Hacking Hardware HWFLY - NS Oled Black screen (Violet blink, then static White)

quasept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi! I hope you are doing great!

So i just got my switch back from a shop that installed me an hwfly clone (the new ones at 30$, might be v5) on my NS Oled. When he handed it to me the screen was saying "NO SD" with a rocket, i knew this was a good sign and proceeded to pay him. He told me that he didn't flash the chip to upgrade the firmware tho, as he never did it even on his personal Oled. He also managed to solder directly the dat0 connection because he was having trouble with the adaptator.

I got back to my house, prepared my sd card (with latest hekate 6.0.4 and ams 1.5.3 since i was running on 16.0.3 ofw), put in the sd card into the ns and:
- Nintendo logo shows up then goes off fast and proceed to a black screen
- Hwfly's LED blinking purple and then goes static white (i'm assuming it's white) and then goes off
- Same thing happens without sd card

I don't know what happened since everything was working fine before inserting the sd card, maybe the fw from the chip is not updated? A bad dat0 connection? Or issues with connectors on CPU?
I attached a video from the NS with the LED debug.

Thanks for the help! Have a great day

Attachments

• d1c3a568938b4edab9fc98755903b5ba.mov
    5.7 MB
Last edited by quasept,
Reactions: AhsanMC

Jsolisdc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So i just got my switch back from a shop that installed me an hwfly clone (the new ones at 30$, might be v5) on my NS Oled. When he handed it to me the screen was saying "NO SD" with a rocket, i knew this was a good sign and proceeded to pay him. He told me that he didn't flash the chip to upgrade the firmware tho, as he never did it even on his personal Oled. He also managed to solder directly the dat0 connection because he was having trouble with the adaptator.

I got back to my house, prepared my sd card (with latest hekate 6.0.4 and ams 1.5.3 since i was running on 16.0.3 ofw), put in the sd card into the ns and:
- Hwfly's LED blinking purple and then goes static white (i'm assuming it's white) and then goes off

I don't know what happened since everything was working fine before inserting the sd card, maybe the fw from the chip is not updated? A bad dat0 connection? Or issues with connectors on CPU?

white means "Possible issue with connection to the capacitor on CPU"

zakwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It was working fine 1 minute before inserting the SD card tho, how can this be the problem?
Hey there, did you manage to find what was the problem?
I just got the EXACT same problem for the first time, I will work around and try to find the solution but it was like you, this is far from not being the first one I install
Installed it like always, screwed everything back together, it did it's training, then blink purple then green with no sd (like it always does)
The inserted the SD card and first boot I got purple then static white, after that even after taking the sd out same thing
I will try and flash it again and see, right now I just did a training data reset (true hardware) and now it just does blinking orange...
Maybe it's just cause a default board but it's strange I had the EXACT same issue like you did and stoped working after the first time I put a sf card
If you managed to fix the problem without changing board, let us know, I will work around with it see can be done to fix the issue

Reactions: AhsanMC

AhsanMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I had the same issue. I fixed it by turning on the switch while the apu ribbon cable was unplugged from the modchip, and then plugging it back in while the console was still on. It now boots to hekate just fine. No luck with emmc or ofw though 😕

quasept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey there, did you manage to find what was the problem?
I just got the EXACT same problem for the first time, I will work around and try to find the solution but it was like you, this is far from not being the first one I install
Installed it like always, screwed everything back together, it did it's training, then blink purple then green with no sd (like it always does)
The inserted the SD card and first boot I got purple then static white, after that even after taking the sd out same thing
I will try and flash it again and see, right now I just did a training data reset (true hardware) and now it just does blinking orange...
Maybe it's just cause a default board but it's strange I had the EXACT same issue like you did and stoped working after the first time I put a sf card
If you managed to fix the problem without changing board, let us know, I will work around with it see can be done to fix the issue
Hello, i ended up handing the ns back to the shop that installed me the modchip, he didn't found the solution yet, but he thinks that the problem comes from a bad dat0 connection so he will re bill the chip and see if it works. I'll let you know if anything happens!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway