cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I was annoyed to reload it
how i did it can be done? does the battery get damaged?
You're concerned about charging the controller and using it at the same time?
If so, nothing to worry about. It's perfectly supported.

You can connect the DS4 controller via usb to the console (of course) and use it non-wirelessly, and it will charge fine.

(Sony could/would have disabled the controller functionality when it's charging, if it was a problem.)

Reactions: Leeful

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was annoyed to reload it
how i did it can be done? does the battery get damaged?
No battery lasts forever. Eventually it will need to be replaced but how long that will be depends on the battery itself. General rule of thumb, keep it plugged in till it is fully charged then unplug it until it goes dead and repeat.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing to worry about. I sometimes use the gamepad for the wiiu, and it's plugged into my pc at the time. it's fine to the console itself as well, just make sure you don't have an unpowered hdd or unpowered usb hub plugged in with more than one device. it could damage the stuff it's plugged into. single devices, no worries.

Horizon0D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nothing to worry about. I sometimes use the gamepad for the wiiu, and it's plugged into my pc at the time. it's fine to the console itself as well, just make sure you don't have an unpowered hdd or unpowered usb hub plugged in with more than one device. it could damage the stuff it's plugged into. single devices, no worries.
I recharged it with the powerbank, I don't recharge it with the ps4
Post automatically merged:

You're concerned about charging the controller and using it at the same time?
If so, nothing to worry about. It's perfectly supported.

You can connect the DS4 controller via usb to the console (of course) and use it non-wirelessly, and it will charge fine.

(Sony could/would have disabled the controller functionality when it's charging, if it was a problem.)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually playing while charging my ds4 with phone charger

I use 1A though since max A from DS4 is 800mA
I don't play the ps4 anymore, but I have a that two controller cradle for ps5 controllers. I don't play with a cable plugged in, because I'm afraid of tripping over the cable or something. lol the only controllers I'm afraid of charging without an official cable are the switch ones, especially the switch itself.

Reactions: fringle

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't play the ps4 anymore, but I have a that two controller cradle for ps5 controllers. I don't play with a cable plugged in, because I'm afraid of tripping over the cable or something. lol the only controllers I'm afraid of charging without an official cable are the switch ones, especially the switch itself.
Yes, I feel like that's the reason my kids switch no longer outputs video from the dock. Only thing I can think of that would have caused it other than the sx dongle as nothing else was ever plugged into it. Unless the video filters randomly short out or die on their own which I guess is also possible but not likely or there would be a lot more of them dead.

Reactions: godreborn

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to use a PS4 to charge DS4 controllers, you can use a PC for that if you have. Or the official Sony AC PS3/PS4 charger.

I read that using unsuitable methods of charging could ruin the battery faster for DualShock 4 controllers.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Post automatically merged:

Same shit, different smell.
It works all the same.
As long as you connect it to something that truly follows the USB spec it will charge without side effects.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c