Gaming I didn't know this was a thing now.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was browsing some stuff today, youtube in particular, and saw some videos about this game called infinite golf. The game is for Nintendo switch, Playstation 4 and Xbox one, however the game was removed from Nintendo Switch Eshop after it was available briefly. This is what got me to write this post.

Below is a screencap of the situation.

upload_2017-8-31_2-39-1.png

According to the situation, the game was removed from Eshop cause of a increased rating of the game by esrb from Everybody to a Teen. The game contained a picture that was found and changed the rating to reflect it. The devs said that the image was a poster on a wall in the games golf courses that was just a placeholder and never was intended in the released product, and took immediate action to patch it in a upcoming update, and when it is fixed, the game will be available for purchase again.

So two things I didn't know,
  1. The games ratings can change?
  2. Nintendo will delist games with such changes?
While I don't understand the middle part of the changing of the rating for a game already submitted to esrb for approval, the fact it was changed is the thing I don't understand. Not used to hearing such a thing. Then nintendo delisting games for a rating change, another part of publishing games on their systems?

Look, in the end, maybe no one cares about this, but it bothers me to know that games ratings can change and then be unavailable cause of it, Nintendo already seem like in hot water trying to get 3rd party contractors for the switch with such popular games on other systems in high demand for switch but seem to pass on it. Might be coming to the conclusion that nintendo policies on things are just derailing potential uplifting of the system. Sure it has some interesting gimmicks for devs to play with like HD rumble, amiibo, dual hand motion joycons, and other marketed and advertised stuff about the system, but it seem like publishing games are just a pain for devs on nintendo switch that I'm worried.

The system isn't perfect for the publishing of games, but it could be improved.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Reactions: DarkIrata

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by DarkIrata,
Reactions: smileyhead

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTT: Yeah many older games got rerated / removed from the blacklist in germany. It's a common thing but happens silently
I know stuff like this happens, just kinda bad that it does, that was all I had to point out. Losing games while understandable for some conditions and reasons, still is like losing history. Just sometimes make me feel glad people are able to dump the games and preserve it or document is changes through each version .

Reactions: DarkIrata

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by fatsquirrel,

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I've been looking at this for 5 minutes now. Can you enlighten me what is so offensive on this picture?
Here is a screen shot from censored gaming's youtube video about it. Pay attention to the red circle.
What appears to be nude women. It was a place holder not intended for the final product release.

upload_2017-8-31_4-36-25.png
[/ATTACH]

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I hope we get some hentai homebrew on the switch
you'll be able to fondle tits with the HD Rumble soon™ :creep:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

4th469C.gif

Reactions: MeowMeowMeow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o