Humble Monthly Bundle Service Announced

Humble Bundle, known for offering wonderful bundles of games with high donations to charity, has just recently announced a new monthly subscription service.

Humble confirmed its new program will exist separately from the other deals it already operates. The service will cost you $12 per month, with 5% of the cost going directly to charities.
For the cost, you'll get a mix of newer hits and classic games. All games in the bundle will be unknown until the moment they're released.

At launch, all games in the monthly bundle will include Steam codes. However, in the future, some games will be DRM-free and may not be on Steam, or may appear on other platforms.

:arrow: SignUps

Sign Up begins today, and upon signing up, you will receive a steam code for Legends of Grimrock 2, a First Person Dungeon crawler. The first round of games will be available November 6th.

Reactions: Margen67

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
Meh. I don't want to risk paying for a franchise-themed bundle that I have no interest in. Like Total War or something.
Might be ok if we can buy it after the games' announcement for a few bucks more. 15$ seems fair.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Humble have been getting more and more about the money. Good product, good idea on the whole (bundles), but it's going in a new direction now.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
A big meh to this idea. Used to be they'd just tell you what was in their bundles and if it was mostly good stuff that you didn't have already, you'd buy it for whatever you thought it was worth. My Steam library is much too large to gamble on getting the good indie games that I don't already own.

They need to get back to basics, because everything that's been in bundles lately has already been in previous bundles. That's certainly not for a lack of untapped indie games on Steam; there are plenty.

Last edited by Xzi,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm not getting the bundle because I don't know what to expect. But this whole "humble bundle has gone downhill" is something I don't share. Of course the initial goal would've been impossible to keep up every week (you can't just crank out a handful of great indy games for nearly free and multiplatform on a weekly basis), but it's still possible to give a large amount to charity and I kind of feel like you guys are spoiled. From recent offerings:

-the current humble bundle has xenonauts and skullgirls, and QUBE and sir, you've been hunted seem interesting to me as well, and the others don't look low-quality either...they're multiplatform and some more games are on the way
-didn't buy humble fantastic arcade, but it's probably worth the price of admission for hotline miami in itself
-humble total war: not a fan of the series, but it's not like it's a bad deal, right?
-humble game maker: okay, 10 second ninja is very meh, but another perspective is a pleasant surprise and I already know stealth bastard deluxe is awesome. Oh, and...game maker.
-Tom clancy showdown: I guess this gets flak because the games are only on uplay (and only windows), but these are NINE UBISOFT GAMES!!!

I'll certainly admit not every game is great (no idea why some like "no time to explain", for example), but given the price I really don't mind trying games like Divekick or Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball (it's only by trying that you'll come to like some of these...I would've never known how awesome kickbeat, not the robots or one-finger death punch would be, for example...or the already mentioned another perspective).

Reactions: grossaffe

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
considering that the two biggest appeal about hib where your choice to distribute your money the way you wanted and the fact that you could just pay a few cents if the games seemed mostly dumb with the option to just buy a second one for more money if any games were better than expected... i'm not seeing how they thought this could be a thing

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Humble Bundle used to be really intriguing but now they seem to just whore it up now. Each new service gives less and less to charity. I was only interested in them in the first place because you could give to charity and get video games. RIP

Last edited by Pluupy,

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Vipera, what do you think about Humble Bundle?"
"I don't think it's a good idea. You have to constantly find devs and companies who are willing to lose a lot of revenue for charity, while avoiding those who offer too little and/or re-sell their keys at the same time"
"Omg fuck u know nothing bout gaems my uncle is CEO of nin10do and im not virgin"

Actual conversation on IRC, long ago. This is why I gave up on visiting that fedora shithole.

And now Humble Bundle is blowing up because it got too greedy. Gee, I didn't see that coming! Oh well, it had a great run. It only made people pay 1/10th of the actual game costs with even less money going to charity, while fueling the dangerous thought of "5 bucks? That's too much. I'm gonna wait for a bundle sale".

Protip: if you really give two shits about charity, just do it by yourself already. Pick a percentage of your yearly net profit and decide where to send those money. It can be as little as 1 buck every 1000. Then go to Electronic Frontier Foundation's website or Child's Play's website and donate directly. Or pick whatever charity you want, or donate to research or whatever. Of course, using some precaution. Or, if you insist on buying something unrelated to charity because it promises money, make sure how much money they are talking about, if the company is trustworthy and if it's more convenient than doing this by yourself instead. What? You don't care that much about charity? Well then, stop pretending to care. The "shut up, they do it for charity" has become the new excuse for doing shady and shitty stuff. Educate yourself or don't, but if you don't, please stop acting like the new Ghandi because you "donate" $0.60 monthly to get a bunch of free games for ONLUSs you know nothing about.

Last edited by Vipera,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER