Not open for further replies.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the problem isn't finding a hackable switch. the problem is finding a switch at all.
Gamestop usually has stocks of it.
I had problems finding it at Wal mart and so.

My suggestion would be to search which Gamestops are closer to you, enter a Google search for it to get the number, call them and ask them directly.
I had the luck to find stocks in the first one I called :lol:
So yeah, do that.

If not Gamestop, try Best Buy or other stores by calling beforehand.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

TheRenegadist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap, this is huge news! Hope this opens doors for getting some sweet emulators running! Gotta say, I can't wait for the day when I can play NES - Gamecube on the go alongside emulators for other non-Nintendo consoles!

Last edited by TheRenegadist,

P4wn4g3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to know whether it's worth staying on version 3.0 for casual uses at this point. I don't do any development for hacks, but if there is software available to load custom firmwares or an ability to load a service/file that disables the need for updates in new games or dowbloads I'd like to know before I decide to update when I inevitably need to update. Any news on that front? Topics here seem to indicate that it could be some time before that happens, and the games that have been announced are sure to be released by time this evening matters to end users if that's the case.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, with a little bit of effort anyone can get one now.

Except if you're in Japan, RIP
A moment of silence for those in Japan.
I'd like to know whether it's worth staying on version 3.0 for casual uses at this point. I don't do any development for hacks, but if there is software available to load custom firmwares or an ability to load a service/file that disables the need for updates in new games or dowbloads I'd like to know before I decide to update when I inevitably need to update. Any news on that front? Topics here seem to indicate that it could be some time before that happens, and the games that have been announced are sure to be released by time this evening matters to end users if that's the case.
Definitely no news on CFW, and probably won't be for a while. As for FW spoofing also no news yet. Spoofing won't be as easy as wii u and 3ds because of nintendo having the ability to change keys between firmwares, which means future games will require those keys to work.

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I May be the only one that feels like this but eh ..

They should leave the sytem alone o.o ITS TOO NEW ..
Maybe do the hacking but don't release stuff to the public ..
its just gonna agravate Nintendo who may take harder actions this time ..
I don't have a switch yet, but I wouldn't want to mod it anytime soon...
just think all you holding your system back from great things for some hack you think may open up free games and whatever,
You don't know one day it could be like boom Nintendo puts out a update that say adds a browser or themes like 3DS im sure they will evntually do something big ..
then you gotta decide between a hack that most lilely cant do much or new features .. The later updated systems always get hack yes it takes a long time but least by then theres tons to play with ..

I normally Jump for joy for mods and hacks ..

This is a new system and already is cracked open.. I was actually mixed emotions when i saw that ..
I really hope they save many of ther findings behind close curtains so Nintendo Can't patch them and down the line once worth modding then break the wall down ..
I feel its like Jailbreak give to many things out you have nothing to use when it could really be useful ..

I congratulate them, pretty dang bright to crack it open so fast ..Just save your findings for when the system is older ..

What Nintendo Doesn't know is good then they cant patch it then later on it can be released ..

senas8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I May be the only one that feels like this but eh ..

They should leave the sytem alone o.o ITS TOO NEW ..
Maybe do the hacking but don't release stuff to the public ..
its just gonna agravate Nintendo who may take harder actions this time ..
I don't have a switch yet, but I wouldn't want to mod it anytime soon...
just think all you holding your system back from great things for some hack you think may open up free games and whatever,
You don't know one day it could be like boom Nintendo puts out a update that say adds a browser or themes like 3DS im sure they will evntually do something big ..
then you gotta decide between a hack that most lilely cant do much or new features .. The later updated systems always get hack yes it takes a long time but least by then theres tons to play with ..

I normally Jump for joy for mods and hacks ..

This is a new system and already is cracked open.. I was actually mixed emotions when i saw that ..
I really hope they save many of ther findings behind close curtains so Nintendo Can't patch them and down the line once worth modding then break the wall down ..
I feel its like Jailbreak give to many things out you have nothing to use when it could really be useful ..

I congratulate them, pretty dang bright to crack it open so fast ..Just save your findings for when the system is older ..

What Nintendo Doesn't know is good then they cant patch it then later on it can be released ..

Joke post?
Yeah... NO.. adding a browser or themes .. I'm not stupid enough to update for an update that silly. Lol.

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joke post?
Yeah... NO.. adding a browser or themes .. I'm not stupid enough to update for an update that silly. Lol.

SILLY dear god I guess I have more wants then the rest of you o.o NO THAT WAS NOT A JOKE POST
I want to see the switch get a browser to test out my idea on Minecraft moding which im not going into ..
I want to see themes and yes id update for those features ..
at the moment i dont have a switch but ive learned from 3ds and wiiu and wii and ds they ALL get hacked at later updates sometimes bringing better features pushing those on older firm to update ..
why stay back . if its for some little hope you can get free games -_- go away this is a great time for nintendo and the devs need all the money they can get !! they will make more too ...
if for homebrew then fine but still ITS TOO EARLY ..
no I do not like this hacking thing and I HOPE it doesnt get far at this moment !

senas8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh my .. your entitled to your opinion. " little hope for free games ..go away"? Lady I have 2 switches and bought most games on both systems on 2 different accounts.. no waiting for free games here. You don't have a right to ass u M .. I want free games.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

WiiFoundLove

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Definitely no news on CFW, and probably won't be for a while. As for FW spoofing also no news yet. Spoofing won't be as easy as wii u and 3ds because of nintendo having the ability to change keys between firmwares, which means future games will require those keys to work.
If I understand it right, CTU is a switch emulator that can run system modules. So in theroy we should be able to crate an updateable emulator that can run original firmwares. So we could extract the keys (cause we are running an emulator, not a switch), inject them into the switch, spoof should be working this way, except eFuses or something else would make problems...

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I understand it right, CTU is a switch emulator that can run system modules. So in theroy we should be able to crate an updateable emulator that can run original firmwares. So we could extract the keys (cause we are running an emulator, not a switch), inject them into the switch, spoof should be working this way, except eFuses or something else would make problems...
technically that emulator lays the groundwork to also make a game-playing emulator for switch.
But from my understanding you need the latest keys in order to dump the firmware in a way that can be used with CTU. I'm just going from my understanding and could be wrong, don't quote me. Someone who actually knows could probably tell us.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technically that emulator lays the groundwork to also make a game-playing emulator for switch.
But from my understanding you need the latest keys in order to dump the firmware in a way that can be used with CTU. I'm just going from my understanding and could be wrong, don't quote me. Someone who actually knows could probably tell us.

They're changing more than just the keys, the system was recompiled with 3.0.1. You'd need a major new hole to apply much more than cursory knowledge from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1.

ertre

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just so that it's clear to me. Is this something to run out and buy a switch over or is it more of a storm in a glass?
Especially since I'd pretty much be buying it for the assurance of the option of it being hackable and used for pirating in the future.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so that it's clear to me. Is this something to run out and buy a switch over or is it more of a storm in a glass?
Especially since I'd pretty much be buying it for the assurance of the option of it being hackable and used for pirating in the future.
No one's really sure yet. But I'd say go buy one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)