Hacking How to softmod your PSP v3

Was this guide helpful and easy to follow?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
  • New version of PSP Ident (7.0), has support for later 3000 and Go motherboard info.
    http://lan.st/showpost.php?p=20751&postcount=35
  • You can use the 6.20, 6.31, and 6.35 HENs to run stuff like PSPident now to check the motherboard version.
  • 6.x HENs are "the new custom firmware" for those past 5.03 with no downgrade ability, you can run the Prometheus ISO Loader to run ISO/CSO files on them now. Anything up to 6.35 is now semi-hackable just like 5.03 GEN-C, though GEN-C has more features right now, the 6.x hacks are in active development... so this sort of splits the semi-hack scene in two. One side that will stick with 5.03 until 6.x is up to par, and the other that will go to 6.x (or has no choice but to use 6.x) right now. Check the FAQ to sort of see how I handled it, it's kinda' messy.
  • The 6.20 HEN allows downgrading without a pandora.
    Tutorial here.
    Here's a chart for you to use for people to determine if their 6.20 PSP can downgrade to 5.03 (which is the only sensible downgrade anyways).
    generationcheck.gif

• Feel free to take the hacking/firmware/motherboard charts from my FAQ if you want, they're made to be helpful.

rberger3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to the scene and am going to buy a psp 1001 for $50 with a charger. (just fyi) anyways wanted to make sure if i follow the sticky that i don't need any pandora battery or magic memory stick? I am unsure of the firmware but the guy selling it told me it won't play newer games because of some error. I can only assume that means he hasn't updated to the newest or newer firmwares so it should still be an old one.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Some error could be anything...a UMD issue, Memory stick not reading etc...it may even already be on an earlier CFW.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Likely its on 5.00 M33-6 or older. It won't play past that unless you update to 5.50 GEN D3 and then to Prom-4 (should work but I've had troubles on my 1003 no matter how many times Xist says its my mem stick it isn't)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's specific to something you're doing or your hardware though....

rberger3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AS soon as he send me the error code i'll let you know. I appreciate all the help. Getting this because my GF has been hooked on the old ps2 kingdom hearts 1 & 2 and has been waiting forever for something on the ps3 to come out. Then she found out they had one on psp and now i have to get it
rolleyes.gif

rberger3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so the guy says it has 3.53 m33 firmware. he has not responded with the error. I assume m33 means it's already modded, so if it's not a hardware error does it just need to be updated?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep...you just need to update to a newer Custom Firmware, either M33, GEN or Prometheus.

rberger3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume they all have advantages and disadvantages. SHould i just stay on m33, or move to one of the others? Is it pretty easy to update or move to another one?

rberger3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i purchased the psp, it didn't have a mem stick in it, so i bought a 2gig pro duo. I am trying to follow hellcats guide but on the first step it says to place the recovery folder under psp/game folder. When i look at my psp on my computer all i see is memstick.ind and MSTK_pro.ind

What should i be doing?

Rogue_Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon my noobishness. Going to attempt to try and put cfw on my friends psp. He has the phat 1000 series just on firmware 6.35 I did my own but it was lower than 5.03 so no problem Im just kinda lost on where to start with his.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to say thanks for the informative guide. I recently bought a PSP 3000 and am accustomed to PSP 2000 with Gen, so I had no idea how to set up a 3000. The links were helpful.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Slyakin said:
Are you ever going to update this FAQ to show how to hack a PSP Go?
Yes.
I'm busy with college so I've not been on my computer much so any help is appreciated rather than moaning.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prwlr. said:
Slyakin said:
Are you ever going to update this FAQ to show how to hack a PSP Go?
Yes.
I'm busy with college so I've not been on my computer much so any help is appreciated rather than moaning.
Well excuse me.

In fact, I can already give you a copy and paste guide to hacking a PSP Go with 6.20.

I'll PM you if you want.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I'd rather not copy and paste other peoples work.
I'll have time tomorrow or Friday to work on this guide.

v3 incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol