Hacking I bet the wiikey team is going to use the update..

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wiikey site has also updated. From reading it, does it mean they won't release the firmware update until they find out why it doesn't work? People already know how to make the discs work so if they aren't releasing the update for this reason seems pretty stupid...Hopefully one of the beta testers will leak the update if the Wiikey team decides not release it.
From what it seems is that they are trying to make sure the update works with all Wii's with all firmwares.

Since they linked to the other forum with a workaround on the config disc, I assume they are up on things.

I admit, I was one of the doubters that thought they developed this chip, released it and then just high-tailed it out.... But I forgot this is the same group that developed the XenoGC. So, with the recent updates, they have renewed my faith in them.

Arfman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seriously, who cares about updates? All of my backup games work, it's just since yesterday you need GcOS for the setupdisc. If they patch that, I'm happy.

Abstract3000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reguardless to what is said Ive had my Wii modded with the Wiikey since it came out and they have been stating there would be an update what was that like... 7 months ago? Still nothing today? but oh well That I care less about the GC audio fix, what I want to see in an update is more along the features the Wiikey boasts but noone discusses or knows if it works like:

+Stealth mode
+512 byte EEPROM to store configuration
+Sophisticated (true) update mechanism via DVD (future proof, expect cool features to come)

Lets see wiiKey Expand on that, I assume that if the chip really had stealth mode WiiKey.cn would have stated something about it in their update though It's highly doubtful now.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i updated to 3.0 but now i cant get on the news channel i have error code NEWS000006 using wiikey , i dont know wether it s anything to do with the mod or the update as ive only just tried the news channel ? i googled for the error news000006 and couldnt find anything . am i on my own here and yes it did work when i first got the wii

edit: my backups work fine also this is the only problem,, does anyone think i should format the wii in the settings or wont it help? also if i do ,will i lose my saved games???

I turn wiiconnect 24 off before updating mine and have had no problems. Someone posted a solution to get this working again. Something like backup your wiimemory then reformat it, turn off wiiconnect24, turn the wii completely off for 30 seconds. When you turn the wii on again it should work. I think the post was made in the main firmware 3.0u topic. Your better checking the thread incase I'm wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo,