Hacking how to put parts of roms together using winrar?

andytr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
could anyone please tell me how to do the above?

I have just got a r4i 3ds deluxe card which I have managed to set up ok ( I used to have a r4 card for ds but am very rusty)

I am struggling to find roms to download that are in 1 complete file and instead have many parts that need putting together as one.

I have looked into doing this and found a site saying that I can go into WinRAR, highlight all the rar files and click extract to make 1 file. I have tried this but there seem to be other parts of the file (ie r41 file) aswell as the rar files. do I highlight these aswell or just the rar files?

thanks

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are like .rar, .rar00, .rar01, etc you can just open the first one (.rar) and extract. WinRar will take care of the rest.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And if there is no .rar extension on any of them, and it's just numbers like .001, .002, etc... You need to use something like HJSplit to join them.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
While the guy above me is right, I've only ever seen that once in my life (and solved it without any external programs using copy /b), and it's probably rare enough that you can just delete it and get the same rom from a different source. Also, for reference, 7zip can open these split rar files as well by just attempting to extract the single .rar file.

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And if there is no .rar extension on any of them, and it's just numbers like .001, .002, etc... You need to use something like HJSplit to join them.

Sometimes its possible to change the first file to .rar and then when it asks for the next file just choose whatever one is next in line.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...