Hacking [How-to] Upgrade your old3ds from 4.1-8.1 to 9.2.0-20

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Will this also help me update my New3DS from 9.0 to 9.2?

Also, is there a way so that I can install the new Home Menu (for amiibo support) from 9.3, but still at 9.0-9.2?

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, tried with Sysnand on RXMode, in a certain point it blackscreened, and then, brick... Well, maybe something is wrong with the program or maybe 3DSNUS, but DON'T try this without pasta.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A friend of mine tell me another way to update the 3ds to 9.2.you format the emunand first,then update it to 9.2.0 20 with cia.Then back up the emunand with emunandtools.Then you can use it to restore the 3ds sysnand to 9.2.0-20.You can try it

Will try with my hardmoded 3DS, later, since I'm hardmodding another one right now, thanks for the advice.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine tell me another way to update the 3ds to 9.2.you format the emunand first,then update it to 9.2.0 20 with cia.Then back up the emunand with emunandtools.Then you can use it to restore the 3ds sysnand to 9.2.0-20.You can try it
I've tried that and also tried with gwcto update via ROM and got a black screen brick both times. Pasta and sysupdater worked flawlessly though for me.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm doing this guide because a lot of peoples asked how to do that recently.
I won't talk about the n3ds because ninjhax (which is required for the pasta cfw) doesn't work on 8.1J, and there's is no point in upgrading a 9.0 n3ds.

1. Download and launch 3DNUS
2. Type 9.2.0-20 in title id, and your region in version (EUR, USA or JPN)
3. It will create a 9.2.0-20 folder and download a bunch of cias in it, while it's downloading, download sysupdater (don't use the 0.4b version or you'll brick your console, 0.4 is safe though) and put the cia version on your sd card, then create a 'updates' folder in your sdcard root.
4. After the download finished, copy all the cias files from the 9.2.0-20 folder to the updates folder
5. Start Pasta, install sysupdater.
6. Launch sysupdater then follow the instructions

PS : If you're on 4.X, you can also use PBT instead of Pasta, but never upgrade while in gateway mode or you'll likely brick your console.

Mirror link for sysupdater : http://jheberg.net/captcha/sysupdater-03/
Hey, like your tut. You may want to add in big red letters that you shouldn't ever use rxtools for this, unless they mod it to have a native_firm disabled mode. As it is now its like gw where it loads the firm from file and updating with sysupdater breaks it.

I have a hardmod temporarily soldered on whilst I troubleshoot this, but I'm assuming I'll need to downgrade to 4.x with Gw's launcher again. Set up FBI with rxtools, then mset pasta and load that to update.
I was trying to use just retools because it has a spider launcher and didn't require me to downgrade from 5.1 again

This should probably be common sense but newbs like me tend to be lacking that... Apparently even tho I've used mods for like 7 systems.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, like your tut. You may want to add in big red letters that you shouldn't ever use rxtools for this, unless they mod it to have a native_firm disabled mode. As it is now its like gw where it loads the firm from file and updating with sysupdater breaks it.

I have a hardmod temporarily soldered on whilst I troubleshoot this, but I'm assuming I'll need to downgrade to 4.x with Gw's launcher again. Set up FBI with rxtools, then mset pasta and load that to update.
I was trying to use just retools because it has a spider launcher and didn't require me to downgrade from 5.1 again
Yeah, I just tried with rxtools and bricked as well, I'm trying to find a way to boot pasta with mset without Cubic Ninja for people who still want to do this but only have a 3ds.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I just tried with rxtools and bricked as well, I'm trying to find a way to boot pasta with mset without Cubic Ninja for people who still want to do this but only have a 3ds.
Can't you downgrade with gateways launcher, use said launcher to install mset (the nvram option) then swap their launcher for pastas?

You don't need the gw cart to use their launcher, the downgrade or nvram options

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This should probably be common sense but newbs like me tend to be lacking that... Apparently even tho I've used mods for like 7 systems.

You could try it with cakes CFW, i believe you can pick which patches you want enabled/disabled.

Spzjulien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i dont understand i have 4.5 o3DS XL (i updated this 3ds in the past with ACNL card to 4.5 FW)
i type 9.2.0-20 and EUR inside 3DNUS
i got 9.2.0-20 directory, then use sysUpdater 4.1 cia

and now my 3DS XL is updated but to 9.0.0-20E not 9.2.0-20E

any clue ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1