Homebrew I installed HaxChi.. now what?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using CBHC since it came out, and never had a problem with it, fix94 even built in protection against erasing cbhc. I've never heard of anybody messing up there console with cbhc, as long as you follow the directions and don't try to move your specific dsvc that it is installed to around.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The issue i have with CBHC is that yeah its safe and all. But in 6 months i'll have forgotten about it. If i then format my wii u or something like that it's bricked. That's why i'm just using haxchi. It's not cause CHBC is unsafe, it's cause i just don't wanna risk it. Plus running haxchi only takes 20 seconds or less so its not really an issue for me.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The issue i have with CBHC is that yeah its safe and all. But in 6 months i'll have forgotten about it. If i then format my wii u or something like that it's bricked. That's why i'm just using haxchi. It's not cause CHBC is unsafe, it's cause i just don't wanna risk it. Plus running haxchi only takes 20 seconds or less so its not really an issue for me.
why would anyone randomy format a wiiu?. srs i never ever foramted a console becuase no need lol, if you need space you can delete stuff manualy no need for format at all lol.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
why would anyone randomy format a wiiu?. srs i never ever foramted a console becuase no need lol, if you need space you can delete stuff manualy no need for format at all lol.
For reselling it for one thing. But it's not just formatting, removing your NNID has the same effect IIRC.

Last edited by dimmidice,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
For reselling it for one thing. But it's not just formatting, removing your NNID has the same effect IIRC.
you cant forget cbhc sine when you turn on the console you see the autobooting message and you will remenber and lets be honest in like 3-5 years nintendo will shutdown the wiiu network so you will never be able to connect to the nnid to make a new one so you will never brick by that :P

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you cant forget cbhc sine when you turn on the console you see the autobooting message and you will remenber and lets be honest in like 3-5 years nintendo will shutdown the wiiu network so you will never be able to connect to the nnid to make a new one so you will never brick by that :P
Yet it's my decision. Don't force it on people.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yet it's my decision. Don't force it on people.
i dont force it to anyone, i jsut hate seeing people discouraging cbhc becuase they fell everyone is randomly gonna format their console, i installed cbhc becuase it ough in lke 4 years i would want to play my injects and if sigpatches werent on boot i would forgot how to enable sigpatches :P

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i dont force it to anyone, i jsut hate seeing people discouraging cbhc becuase they fell everyone is randomly gonna format their console, i installed cbhc becuase it ough in lke 4 years i would want to play my injects and if sigpatches werent on boot i would forgot how to enable sigpatches :P
Bollocks.

D

Deleted User

Bollocks.
There's something called "DM" here. Use it and stop derailing this thread even further.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Bollocks.

That's funny! What is the more dangerous situation, if, in like four years, you forgot how this stuff works? Forgetting what NOT to do if you're under CBHC, or forgetting how to run HAXCHI's CFW, until you remember it's just pressing the haxchi icon?:P

Reactions: dimmidice

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's funny! What is the more dangerous situation, if, in like four years, you forgot how this stuff works? Forgetting what NOT to do if you're under CBHC, or forgetting how to run HAXCHI's CFW, until you remember it's just pressing the haxchi icon?:P
i dont see any dangerous thing in cbhc becuase like i said i never ever formated a console and i will never do it anyway, same for unlinking nnid becuase why bother? tbh up to this day i never met anyone that even formated a console. And when nintendo drops wiiu network wich wont take long even if you unlink the nnid since you cannot link a new one it will never brick becuase of unlinking nnid, its confirmed it only brick when you link a new nnid not when unlinking incase you didnt know. So yeah for me its 100% safe same for most users i would beleive over 99% of the people who own a wiiu will never format it.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CBHC, like Haxchi are fully uninstallable, what cbhc does is write some extra stuff in the system xml. it saves an extra copy of your original xml and it can be restored by uninstalling cbhc.

Maid_Nanashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back guise, I had a issue trying to install legit games DLC and Custom VC titles, I ended up using Mocha to install them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't risk putting CBHax on my wiiU becuz I have kids around...and you know how careless they can be

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD