Homebrew How to use HBL on 11.3 (A9LH+Luma)

Beakershell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I can get into Homebrew with both soundhax method and HBL cia method. I'm at 11.3 and v6.6 Luma (DEV) thou, so I wanna know what is the "normal" and "latest hourly build" different from each other.
Is it like what its name suggested? This build updates quicker or "hourly" but MAY not be as stable as the "normal version"?

edit: How the hell I got v6.6 Luma (DEV) thou? Any ways to turn it back to normal mode?

Last edited by Beakershell,

Guigui92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey I tryed it but it doens't work....Eur New 3DS XL 11.3 Sysnand A9LH +Luma (updated to hour version). The 3ds stucks on a red screen on the bottom one

What does the top screen say? Does it go through the checks like normal? If so, that's just a usual issue, it hangs a lot of the time, this is just a temp workaround

I have the same problem with my N3DS XL Eur 11.3 Sysnand A9LH + Luma. The N3DS stucks on a red screen : http://imgur.com/OISQVP1

But with my Old 3DS XL Eur 11.3 Sysnand A9LH + Luma everything works fine at the first launch.

Last edited by Guigui92,

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep 6.6 no issues. Maybe it's using Luma Updater that is causing the issue for you.
The Luma I have on my system was manually copied from the releases git hub page.
I tried Luma Updater once and it caused issues, I kinda don't like it and think it causes problems/does something wrong.
That may be it, though doesn't the updater fetch latest on Release page?
Not entirely sure how it works as I haven't looked at the code

Weird. I copied latest luma arm9loaderhax.bin from github to my Micro SD, still didn't work. Then I used Luma updater to update to latest again and it started working :)
Now this is contridicting the top post I quoted.. I'm so confused xD

I can get into Homebrew with both soundhax method and HBL cia method. I'm at 11.3 and v6.6 Luma (DEV) thou, so I wanna know what is the "normal" and "latest hourly build" different from each other.
Is it like what its name suggested? This build updates quicker or "hourly" but MAY not be as stable as the "normal version"?

edit: How the hell I got v6.6 Luma (DEV) thou? Any ways to turn it back to normal mode?
The hourly build is basically for "testing" or as I like to see them as "quick fixes", the slecific one recently though just stubs out the new GSP patch basically, though this method is no longer needed with HBL 1.3 and 11.3 payloads now.

I have the same problem with my N3DS XL Eur 11.3 Sysnand A9LH + Luma. The N3DS stucks on a red screen : http://imgur.com/OISQVP1

But with my Old 3DS XL Eur 11.3 Sysnand A9LH + Luma everything works fine at the first launch.
It's VERY picky on N3DS systems, the boot failure was 10x worse on my n3ds than o3ds, it has nothing to do with you. C:

Reminder: 1.3HBL cia can be downloaded through TitleDB now in FBI and the new 11.3 payload will autodownload when you run it.

Reactions: Guigui92

Guigui92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's VERY picky on N3DS systems, the boot failure was 10x worse on my n3ds than o3ds, it has nothing to do with you. C:

Reminder: 1.3HBL cia can be downloaded through TitleDB now in FBI and the new 11.3 payload will autodownload when you run it.

So the only thing that I can do it's to wait a future update ?

I have downloaded the 1.3HBL cia from the github. I uninstalled the 1.2HBL from the N3DS and after installed the 1.3HBL. The 11.3 payload was downloaded automatically when I run the HBL.

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have downloaded the 1.3HBL cia from the github. I uninstalled the 1.2HBL from the N3DS and after installed the 1.3HBL. The 11.3 payload was downloaded automatically when I run the HBL.
HBL runs perfectly now with the new launcher and payload, this method isn't exactly needed anymore. lol

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country

How do you uninstall? I only hacked my o3ds xl couple days ago, hbl is 1.2. Not updated the 3ds to 11.3 yet

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you uninstall? I only hacked my o3ds xl couple days ago, hbl is 1.2. Not updated the 3ds to 11.3 yet
Open FBI, go down to Titles, find hblauncher_loader v1.2, press A and delete title. Then go back to the main menu of FBI and go to TitleDB and find hblauncher_loader v1.3 and install it.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,
Reactions: Guigui92

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
(After I updated Luma to the latest hourly build) I updated to 11.3 and then updated the HBL. I don't think it matters when you update the HBL though. The update doesn't touch any CIAs installed.

Thank will eventually get around to this :)
First need to finish the 2ds(11.0), I've done it upto the ctrtransfer then restore part. Not updated to 11.3 or injected the fbi into the h&s etc., should I update first or inject the fbi? The guide says to update, but wasn't it written before the 11.3 update?

Guigui92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank will eventually get around to this :)
First need to finish the 2ds(11.0), I've done it upto the ctrtransfer then restore part. Not updated to 11.3 or injected the fbi into the h&s etc., should I update first or inject the fbi? The guide says to update, but wasn't it written before the 11.3 update?

Update to 11.3 after all the instructions in the guide. It (the guide) was updated after the 11.2 update. So when it ask to do an update just bypass this step and continue and after you have done all the steps you can do the upgrade to 11.3.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
Update to 11.3 after all the instructions in the guide. It (the guide) was updated after the 11.2 update. So when it ask to do an update just bypass this step and continue and after you have done all the steps you can do the upgrade to 11.3.

Ok will do.
Also have a n3ds xl which I was planning on keeping unhacked, but getting tempted to hack it also. However I'm kind of worried about the nnid and eshop access being lost along with my digital games.

jucaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just use homebrew to run FTPD server from Mtheall.
Installed the ftpd cia yesterday. If i update to the new fw will i still be able to use ftpd cia and jksm cia without updating the hbl?

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
(After I updated Luma to the latest hourly build) I updated to 11.3 and then updated the HBL. I don't think it matters when you update the HBL though. The update doesn't touch any CIAs installed.

well thanks for your help, I've updated both the o3ds xl and the 2ds. needed to update the hbl on the o3ds xl as it was v1.2 when I hacked it, but had the newer version for the 2ds. I've not deleted the old payloads, showing the 11.3 and the older ones in fbi. hbl seems to be loading even without deleting the old one so I've left it.

now just need to decide what to do with the n3ds xl(hack or not) :)

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just use homebrew to run FTPD server from Mtheall.
Installed the ftpd cia yesterday. If i update to the new fw will i still be able to use ftpd cia and jksm cia without updating the hbl?
Yes, most if not all cia work, the only one I have troubles with is the FFE save editor, but FTPd and JKSM work fine for me on my old and new 3ds

Reactions: jucaa

MattioDavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This works on both New and Old

11.3 Payloads now available!
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/830283324811653120
people getting hit with error d8e17406 should use soundhax or this method.

bootanim users: be sure to backup your bootanim a9lh file prior to doing this as the updater overwrites the main a9lh on the root of the SD.

This keeps getting asked, so here's a little guide so those on CFW don't have to wait for updated payloads.

This can ALL be done via your 3DS, no computer required.

> install Luma Updater cia
Open FBI, go into TitlesDB, download "Luma3DS Updater"

> Open the newly installed cia and click "Install latest hourly build"
> Go into FBI
> Navigate to SD>hblauncherloader
> Click on "OLD-11-2-0-35-TWN.bin" (It may say something different for you)
> Rename to something like this "OLD-11-3-0-36-TWN.bin" (Of course leave it as your region/3ds model)
> DONE!

Freezing?
If it goes through all the normal checks but hangs, this isn't your fault, it just takes a few tries sometimes.
========================
I'm having a problem opening up the file..
qGu1n

I don't get what is going on...
I'm using Winwar to open this!
http://imgur.com/a/qGu1n

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!