Hacking I broke it! blue lights no screen!

TekkamanChronos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cosplaykitsune.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Status report:
I tried out 2 other SD parts from other 3dses, however I ordered a newone just to try it out.
I have arm9loaderhax.bin and boot.firm on my sd card
i disconnected the camera cable and the issue still continues.

-Your last order, is alittle confusing to me. I'm sorry for my Noob.
I'm sorry caan i borrow you to explain this? I read the NTRboot process before and they said the one i have come preflashed and not to manually do something to it.

@,@ Could I request you assistance with this a little longer?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Your last order, is alittle confusing to me. I'm sorry for my Noob.
I'm sorry
caan i borrow you to explain this? I read the NTRboot process before and they said the one i have come preflashed and not to manually do something to it.

@,@ Could I request you assistance with this a little longer?

Oh, for your flashcart, you flip the internal switch to NTRboot mode. If you follow the instructions there, you should be able to boot up SafeB9SInstaller if it works out. However, instead of booting SafeB9SInstaller that's named as boot.firm on the root of the 3DS SD card, you can substitute GodMode9.firm renamed as boot.firm instead.

If you can get access to GodMode9, you should be able to follow CTRTransfer and repair whatever software fault the n3DSXL has.

The problem with this is trying to figure out whether the issues you're having are hardware, software based, or a combination of both.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TekkamanChronos,

try replacing boot.firm with Luma3DS v7.1, the first release that coincided with boot9strap v1.0.

If you used ntrboothax a while ago, your version of boot9stap is most likely too old to boot Luma v9.1. Download Luma v7.1 and place the boot.firm file from Luma v7.1 onto the root of your SD card. Please report back with your results.

Edit:
Also try Luma3DS v8.0 to test for boot9strap v1.2.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmmm I tried this, and the blue light stayed on but the screens remained black, there was no sound just power.
It did turn off when I pressed the B button, but it didnt shut off on it's own.
!!!
Try SafeB9SInstaller renamed as boot.firm placed on root. Starting from oldest to newest, see if v0.0.5, v0.0.6, and v0.0.7 produces any signs of life.

Edit - Forgot to provide link.

Reactions: TekkamanChronos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Standby

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just to be sure, the Safeb9installer has 3 files in it
a .bin .dat, and .nds which do i turn into boot.firm?
and should there be anything else on the card/root?

The *.bin version is for 3DS with A9LH custom firmware.
The *.nds, I think it's for a secondary entry point for NTRboot?
*.dat, dunno what's this one for??

The ones you want to try and rename are the *.firm.

The same goes with *.firm payloads like GodMode9, Decrypt9WIP, Rei-Six, etc.
If it's a *.firm file, it can be renamed as boot.firm, put on the SD root, and attempted in booting the 3DS.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
=__=
the status remains the same, when the sd card is inserted the solid blue light stays on with no screens
if the sd card us removed its the blue lights then it shuts off.

*bangs head on computer table*

For:
(1) worst case scenarios like these,
(2) barring any hardware problems with the 3DS,​
and
(3) if NTRboot refuses to work [very odd and rare but it does happen],​

last resort at repair would require hardmod.

Hardmod is very risky if your soldering skills isn't up to par. It also won't do you any good if you did not previously backed up & kept a SysNAND *.bin image from this console to reflash the NAND.

You should seriously consider temporarily borrowing or buying a used and fully functional n3DSXL unit. Swap in just the motherboard to the donor model to rule out hardware faults from the accessory components. Attempt NTRboot and/or SD card with different boot.firm. After trying all this without success and you have a NAND *.bin image from your main n3DSXL, last ditch do or die with the hardmod approach.

TekkamanChronos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cosplaykitsune.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Hardmod eh? I figured it was going to boil down to that, unfortunately I cant solder for beans.
I did order a replacement 3ds it should be here on the 7th. I think I'll just go on from there.
Luckily for me I'm a hardcore cheater so i backed up the data for most of my games.

I'll just put my old girl in a display case and hope that one day someone will make a pandora battery for it or something that can fix whats wrong with it.

Thank you for all your help and support, maybe this will help someone else who is having the same problem or they may develop something off it i dunno. just .. looking for a silver lining in all of this sad mess. U_U

On another note though...
The methods you recommended did work for my husband's old 3ds his died when our basement flooded.
it dried out and was stuck doing the same thing blue light turn off.
I used the ntrboot and it just came back to life.
So the methods work, it's just something up with my Poor Red.

But you know we got one back so huzzah!

Last edited by TekkamanChronos,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1