Gaming I am anti-DS today. Try to persuade me otherwise.

zuron7

RBYG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
I'll tell you what every console has to come to an end and it's the end of the DS.That's why there are no new games for the DS.
According to me the company's which make the games are told beforehand so that they don't waste their money on making NEW GAMES.
The Wii is going to receive a bit more attention right now even though it has been here since 2006.Soon there's going to be a new Nintendo handheld and the DS is going to be phased out for a much better counterpart.

Well.That's it.If you don't want to play your DS.There are many things a PC can do.Why? can't you try some of the things like that?

BTW even I got bored of the DS and that's the reason I hacked my Wii for.

wildfire95

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Inunah said:
tinymonkeyt said:
Just go watch T.V. or something. There are millions of things you can do that don't involve your DS.
That, good sir, is not an option when in fact there isn't anything to do except DS.

I mean, I could go play on my consoles... Or read... Or watch TV... But I'm not in the mood for consoles (I would be if I had the fucking classic controller since my gamecube controller's start and x/y buttons are sticky, but noooooooo), i've read all my books six times, and nothing I want to watch is on the TV right now (and my TV has over 4k channels!)

Get a girlfriend, get married, have a bunch of kids.

Stealth Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunatly this guy is correct. The American ds owner gets screwed. We only receive a fraction of the awesome titles japan gets. in the future I would like to see all games have a mandatory english option so at least we could import it. And yes the ds translation scene is pathetic but that will change in 2-5 years when people get proper tools and we see the real translators come out. Look at the snes, translations of those games are just hitting there stride.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All your post is about is bitching and moaning over translations. Seriously, when they get done they get done. If you think they can translate a game fully, especially one so text heavy as Nanashi no Game, in a week, then you seriously have no sense of time and work. Translators don't do your bidding. You're not the CEO and they're the lowly employees. They do what they want. You're lucky we have any translations, let alone complete ones like Soma Bringer and Jump.

And you're seriously complaining about no Diablo DS? Seriously, what the fuck? The only non-PC Diablo game was for the goddamn Playstation. I might as well complain about no World of Warcraft DS. As for Patapon, it's a homebrew project, and a lot of homebrew games are incomplete. That goes for any system. Not to mention even if it was complete it wouldn't in anyway be an equivalent to the PSP Patapon. You have large expectations for an area that hardly has any.

As for your list...

- Scribblenauts
- Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice
- GTA: Chinatown Wars (better than 90% of the games on your list)
- Bowser's Inside Story (same as GTA)
- Planet Puzzle League
- Dragon Quest (haven't played them yet but they're supposedly pretty solid RPGs)
- Jump! Ultimate Stars

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
2009 DS games:
-Avalon Code
-Big Bang Mini
-Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled
-Bleach: The 3rd Phantom
-Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized (best portable FPS IMO and I have a PSP)
-Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyan
-Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
-Elebits: The Adventures of Kai & Zero
-Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
-FIFA Soccer 10 (it's not as good as the console versions but it's a lot of fun)
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
-Fossil Fighters
-Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
-Harvest Moon DS: Sunshine Islands
-Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
-Knights in the Nightmare
-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
-Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
-Mega Man Star Force 3
-Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
-Nostalgia
-Peggle Dual Shot
-Phantasy Star Zero
-Pokemon Platinum Version
-Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
-Retro Game Challenge
-Rhythm Heaven
-Scribblenauts
-Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
-Space Invaders Extreme 2
-Steal Princess
-Suikoden Tierkreis
-Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier
-The Dark Spire
-The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
-Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
-Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's 2009

2010 DS games (this list is already big):
1° Hotel Dusk 2 (if it's coming to the West in 2010)
2° Golden Sun
3° Dragon Quest VI
4° Shin megami Tensei Strange Journey
5° New Suzak's project (it can be a F-zero game)
6° Pokemon Heart Gold
7° Glory of Heracles
8° Ace Attorney Investigations : Miles Edgeworth
9° Dragon Quest IX
10° Ragnarok
11° Blue Dragon : Awakened Shadow
12° Infinite Space
13° Sands of destruction
12° Luminous Arc 3 : Eyes
13° Okamiden
14° Again: Eyes of Providence
15° Lufia DS
16° Professor Layton and the Flute of Malevolent Destiny
17° WarioWare D.I.Y.
18° Ghost Trick
19° Picross 3D
20° Project Monster
21° Shantae: Risky's Revenge
22° Sonic Sega All Stars Racing
23° Spectral Force : Genesis
24° Dementium II
25° Shepherd's Crossing 2
26° Sonic Classic Collection

@Edit and believe me, DS is one of the best systems this generation. My list for 2009 isn't really complete (I am not using my PC, so I don't have my full list).

You will find quality, quantity, variety and the best RPG library of this generation on the DS, this is coming from a guy that have a x360, PSP, Wii, PS2 and is always making lists of games for every system because sometimes I don't have nothing better to do.

If you don't like the DS games that's ok but if you HATE the DS I think it's better for you to stop your gaming life.

ecewarrior_mk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
throw it away then.
everyone here won't gain anything if they persuade you

im currently playing Dragon Quest Monsters Rocket Slime--nice game

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's a full translation of NANASHI NO GAME but it's in Chinese. I translated it using Google translator last month and the result is actually good.

Download the patch and patch a clean rom using LunarIPS.
Download: http:// www. mediafire.com/download.php?wzm3352yuj2a

EDIT: Sorry, fixed the link
smile.gif

EDIT2: This is for NANASHI NO GAME 2 only!

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Inunah said:
I hate the Nintendo DS today. The games I want don't have translation projects at a high enough completion percentage, or they're not on the internet yet, and my 2GB Micro SD card isn't full enough. I don't like Nintendo today, and I hating playing games on a Nintendo DS. What I really think is that Nintendo should stop making DS games because we're not gonna see the good games on US shores anyway. I feel like putting my new Nintendo DS Lite in the garbage, and then shooting myself in the head for being so horrible to Nintendo. There also is no Diablo game for the DS, and the guy who started the homebrew Patapon DS game hasn't updated in months. There isn't a flash cart in the world where you can play all DS games without a slot-2, even the Nintendo DS Browser, and there isn't any Fringe DS Lite skins.

I'm anti-DS today. Will you try to persuade me otherwise with games that are (or are fan translated to be) in full English?
Seriously, if I get no replies i'm gonna go murder a box of kittens.

EDIT: On another note, giving me a full 100% translation of Nanashi no GAME in a week will probably work better than suggesting games that already fit what I want.

EDIT EDIT: Games that won't help:
Phantom Hourglass
Urbz
Rayman
Animal Crossing
Nintendogs
Warioware
Yoshi Touch and Go
Yoshi's Island DS
Spirit Tracks
Cooking Mama 1, 2, or 3
Big Bang Mini
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
Strategy Games
Pokemon games
Science Papa
Kingdom Hearts
Flips!
Rhythm Heaven
Picross DS
Rittai Picross
Soma Bringer
Tetris DS
Daigasso! Band Brothers
The World Ends With You
Kirby Canvas Curse
Kirby Squeak Squad
Phantasy Star Zero
RIZ-ZOAWD

Bye Inunah.

Hmm when your preferences are even close to being as limiting as mine, let me know
smile.gif

It's just a frigging game toy, get over it.
I'm NOT interested in convincing you to play it. Couldn't care less if you don't.
smile.gif

I KNOW, if I were to begin playing ALL the games for just 1 hour each, all so I could say I had played all the games at least once, well that's going to take weeks, maybe months.
Add to that plenty of games will take a month to actually play all on their own, and some games just don't have finite play throughs in the first place.
The ONLY reason I have for NOT buying the DSiXL edition, will be just not having the cash handy at the time. I'd love to have the larger screen for my favourite titles.

I feel sorry for kids that have no life, and nothing stopping them from playing a Nintendo game non stop such that they always end up with an obsessive need for yet another new game to play.
Maybe you should try to think of something to compete with your time such that it takes you longer to finish off Nintendo DS titles.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
zuron7 said:
I'll tell you what every console has to come to an end and it's the end of the DS.That's why there are no new games for the DS.
According to me the company's which make the games are told beforehand so that they don't waste their money on making NEW GAMES.
The Wii is going to receive a bit more attention right now even though it has been here since 2006.Soon there's going to be a new Nintendo handheld and the DS is going to be phased out for a much better counterpart.

Well.That's it.If you don't want to play your DS.There are many things a PC can do.Why? can't you try some of the things like that?

BTW even I got bored of the DS and that's the reason I hacked my Wii for.
You best be trolling.

There are lots of new games coming this year.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QQ moar!

Seriously, go bitch to someone who cares. Go play some real games instead of whining about the crappy ones. Download Phantasy Star Zero or Contra 4 for crying out loud, all the games you seem to be complaining about are garbage titles or mediocre at best.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like the smell of a noob trying to act cool. And by the way guys I'm looking for a way to make Halo 3 ODST and porting it over to DS. If someone can do that in a week please lemme know.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Nanashi no GAME 2. Bad. I haven't played the first one. Nor do I understand Chinese.

But back to something else.

Yes I bitch and moan. What else is there to do? All I have is a NES, SNES, GBA, GBC, GCN, DS, DS Lite, and a Wii. I don't get to play the badass games. I wouldn't bitch and moan as much if DSi games were able to be pirated for DS and DS Lite.
And BTW, that Patapon DS won't be as good as the PSP version but at least there will be a DS version... And the person making that homebrew hasn't updated in 2 1/2 years so I don't even think it'll be finished.

I'm not interested in Glory of Heracles.... :\ Not until I get my GBA fix.... Like I'm getting a 3in1 sometime this week so i'm excited for that now.

And that big long list... Well ironically i've tried and liked many of those games, but I don't possibly have room for all of them. XD

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
meh i'll suggest you wait to february 25th.... 7 games are being released on that date that have high interest. which one of them is the new Lufia. Estpolis said. also Mugen no Frontier Exceed.
Ragnarok online ds translation.
Sands of Destruction will be released. i heard good rumors about that game though.
Sonic Classic Collection DS will also be released...has S1 to S3k in it.
so you just have to wait until it is february for the good games to come
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D