Hacking I found a r4i gold 3ds rts card, but is it legit ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi Jdbye thank you for the reply ! I do have another already hacked 3ds so I'll try to do the multiple system method, sorry for the newbie question but how exactly do I dump my own flashcart firmware and restore it later if it gets bricked ? Is there a program to this ? Or the ntrboothax installation process already has it ? And are they any video guides to do the multifamily ntrboothax method cause I only found the single console ntrboothax method. Thanks again Jdbye !
Use the ntrboot multi system method in 3ds.guide, it will guide you through it. The backup instructions are in there.
Don't use a video guide. Only use http://3ds.guide
Video guides get outdated almost instantly.

Reactions: sirben

sirben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Use the ntrboot multi system method in 3ds.guide, it will guide you through it. The backup instructions are in there.
Don't use a video guide. Only use http://3ds.guide
Video guides get outdated almost instantly.
Hi thank you so much for the info Jdbye I seriously appreciate it ! I just wanted ask one more question, what if my card was somehow a fake/counterfeit ? Will I also be able to restore the card if it somehow gets bricked?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi thank you so much for the info Jdbye I seriously appreciate it ! I just wanted ask one more question, what if my card was somehow a fake/counterfeit ? Will I also be able to restore the card if it somehow gets bricked?
i have not done it myself but i am 95% sure there would be no way to recover the fake flashcard (unless it gains bootntr compatibility in the future)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not sure. But I don't think you need to worry about that, there aren't a lot of R4i Gold fakes.

Reactions: sirben and wormdood

sirben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi Guys I just wanted to let you all know the r4i Card WORKED !! I have successfully Modded My little brothers new 3ds xl and it now has cfw. Thank you all for the help,I can't thank you all enough !! :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

PCB is "printed circuit board". it's the actual card itself, the bit with the pins on it that sits inside the plastic shell. Sometimes there is a code printed on the exposed part of the pcb above the pins, usually to mark what version the card is (like how there are different models of pcb for the gateway blue card, even though they all count as the same card)

It was just as suggestion and there might not actually be anything like that on the r4i gold card. But if cards are commonly faked then the makers of the original might add codes and checks to tell you if the card you bought is real or not. Acekard2i did this with the later revision of their card because people started selling fake acekard2i's.

Here's a look at the pcb's for a few different r4i cards (I don't think these are the 3ds version, but just an example). Something like the white text on the blue pcb is what I wasw talking about (it would be visible even wit the plastic shell on.
10916207-comparison-r4i-ultra-and-r4i-gold-2.jpg
I believe this one is the pcb for an r4i gold 3ds rts
R4IDSCN-Chip.jpg

It's most likely legit, but just thought I'd give you a bit more info on pcb's and how you can identify them. If you buy that card then when you get it you should be able to see the small "C" in the bottom right when you flip it over and look at the back.

Kinda. There was an update where you had to cut wires for non-RTS Revision C cards in order to make them run on 6.1 or something. Revision D fixed it (and later became C RTS). It should be updateable for the latest FW (if it doesn't work with it out of the box).

Not sure. But I don't think you need to worry about that, there aren't a lot of R4i Gold fakes.

Especially to Rasa39,Technicmaster0, and The Real Jdbye. You guys are truly the best ! :yay:

Last edited by sirben,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.