Hacking How transfer XCI from pc to Switch ?

Tadden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
EDIT SOLUTION FIND:
Worked with a usb c-b cable
Just install DBI then run mtp responder, it open switch folder in ur pc and copy xci files in microsd install folder
Wait and that it, the game is here and work
thanks for the help guys

ORIGINAL POST:
Hi everyone, my switch was taking dust since 2017 and i past the last 24h learning wtf i was doing to my switch, now i have question
I did the emummc thing but what it is for ? should i let in on the sd card ? should i start atmosphere with the normal atmosphere or emummc atmosphere ?
I tried different things for transfer xci game with tinfoil and nut but nothing is working it said my usb is not connected, what is the way for ez xpi tranfer to the switch ?
All i want is launch the new game on my switch with the less step possible
thanks for the help
(every thing i have install is latest version)

Last edited by Tadden,

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most will tell you to use DBI. Personally, I really like the NX-USB Loader. If you have the Awoo installer, which you should, all you have ro do is boot up NX-USB Loader on a PC, plug in your Switch, boot Awoo, go to USB Install, select the file from your PC, click to send it, and install. Super easy, very fast, and pretty reliable.

Tadden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Most will tell you to use DBI. Personally, I really like the NX-USB Loader. If you have the Awoo installer, which you should, all you have ro do is boot up NX-USB Loader on a PC, plug in your Switch, boot Awoo, go to USB Install, select the file from your PC, click to send it, and install. Super easy, very fast, and pretty reliable.
ok lets try this thanks u dude
Post automatically merged:

so i have boot awoo installer and lauch ns ubsloader but awoo say usb not connected :(
I use a usb c to c cable
The only way i can acces my sd files are in kekate>tools>usb>sd and it open on files exploring

I tried switching to a usbc-b cable, this time the switch is detected and charging, was not charging with my usbc-c cable.
But awoo still say usb no connected

Last edited by Tadden,

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, you may want to do some reading on keeping a clean sysNAND since it seems like you're still figuring things out and you may later regret getting banned if you want to play online.

As for the easiest way to transfer an XCI file from PC to Switch: Simply take out your sd card (after turning off the Switch), put it in your PC, drag & drop the file onto your SD card. It's as easy as that. Then boot up your emuNAND and install the game using Tinfoil.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok lets try this thanks u dude

so i have boot awoo installer and lauch ns ubsloader but awoo say usb not connected :(
I use a usb c to c cable
The only way i can acces my sd files are in kekate>tools>usb>sd and it open on files exploring

I tried switching to a usbc-b cable, this time the switch is detected and charging, was not charging with my usbc-c cable.
But awoo still say usb no connected

You probably need libusk driver for awoo, you can get the sd card mount with DBI mtp.

Tadden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Firstly, you may want to do some reading on keeping a clean sysNAND since it seems like you're still figuring things out and you may later regret getting banned if you want to play online.

As for the easiest way to transfer an XCI file from PC to Switch: Simply take out your sd card (after turning off the Switch), put it in your PC, drag & drop the file onto your SD card. It's as easy as that. Then boot up your emuNAND and install the game using Tinfoil.
what u mean is a clean sysNAND ?
I tried this but the file is too big cause it's fat32 thing

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this but the file is too big cause it's fat32 thing

Clean Sysnand mean you never installed any pirated games/ran any homebrew on sysnand, sysnand CFW share the NAND with OFW, you suppose to do usb install not dragging file on to the SD card.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sadly you can't copy a full XCI if it's 4gb+ to a FAT32.
if it's possible, DBI with MTP (Inbuilt in DBI) is the easiest way to install a XCI from PC to Switch now days.

I highly recommend that method.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the emummc thing but what it is for ? should i let in on the sd card ? should i start atmosphere with the normal atmosphere or emummc atmosphere ?

emuMMC, also called emuNAND, is a separate copy of your Switch's storage. You can have a separate firmware on there, different games, different settings, etc. The idea is that you do all of your hacking stuff in emuMMC and then when you want to play online, you can boot back into sysMMC, and Nintendo will be none the wiser. Otherwise, if you hack in sysNAND (or connect to Nintendo's servers in emuNAND), Nintendo will notice it and ban your system.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The USB cord is more important than you think. I've never gotten it to work with USB-C to USB-C.

Use the original Switch USB-C cord, and that may fix it. Make sure you have the updated drivers.

Tadden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sadly you can't copy a full XCI if it's 4gb+ to a FAT32.
if it's possible, DBI with MTP (Inbuilt in DBI) is the easiest way to install a XCI from PC to Switch now days.

I highly recommend that method.
DBI was not working with my usbc-c cable but now im transfering the xci with a usb c-b it's seems working on dbi thanks !

emuMMC, also called emuNAND, is a separate copy of your Switch's storage. You can have a separate firmware on there, different games, different settings, etc. The idea is that you do all of your hacking stuff in emuMMC and then when you want to play online, you can boot back into sysMMC, and Nintendo will be none the wiser. Otherwise, if you hack in sysNAND (or connect to Nintendo's servers in emuNAND), Nintendo will notice it and ban your system.
ok so in hekate> launch i always choose emummc atmosphere ?
how do i clean my sysNAND if i have done bad thing on it ?

Reactions: linuxares

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DBI was not working with my usbc-c cable but now im transfering the xci with a usb c-b it's seems working on dbi thanks !

ok so in hekate> launch i always choose emummc atmosphere ?
how do i clean my sysNAND if i have done bad thing on it ?
you are installing the xci not just transfering it to your switch's storage?

Tadden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
btw i did the dns change and something else like changing serial number i think

you are installing the xci not just transfering it to your switch's storage?
idk, i boot dbi>run MTP it open a file on pc and i copy the xci in microsd install and im waiting the end of transfer atm

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
btw i did the dns change and something else like changing serial number i think

idk, i boot dbi>run MTP it open a file on pc and i copy the xci in microsd install and im waiting the end of transfer atm
will be installing the file then

Tadden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
in the folder microsd install its wrote PLACE XCI HERE so i think its here ^^
Thanks for the help guys awesome and fast community
what i can i do now for my "syNAND" i dont really know what is and how to clean it

and should i always launch atmosphere emummc so ? not just atmosphere?

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i can i do now for my "syNAND" i dont really know what is and how to clean it
If you've already done hacking on sysNAND, there is no cleaning it. You just have to cross your fingers and hope Nintendo doesn't notice. The only exception would be if you took a backup of your NAND before hacking and haven't connected to the Internet since. In that case, you could restore your NAND backup. However, I think this may be beyond your current level of expertise. My advice would be to just ignore sysNAND for now and revisit the topic in several weeks/months once you've done a lot more reading and are familiar with the matter.
and should i always launch atmosphere emummc? not just atmosphere?
Correct. Always run Atmosphere on emuMMC. There can very specific circumstances in which you would want to run Atmosphere on sysNAND, but don't worry about any of those right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro