Hacking I plan to buy a RGH'd Xbox 360,anything i should know?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, if you boot homebrew with your Live profile, MS can detect it.
Obviously, getting achievements from the SNES emu on your Live profile is the dumbest thing you can do.
Even signing in FSD/Aurora leaves traces on your live profile.

And yes, if you connect to the XBL server with the hacked side, MS can and will ban your KV.

Reactions: atlboyz_247

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if ur using a dual-boot, u have to take precautions like the above. I don't know y the people who made say snes emulator added achievements to it. there's one achivement for just fast-forwarding a game. that's a major red flag.

atlboyz_247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is is that you must have your RGH RGH'd at all times.
You can't inject a different KV and then remove the RGH later on.

You can also play on LiNK.
It's a safe syslink multiplay community.

I've made a tutorial about setting up a hacked 360 here.
Just use live the live CD to pull off xex menu and download updated versions of applications on homebrew-connection.org
Updating it, here.

I'd personally pick a 1 TB 2.5 inch internal HDD.
Much cleaner and quicker then USB.

Dualboot is possible but costly.
You do need two harddrives then (one for homebrew, one for legit) or play everything from a USB drive (legit) and the homebrew from the HDD>

Ah, I see (I hope), so changing a KV makes using the console unusable if I were to uninstall RGH?

Thanks for the links, they're more than appreciated.

With a internal HDD swap, I just swap the HDD supplied by MS with a Laptop drive I purchase online right? Any weird formatting I should be expecting? Maybe a external USB formatting before I install it as in internal drive?

I see, I guess I'll ditch the dream of having one 360 for both needs, nonetheless, this isn't important as I have a legit 360 to use anyways.

Well, if you boot homebrew with your Live profile, MS can detect it.
Obviously, getting achievements from the SNES emu on your Live profile is the dumbest thing you can do.
Even signing in FSD/Aurora leaves traces on your live profile.

And yes, if you connect to the XBL server with the hacked side, MS can and will ban your KV.
if ur using a dual-boot, u have to take precautions like the above. I don't know y the people who made say snes emulator added achievements to it. there's one achivement for just fast-forwarding a game. that's a major red flag.

Ah, I see. So if I were to use my RGH console, I shouldn't use my primary profile with the sure chance that unsigned software will pretty much kill my Live profile and KV (It'd be a safe bet to say that the previous owner probably already got the original KV banned). That would only be a problem if I connected the console online? Local profiles should be fine, right?

Last edited by atlboyz_247,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
files known as xgp (think that's the name) r installed to the profile whenever u boot up a game for the first time. afaik, normal games won't red flag u. things like emulators will though. I personally wouldn't buy a dual boot just in case something happens. u should just accept not being able to sign into xbl. microsoft has their stuff together far more than sony does in this area.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xebuild gui will tell u if u load a NAND backup. before, u'd have to open the console. now, it's very easy to do. motherboard, rgh or smc type, etc can be determined by the backup.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd personally just stick with being offline.
If you really want to pirate games and be online, get an Xkey.
Much less risky.

But yeh, XeBuild will detect what type of hack you got.

Reactions: Azel

atlboyz_247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got the RGH Console. It has XeXMenu 1.2 on it currently. But it seems that every disk I try to load on the console reads as a DVD. i read on a forum post that when the KV is changed that the DVD key no longer matches, so I'd have to use XELL to get the key and replace it using JungleFlasher, I've flashed a 360 before, and that usually means that I'd need to attach the DVD Drive to the PC using hardware in order to fix this, right? Is there an alternative to get this fixed up?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I just got the RGH Console. It has XeXMenu 1.2 on it currently. But it seems that every disk I try to load on the console reads as a DVD. i read on a forum post that when the KV is changed that the DVD key no longer matches, so I'd have to use XELL to get the key and replace it using JungleFlasher, I've flashed a 360 before, and that usually means that I'd need to attach the DVD Drive to the PC using hardware in order to fix this, right? Is there an alternative to get this fixed up?

Yeah, the dvd key is in the keyvault, so new kv, new dvd key. Unless the seller put a pre-banned keyvault in it for some reason (normally only done on dual nand as extra security), it seems strange it would not have it's original.

Are they all backups you are trying or original discs as well? Backups that were made for a flashed drive won't work on a rgh without flashing the drive as well.

atlboyz_247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the dvd key is in the keyvault, so new kv, new dvd key. Unless the seller put a pre-banned keyvault in it for some reason (normally only done on dual nand as extra security), it seems strange it would not have it's original.

Are they all backups you are trying or original discs as well? Backups that were made for a flashed drive won't work on a rgh without flashing the drive as well.

I'm trying to put in my Original 360 games in the 360 to back them up, but it's not detecting them as anything other than DVDs. I've tried 3 different games.

How do I inject the DVD Key from Xell into my NAND? The last owner didn't supply me the Original Nand backup. (I saw somewhere online that an Original Nand can be forged, how does one do this?)

UPDATE: So I'm starting to understand the RGH setup more now, but I don't know what directories have been tampered with and which haven't...is there a way to check and see which files should naturally be in the console and which was put in by the last user? Some folders I saw on the root via FileZilla seem to be user generated, but I can't tell? Nothing should be wrong with the Flash, OnBoardMU, or SysExt directories on the root, right? If I mess with those, I'm guessing I'll have a bricked console?

Then there's the Game, Hdd1, and Hddx directories. Since I'm using FileZilla to FTP into the console via Freestyle 3 and I didn't see the 'Game' directory in XeXMenu 1.2, is this supposed to be on the root? There a similarly named directory on the Hdd1 folder that definitely was put there by the last owner, but I'm not sure if both of the folders are separate and if one can be deleted.

There's a NiNJA menu when I use the Home button, is this recommended to keep? Is there a better alternative to this menu? Where are these files stored (and can they be moved to be better recognized and possible easily removed in the long run?)?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
post a pic of the directory listing. we'll be able to tell u what should be there and what shouldn't. hdd1 is the internal hdd, hddx is the xbox original emulator.

atlboyz_247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I backed up my NAND onto a flash drive and loaded it onto JRunner and made sure the latest dash was on there, but it seems that the DVDKey and CPUKey are actually the same as the ones I saw in XELL, so does that mean my DVD drive is broken? It shouldn't be since it's reading the games as DVDs right? I have a PLDS DG-16D4S 0401 drive just in case that helps anyone identify some wrong that I haven't noticed.

atlboyz_247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the 360 actually boot the disc or does it do nothing?

One of the my Original 360 disks booted a screen suggesting to put the disk in an Xbox 360 to play the game, and another original just went to a xbox 360 splash screen, just to make sure that the drive works, I tested a DVD too an it ran the movie just fine.'

UPDATE: I flashed a NAND from JRunner with the nofcrt patch checked and unchecked as that was mentioned around online, and that didn't seem to work either. I double checked that the DVD key from XELL was the one I was reading from the KV on JRunner, and they're the same.

Could it have something to do with a dummy.bin file and the DVD drive itself? I don't have a hardware solution to actually try to apply this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson