

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
My original DS. I literally cried when the top screen stopped working. Also, another one, left my backpack with DS lite, DSi and all my games at a random bus stop on accident. Never got them back.
I lost two DS Lites in the same fashion. I lost the first one by leaving on a train when I was travelling in Japan with my parents, the second (few years later) one was gone because I left it on a cab with my side bag, I clocked in at least hundreds of hours of Pokemon on the first one:(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post tbh