Hacking I have a 2.1.1-4E 3DS. What can I do with it?

Efeverscente

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And when I try to cart upgrade, how will it be? I simply turn on the 3DS with the appropiate game, open it, and it authomatically upgrades?

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And when I try to cart upgrade, how will it be? I simply turn on the 3DS with the appropiate game, open it, and it authomatically upgrades?
When you boot the card in your 3ds and try to launch it, it will say that the game needs to be at a certain firmware and it will say the firmware that it needs. If you click "a", your 3ds will update to that firmware.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You should probbaly update via CIAs instead if you are able to boot Gateway mode on it. You have a really old TWL_FIRM (with only 1.0 launch fw having one older then yours) and it would benefit you DS flashcart wise if you update via CIA and exclude the update for TWL_FIRM and DS Cart White list. That's what I would do anyways. :P

Hell, if I ever got my hands on a 1.0 console, I'd have it nand modded so I can eventually decrypt that 1.0 nand image so I can boot it as emunand. Then update that sucker to 9.2 via CIAs while keeping original TWL_FIRM and DS Cart White list untouched. I'd pretty much have the best there is in terms of DS flashcart compatiblity. Anything that worked on 1.0 would work on 9.2 this way and perhaps a few more if I were to "break" the DS Cart White list by installing one with a spoofed version string.

If you don't own any DS flashcarts that were blocked in 4.x. Then I guess it doesn't matter for you. :P

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You should probbaly update via CIAs instead if you are able to boot Gateway mode on it. You have a really old TWL_FIRM (with only 1.0 launch fw having one older then yours) and it would benefit you DS flashcart wise if you update via CIA and exclude the update for TWL_FIRM and DS Cart White list. That's what I would do anyways. :P

Hell, if I ever got my hands on a 1.0 console, I'd have it nand modded so I can eventually decrypt that 1.0 nand image so I can boot it as emunand. Then update that sucker to 9.2 via CIAs while keeping original TWL_FIRM and DS Cart White list untouched. I'd pretty much have the best there is in terms of DS flashcart compatiblity. Anything that worked on 1.0 would work on 9.2 this way and perhaps a few more if I were to "break" the DS Cart White list by installing one with a spoofed version string.

If you don't own any DS flashcarts that were blocked in 4.x. Then I guess it doesn't matter for you. :P
Gateway mode probably won't boot on 2.1, the spider exploit theoretically supports 2.0-9.2 but that's assuming he already has the browser and I heard the GW launcher doesn't support firmware below 4.x. That might be wrong though, it won't hurt to try at least.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The idea is to save 2.1 as a backup and use that as emunand while updating sysnand to 4.x. Boot 1.0 emunand and install CIAs to update to 9.2. Of coarse you need to find a way of fixing the firm0/firm1 partitions as they need to be fixed before being used on sysnand. (rxTools and an existing firm0/firm1 dump from a working 9.2 image is the currently public method of doing this) You'd probably have better luck that way. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3