Homebrew I need help with my homebrew wii...

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flash drives seem to freeze a lot. If you have one that your Wii can read they're ok for loading games but quite often they will cause freezes while writing.

turns2ashes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.paperanchorphoto.com
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking I'm going to need to abandon the USB thumb drive. It loads maybe one out of every five times. If I put it all on a USB three external hard drive, will that matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking I'm going to need to abandon the USB thumb drive. It loads maybe one out of every five times. If I put it all on a USB three external hard drive, will that matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, since the wii uses 2.0 only, and it needs to be on port 0:
images_Gq7Et4H.jpeg

If you are using alt version of the cios d2x, then they need to be on port1.

turns2ashes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.paperanchorphoto.com
XP
Country
United States
Here’s a list of what I’ve done.

I have homebrew working just fine with NES and SNES emulators.

Per ModMii-

installed a patched IOS236

Install Priiloader

Loaded Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) and installed WADs

ran the USB-Loader Setup through Modmii

Installed D2X V6

*When attempting Hermes, I select IOS37 and it seems to freeze. (Is that normal?)*

Ran Config USB Downloader from wii and it takes me to a blue CFG screen and disconnects wii controller while doing nothing else.

FYI:

WBFS folder in Root

Game named folder in WBFS folder

GameXXXX.wbfs inside that folder

USB is plugged into port closest to edge of wii

Where did I go wrong?

turns2ashes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.paperanchorphoto.com
XP
Country
United States
What's interesting is when it's done running syscheck, it says it cannot open the file (whatever file that is) and gives me the chance to open the report anyway. I took photos to post on here but maybe that's a sign I did something wrong?

9d9883a4dfe82dddd5dc0c4af9fe380a.jpg
de31ad6d68e9c42e96f47f6f11b03c9b.jpg
cd90eb0d2c82e1cfd3bc041a029abbc1.jpg
42d0ad2866c77b814e2b24bef0e0b0e9.jpg
b57d6b4dcab34785c95e812b0f024015.jpg

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It tries to write a file to the SD or USB root called "syscheck.csv" when it's done. That means it can't write to the drive.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of flash drives fail when writing on the Wii. USB 3 should work, the controller will just run in 2.0 mode.

Only one game Nintendo published (Dragon Quest X) was intended to be used with a flash drive and it has its own IOS bundled on the disc (IOS59). My guess is the USB stack on the other IOSes were only designed to handle HID controllers like microphones, cameras, etc.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's interesting is when it's done running syscheck, it says it cannot open the file (whatever file that is) and gives me the chance to open the report anyway. I took photos to post on here but maybe that's a sign I did something wrong?

9d9883a4dfe82dddd5dc0c4af9fe380a.jpg
de31ad6d68e9c42e96f47f6f11b03c9b.jpg
cd90eb0d2c82e1cfd3bc041a029abbc1.jpg
42d0ad2866c77b814e2b24bef0e0b0e9.jpg
b57d6b4dcab34785c95e812b0f024015.jpg
Your cIOS are alright, then its probably the naming convention, or the drive now formatted correctly, on the wii softmod side, everything is correct.
Dont run any USB setup, just try:
Usb Loader GX: https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/latest/download
Open WiiFlow: https://storage.googleapis.com/goog...v2/code.google.com/wiiflow/WiiFlow v4.2.1.zip
CFG USB Loader Mod: https://storage.googleapis.com/goog...ode.google.com/cfg-loader-mod/cfg70MODr65.dol

The last one, you must rename cfg70MODr65.dol to boot.dol and crate a folder in your apps directory, as example SD:/apps/CFG Usb Loader/boot.dol

turns2ashes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.paperanchorphoto.com
XP
Country
United States
Your cIOS are alright, then its probably the naming convention, or the drive now formatted correctly, on the wii softmod side, everything is correct.
Dont run any USB setup, just try:
Usb Loader GX: https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/latest/download
Open WiiFlow: https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/wiiflow/WiiFlow v4.2.1.zip
CFG USB Loader Mod: https://storage.googleapis.com/goog...ode.google.com/cfg-loader-mod/cfg70MODr65.dol

The last one, you must rename cfg70MODr65.dol to boot.dol and crate a folder in your apps directory, as example SD:/apps/CFG Usb Loader/boot.dol

So download the first two and place them in the root or in apps?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Breathes Heavy*

Apps should be on APPS folder, this are basic concepts on the wii area... which means if its a boot.dol they need to be on their app folder, inside the app folder, therefore:
SD:/Apps/nameoftheapp/boot.dol
OR
USB:/Apps/nameoftheapp/boot.dol

So any app that you download that does not follow that guideline, you need to move it yourseld, let say you download a folder that contains boot.dol and a xml and a png file. named Application1.

Then it needs to be here:
SD:/Apps/Application1/boot.dol
OR
USB:/Apps/Application1/boot.dol

Come on, this is not that hard, or is it: :/

turns2ashes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.paperanchorphoto.com
XP
Country
United States
USB LOADER GX works! it sees the two games i put on the hard drive! wow, i feel like an idiot. Am i allowed to delete the other Priiloader, MM manager, any of the installers or patchers from this menu?

and in reference to gamecube games," /games/ " is this related to how i have "F:/fceugx/roms"?

I owe you so much. i appreciate all the time you took to help me. i really do.

Last edited by turns2ashes,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure: