Hacking I bricked my vwii. Any possible solution?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But staff have said they can't look at PMs unless someone reports the convo. So just be stealthy :ninja:
Yes but not a good idea to ask directly in a thread for copyrighted material to be pmd as the mods will then be alerted to the illegal activity lol

Reactions: Kafluke

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes but not a good idea to ask directly in a thread for copyrighted material to be pmd as the mods will then be alerted to the illegal activity lol
Yep ^^ I will ask a friend for his file ^^
Do you think i can connect to his console with ftpiiu ? (he's about 1km far from me)

D

Deleted User

Mine is bricked too and i havent nand backup, maybe i can get the file to restore in pm (i saw there is only one file for the system menu)
Hit me up and I can help you with that.
{Or add me to Discord instead since i will link you to discord anyways}

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could but you'd have to setup port forwarding on his router for port 21
That's because you're in the same place as your Wii u. If you wanted to use ftp to connect to your friends Wii u youd have to create a tunnel so you can get through his firewall and into his Wii U. The IP address of your Wii U is internal only. Its only accessible like you did it if you are on the same network as the Wii U. Since you're not at your friends house your pc isn't going to log into his Wii U using 192.168.x.x. these are internal addresses.

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's because you're in the same place as your Wii u. If you wanted to use ftp to connect to your friends Wii u youd have to create a tunnel so you can get through his firewall and into his Wii U. The IP address of your Wii U is internal only. Its only accessible like you did it if you are on the same network as the Wii U. Since you're not at your friends house your pc isn't going to log into his Wii U using 192.168.x.x. these are internal addresses.
Ok thanks you for this answer

Ubilus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You installed a whole lot of Wii IOS to vWii, that's why you bricked. Wii and vWii IOS are incompatible.
There's still a good chance it's fixable. It looks like IOS58 is untouched, so you may be able to simply boot into HBC using hbl2hbc, boot up a WAD manager and reinstall the vWii versions of those IOS. That would be the easiest way.
Alternatively, you might be able to overwrite the IOS files with the clean ones from your NAND backup using wupserver/ftpiiu everywhere, but you would need to dump the encryption keys from vWii (if you haven't already) if your NAND backup is encrypted, so that you can extract the needed files from it. Either way you would need to be able to boot into HBC.
Hey ummm same thing happened to me. I installed the exact same things as he did and I get a black screen when I try to load the Homebrew channel using hbl2hbc. Any chance you could help me?

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try do the WUPHAX

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello.
I installed some system wads today and my vwii is gone. Totally black screen eveytime I click WII mode from wii-u screen. When I purchased the Wii-u I made a backup nand of vwii. Is there any way to restore this nand?

By the way. Haxchi is installed on my wii-u. And when I start a wii compatible game from wii-u menu after iosuhax, wii-u goes into wii mode and the game starts. Isn't it weird?

Thanks for any help or comment...
Try WUPHAX to start over without wads install

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey ummm same thing happened to me. I installed the exact same things as he did
you mean you replaced vWii system files with Wii version ?
did you do the IOS backup step when following the softmod guide? I'll just guess you didn't, like all users who are messing with hacks without precautions.

to fix your console, you'll have to reinstall original and good vWii IOS, but to do that you need them "good dump". Do not use NUS downloader to get them, they will be bad. only the good dump done when following a good vWii softmod guide (and user not skipping that part !!!) will fix your console.

Reactions: Ubilus

Ubilus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
you mean you replaced vWii system files with Wii version ?
did you do the IOS backup step when following the softmod guide? I'll just guess you didn't, like all users who are messing with hacks without precautions.

to fix your console, you'll have to reinstall original and good vWii IOS, but to do that you need them "good dump". Do not use NUS downloader to get them, they will be bad. only the good dump done when following a good vWii softmod guide (and user not skipping that part !!!) will fix your console.
Yep, I replaced vWii ios files with Wii version. I didn't back up my ios files because the tutorial I followed didn't tell me to do it. I would've done it if I knew beforehand, but it's my bad for not doing my research first. Sadly I have no other way to get the ios files. Thanks for the help though!

Ubilus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
how many? do you know which one? they are probably still present on your sd card, list all the system wad you have.
These are the files I installed into my vWii. Sadly I don't have any backups for my any of my vwii ios.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited by Ubilus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto