Gaming I am disappointed

• Thread starter Deleted-188346
  • Start date
  • Views 14,809
  • Replies 130
D

Deleted-188346

OP
Is anybody else somewhat disappointed from the announcement?

Here are some things that I'm worried/let down about:
- Price.
- Only GB/GBA/GBC Virtual Console?
- Release date.
- For the price, the unit looks somewhat cheap.
- The re-addition of the volume "slider", as opposed to the excellent DSi and DSi XL volume buttons.

However, I'm happy about:
- Tag mode.
- Swapping your DSiWare games to the 3DS.
- Mii's!
- The games mostly look fantastic visually, excluding that crummy Japanese baseball title.
- Strong major titles from major developers.
- The non-fingerprint attracting material coming back from the DSi.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
XLarge said:
no you're just a nitpicker

I think that the release date, let alone the price, are hardly nitpicking.
No need to take offense, I'm not attacking the 3DS at all. This is just discussion.

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

What do you mean by "only"? What other games could they have put on the VC?
huh.gif

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
It's like a portable wii with 3D + multitasking+GBA+GBC+GB virtual Consol (so far maybe more will come remember wii didn't have that many different game systems in the start) + 3D camera + tons of more fun stuff.
I think the it's a fair price. Late release date? hmm i rather wait a little more and let them make the 3DS better. There must be a reason for a late release, probably nintendo is not done with the 3DS yet. Often longer to release=development=more stuff
smile.gif

I have nothing to complain about

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Release date is perfect for me. It means that the quality of the launch titles will be higher than if they were released sooner, look at most of the Wii launch titles and see the rush jobs there. Publishers have the choice to have six more months to polish these titles up and six months extra time is better than no extra time.

Price is fine by me and expected seeing the DSi LL was 20000 yen last year at launch and at its core is pretty much 6 year old tech that wasn't that cutting edge when released back then.

3DS is far more advanced in many ways and has more packed with it. I would like to have known how much games will cost, I'd pay £30-£35 depending on the title but I wouldn't pay PS3/360 prices at all seeing 3DS games wont cost as much the make.

Only GB/GBC/GBA? Only? Nintendo has only announced those SO FAR! Remember that the Wii VC didn't have as many consoles on it like it does now. I'm really hoping for some Neo Geo Pocket Colour titles and maybe some Virtual Boy...they have to finally have the excellent Wario Land VB on machine that will actuall sell.

However there is supposed to be separate announcements today for other Nintendo regions so maybe we'll get more details.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the price is pretty good, I wouldn't mind paying about $200 for it, considering I spent much more on other shit, and it looks okay to me, a friend of mine went to E3, and he said it didn't feel too bad, it actually felt pretty nice in the hand. I wouldn't to get protection for it too, considering my sister is messy and is dangerous to handhelds, and my little cousin that I'm babysitting is even worse. Release date isn't too bad for me, either, and the games and the new features are spectacular! I wouldn't mind selling my PSP for it.

EDIT: fixed some stuffs.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
KinGamer7 said:
QUOTE said:

huh.gif

Well, given the supposed power of the 3DS, I was hoping that they would allow it to perhaps be able to run N64 games.
I know that handshelds do not have a strong history with emulating N64 games, but you'd think that Nintendo would be able to do it with their own handheld.

Also, considering that the DS phat/lite can run GB/GBA and GBC (with emulator), it seems that the addition of virtual console is only to make up for the removal of the slot-2.

QUOTE(Gaydrian @ Sep 29 2010, 01:00 PM)
Only GB/GBC/GBA? Only? Nintendo has only announced those SO FAR! Remember that the Wii VC didn't have as many consoles on it like it does now. I'm really hoping for some Neo Geo Pocket Colour titles and maybe some Virtual Boy...they have to finally have the excellent Wario Land VB on machine that will actuall sell.

However there is supposed to be separate announcements today for other Nintendo regions so maybe we'll get more details.

I suppose there is some hope that they'll announce more VC consoles, but you'd think that the information given to Japan audiences would be mainly the same as given to other countires. Of course, excluding exact release dates and pricing. But here's hoping that they'll add in some more consoles.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puppy_Washer said:
KinGamer7 said:
QUOTE said:

huh.gif
Well, given the supposed power of the 3DS, I was hoping that they would allow it to perhaps be able to run N64 games.
I know that handshelds do not have a strong history with emulating N64 games, but you'd think that Nintendo would be able to do it with their own handheld.

Also, considering that the DS phat/lite can run GB/GBA and GBC (with emulator), it seems that the addition of virtual console is only to make up for the removal of the slot-2.
I can see where you are going there. N64 games would be nice.....

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Puppy_Washer said:
Is anybody else somewhat disappointed from the announcement?
Not really

Here are some things that I'm worried/let down about:
- Price.
Actually it's a VERY good price because it has: 3D, touch screen, Motion n Gyro sensors, Good graphic processors and RAM and VRAM, 3 Cameras, Microphone, Impressive audio, etc.
Something like that would be expected like $400-$500

What do you expect? It's a handheld device and they wouldn't play home console games.
Anyway they can always add new stuff to VC so we may see NES and SNES soon.

- Release date.
Well it lets others have more time to save up for the 3DS, plus it's near the end of the fiscal year.
- For the price, the unit looks somewhat cheap.
Again with the price?

However, I'm happy about:
- Tag mode.
Tag mode looks great but there won't be alot of people with their 3DS on them.
- Swapping your DSiWare games to the 3DS.
This is good for people with a DSi(XL), but DSiWare isn't that good anyway.
- Mii's!
This is great but there will most likely be the same amount of customizing as Mii's on the Wii, but the feature that makes the mii for you according to you is great, when i get the 3DS i'll make a mii and use the auto mii maker and see how different they are.
- The games mostly look fantastic.
Yes but we can expect shovel-ware soon
*Denies everything you say*

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hikaru said:
I don't see this happening when they've already done OoT & StarFox 64. I can imagine them getting a fair amount of criticism for it. Other devs would probably want to do the same, make existing N64 games look a little better, keep costs down and charge full price at retail.

It also depends on N64 emulation, I know PSP can't emulate quite a lot of games at the moment and we really just don't know what is in this thing until Nintendo tell us.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:
Hikaru said:
I don't see this happening when they've already done OoT & StarFox 64. I can imagine them getting a fair amount of criticism for it. Other devs would probably want to do the same, make existing N64 games look a little better, keep costs down and charge full price at retail.
I guess that would be better, too. And there will probably be a SSB game out for 3DS, which would make things even better.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hikaru said:
Gaydrian said:
Hikaru said:
I guess that would be better, too. And there will probably be a SSB game out for 3DS, which would make things even better.

I hope you realize that EVERYONE says for EVERY console gen for a handheld in Nintendo's realm that "Oh there will be a SSB game!" There isn't. They adamantly are keeping it as a console franchise. And really, who would want to play it elsewhere? It works fantastically as a local multiplayer game and not the same experience on a bunch of handhelds. Sitting in a room with three other buds beating the crap out of each other in SSB is one of the few great pleasures you can get from local multiplayer.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
yuyuyup said:
$300 BRUTAL
MARCH RELEASE BRUTAL

WHAT THE Fudge IS NINTENDO THINKING THREE HUNDRED DOLLAR
It'll be lowered for the release in america.
Japan has stuff at a higher price.
You can't just translate the japanese price and be like ZOMFG THE AMERICAN PRICE IS SO MUCH.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I seem to recall the director of the series saying they will only be doing each game on better hardware then the last entry. Saying that, that MGS3D video is showing stuff I've not ever seen done on the Wii.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
yuyuyup said:
$300 BRUTAL
MARCH RELEASE BRUTAL

WHAT THE Fudge IS NINTENDO THINKING THREE HUNDRED DOLLAR
It'll be lowered for the release in america.
Japan has stuff at a higher price.
You can't just translate the japanese price and be like ZOMFG THE AMERICAN PRICE IS SO MUCH.

i think you meant fuck.

also yeah dickish price, seriously out of wack - you know the games aren't for free, so buying some 2-3 games on launch with it will set you back like what about 450$ ... ooookaaaay.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
They COULD put SBB on the 3DS.
But they COULD not put it on the 3DS.
They're most likely not though cause it's a Home Console franchise (french fries
tongue.gif
)
But yes the game would look good on the 3DS cause of the 3D, especially when you pause and zoom in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill