Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just my guess, which i really hope im wrong, hykem is working on reverse engineering the Wii u, and kinda letting us know what its going on, my bets? someone, out of nowhere, totally unnamed, will be like:
Here is your 5.5.0 Exploit, Have Fun, [release the exploit here].
Its usually what does happen.

Yup, i was totally right!

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just don't release it! No one in this shithole deserves it anyway. It is not so hard to make this decision at that point. The scene will be crappy anyway. People will ONLY care about piracy. It will be even worse than the 3DS scene which is ONLY about 95% about piracy. Just keep this console unhacked for once.

'No one in this shithole' ehh.... so what are you doing wasting your time here if we're so bad then? Hykem himself even said there's 1% of people that understand what he's doing... But no you beg to differ and state we're all the same, and even tell him to stop everything he's been working on for the past months - ok then... :lol:

In sum, I don't care if 99% of you end up hating me because the exploit is not being released when you want it to be, nor do I care if you all blame me for starting a massive hype all around and then not delivering when I was supposed to. I know there's still 1% of people around that understand what we (developers) are doing and that everyone will eventually get the chance to explore their systems in the way that's supposed to be, safe and fun. Those people don't care if the exploit is released on February, March, 2017, 2120 or whatever, because they understand we know what we're doing.

Also, mind you, time is the only factor here. Everyone seems to be so eager to disprove or contradict what I'm doing that you all end up fighting about my posts, trying to figure out what I meant exactly.

...Actually I disagree with the 1% figure here, and I'm likely treading on thin ice by comparing to it :lol:, but it's like the whole muslim thing isn't it.... a good 95% of muslims are peace loving people, it's just the ridiculous 5% that spoil it all for them. That 5% also of course being the ones with the biggest gobs whilst the rest are just getting on with their daily lives etc.... Currently there's 44 members viewing the thread as I speak - and removing the clueless n00bs we always get anyway, it could well be only around 5-10% of the gbatemp community bleating on, demanding answers and specific dates etc... these are the ridiculous ones with the biggest gobs spoiling it for all us others..

..I say spoiling it, thankfully you're not the type to be put off, and seem to be happy to carry on for that 1% of people, great news... but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to find that %age is a bit higher than that...;)

Lvys

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh, so I should just update to 5.5.1? I thought that update rolled to patch the exploits. Now I feel dumb for not playing online for a while.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh, so I should just update to 5.5.1? I thought that update rolled to patch the exploits. Now I feel dumb for not playing online for a while.
The most sensible post in quite a while.

It does seem like updating to 5.5.1 is fine, we knew it was vunerable already but people are understandably being cautious - myself included.

Update if you need to, don't if you don't. I'll probably leave my console alone.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
'No one in this shithole' ehh.... so what are you doing wasting your time here if we're so bad then? Hykem himself even said there's 1% of people that understand what he's doing... But no you beg to differ and state we're all the same, and even tell him to stop everything he's been working on for the past months - ok then... :lol:
You're obviously not the brightest. I'll explain: Yes this is a shithole, but I like being here. I like reading stupid posts of stupid people ans explain to them why they're stupid. Further, yes I don't agree with hykem's opinion that there are 1% of sane here. It is actually 0%. Even hykem makes mistakes. He just made an off-by-one error. Last but not least: I never said he should stop working. He can use his exploit and can share with devs. He can build his own private homebrew scene without drama and without you.

Reactions: looseless

SigmaSebas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Do you even know what the word "donate" means? If you give blood do you expect to get money or higher up the list for a transfusion later on down the line? What the hell kind of logic is that?
Hykem doesn't even need money, so it wasnt a "donation", he knows he is in debt with this community.

isamudyson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Just kidding.
Nonetheless, i barely keep feeling 'good'-tempered waiting so long.
Of course, there is no deal and no engagement but in a so fast-acting/reacting society...But, inustified wait leads to unjustified anger, rage, violence and non-sense sentences...Is piracy worthy ? Isn't it useless waisting time to developp exploits just for playing pong or modifying textures on MK8 ? [Devs] Do your best to please people and they will thank you in return. My kids will enjoy their WiiU stuck in the shadows and getting rusty....Be kind and make my day !!!! Have a nice day. Reproduce. Don't smoke and remember that 'Winners don't use drugs' (people over 35-40 should understand!).

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hykem doesn't even need money, so it wasnt a "donation", he knows he is in debt with this community.

Donation does not mean money. You can donate an organ, you can donate clothes, you can donate time, you can donate a service (which is kind of like time), you can donate hardware, hell you can donate software though something like that may be frowned upon depending on what it is. Can you guess what category WiiU falls under?

Jow Banks

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ziggyro said:
Let @Hykem take all the time he wants.
Just don't throw a hissy fit if someone accomplishes something first (Like you did when plutoo posted a picture of his IOS exploit). I'm sure your life is so (vaguely) hard that you have to keep missing dates
Can't wait for someone else to release or for you to release something so you can fuck off. Also
Hykem said:
In sum, I don't care if 99% of you end up hating me because the exploit is not being released when you want it to be, nor do I care if you all blame me for starting a massive hype all around and then not delivering when I was supposed to. I know there's still 1% of people around that understand what we (developers) are doing and that everyone will eventually get the chance to explore their systems in the way that's supposed to be, safe and fun. Those people don't care if the exploit is released on February, March, 2017, 2120 or whatever, because they understand we know what we're doing.

Well - at least he set a realistic date that can be kept - here he says we can expect it sometime before 2120, or within the next 104 years.
Maybe that's how long he expects will be needed to finish the obfuscation of his code so Ninty cant fix it.

What I'm not sure is if Ninty will still have their old servers from way back in 2016 that ran the ancient wii-U code so they can dig them out of storage to see if the exploit worked.
(Doubt they will put a team on to patch it out....not too much demand to patch things for 100+ year old consoles)

And speaking of kernel exploits....where is Plutoo these days any ways?

ihateu3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well - at least he set a realistic date that can be kept - here he says we can expect it sometime before 2120, or within the next 104 years.
Maybe that's how long he expects will be needed to finish the obfuscation of his code so Ninty cant fix it.

What I'm not sure is if Ninty will still have their old servers from way back in 2016 that ran the ancient wii-U code so they can dig them out of storage to see if the exploit worked.
(Doubt they will put a team on to patch it out....not too much demand to patch things for 100+ year old consoles)

And speaking of kernel exploits....where is Plutoo these days any ways?

That gives you 104 years to learn how to reverse engineer software yourself, or 104 years to keep complaining on gbatemp. Choose your fate.

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello guys I think this is irrelevant here but can u have a look here? what is that? I was on wiimode and randomly I found this wifi signal with ping tools app for Android it would be interesting to connect to it and check what it is but I don't have the knowledge it might be useful in future :P

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-30-19-41-12.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-30-19-41-12.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 355
Last edited by GR-DRACULA,

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello guys I think this is irrelevant here but can u have a look here? what is that? I was on wiimode and randomly I found this wifi signal with ping tools app for Android it would be interesting to connect to it and check what it is but I don't have the knowledge :P
Probably it's the 5ghz signal that connects together the wii u gamepad and the wii u itself.

Last edited by ManuelKoegler,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==