i feel pissed i lost 3-4 hours work today

rest0re

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i was at school writing for my "work report" or how did i complete this one work i did at school. well i pulled usb stick out too early from mac and damn.. i lost the file. i was really pissed .. geez this sucks

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was at school writing for my "work report" or how did i complete this one work i did at school. well i pulled usb stick out too early from mac and damn.. i lost the file. i was really pissed .. geez this sucks

Thats a mac! (jk
tongue.gif
)

Re write what you had right now, while it is still fresh, and do it fast!! That really sucks tho, i always save a copy on the computer AND my usb drive..

Sorry for your loss
hate2.gif

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Daamn dude i've kindof had the same experience of working on something for about 2-3 hours then losing it completely and having to start over from scratch...and it felt like shit
wink2.gif
But yaknow you just gotta know that shit happens and ya gotta keep on walking yaknow
wink.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Awww. Work from the hard drive next time, copying the file across to USB in Explorer every now and then
smile.gif
(that being said I'm thinking of when removeable media = floppy disks. Those MSWord temporary files were a nightmare on those)

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
man.. I remember when my teacher deleted my whole account on the school computers, she made me fail about 4 months worth of work

when she told me she did it, I was like.. nah, youre not that crazy

she was

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
man.. I remember when my teacher deleted my whole account on the school computers, she made me fail about 4 months worth of work

when she told me she did it, I was like.. nah, youre not that crazy

she was
Man, that sucks man. If that happened, I'd write her name in a notebook.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to lesson 1 of hard lessons.
It happens to everyone but you'll never make the same mistake twice.

Save often and backup your saves onto a CD or your harddrive at home so you always have a backup.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should feel lucky it was only 4 hours of work. You should always do 2 backups just incase (I never backup either). It could be a lot worse, I remember a virus being on most of the PCs in college. It never did anything to the harddrives but used to copy itself to disc. Then when you used the disc in the PC it would copy itself over to the harddrive. After a while it decided that it would wipe the disc and someone lost 3 months of course work through this virus.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I was a bit of a dick to her, but she was insane.. always leaving on stress n stuff

for that instance was a number of things building up, main contributor was probably when she took my MP3 player off me in class, no I wasn't listening to it, it wasn't even working, my friend wanted to see it for himself, so then he gave it back, and its just sitting next to the keyboard, I don't even have the headphones plugged in, then she snatches it up, and her face seems to say "aaaaaaHA!!!!!"
and I was just like.. ugh fine..
at the end of the class, once everyones left I asked to have it back, she says wait till the end of the year, so I said something like
"look miss, I think you should respect I'm not doing this infront of the class because we both know you're either going to give it back or I'm going to take it back"
no response, so I opened her drawer, took it and left
later that day, teachers are stopping me all the time like "why were you listening to music in class? why did you throw her personal belongings everywhere?"

and in general.. she just hated I knew everything she was teaching, sounds cocky I know, but we were doing really basic stuff, like 11 year old work, typing stories in MSword, a few pie charts, and tables in excell.. man that class made me feel like an idiot..

back to the day she deleted my work, I believe it was because another friend of mine couldn't save his work, and he kept asking her for help, and she just kept closing his work without saving, and she's like "oh.. would you mind doing it again?" she did that 6 times to him, eventually he said NO, Im not doing it again, and she was like "oh, so you don't want the credits then?" "no miss, I dont want your damn credits"
and then I just started rofling at her, she just gave me a look like.. oh I'm gonna fuck you over...

atleast it wasnt a boring class

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I was a bit of a dick to her, but she was insane.. always leaving on stress n stuff

for that instance was a number of things building up, main contributor was probably when she took my MP3 player off me in class, no I wasn't listening to it, it wasn't even working, my friend wanted to see it for himself, so then he gave it back, and its just sitting next to the keyboard, I don't even have the headphones plugged in, then she snatches it up, and her face seems to say "aaaaaaHA!!!!!"
and I was just like.. ugh fine..
at the end of the class, once everyones left I asked to have it back, she says wait till the end of the year, so I said something like
"look miss, I think you should respect I'm not doing this infront of the class because we both know you're either going to give it back or I'm going to take it back"
no response, so I opened her drawer, took it and left
later that day, teachers are stopping me all the time like "why were you listening to music in class? why did you throw her personal belongings everywhere?"

and in general.. she just hated I knew everything she was teaching, sounds cocky I know, but we were doing really basic stuff, like 11 year old work, typing stories in MSword, a few pie charts, and tables in excell.. man that class made me feel like an idiot..

back to the day she deleted my work, I believe it was because another friend of mine couldn't save his work, and he kept asking her for help, and she just kept closing his work without saving, and she's like "oh.. would you mind doing it again?" she did that 6 times to him, eventually he said NO, Im not doing it again, and she was like "oh, so you don't want the credits then?" "no miss, I dont want your damn credits"
and then I just started rofling at her, she just gave me a look like.. oh I'm gonna fuck you over...

atleast it wasnt a boring class
The real question is was she hot?
At least you could've got a piece of ass from her.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

Thats a mac! (jk
tongue.gif
)

Re write what you had right now, while it is still fresh, and do it fast!! That really sucks tho, i always save a copy on the computer AND my usb drive..

Sorry for your loss
hate2.gif

ya! its cause its a Macc!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I sometimes just rip my 40GB portable harddrive out! (on a Windows!!!
tongue.gif
)
my G6 too sometimes... >_> if its not responding because I'm doing all this stuff at the time...

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
.TakaM: Ouch! I assumed you'd broken some T&C's or something but geez, she sounds like a right crazy one :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.