How to properly burn Xbox 360 games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Tutorials & FAQs' started by Fudge, May 18, 2011.

May 18, 2011

Mantis41 Mantis41: Mostly Harmless

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Why bounce an 18 month old thread of a overly simplified TUT from a banned member?

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

Message Count:
    United States
    It's in the Tutorial section. He might have either looked, or actually used the search function to see if he could find an answer to his problem. Rather than make a new thread. Which is always a plus in my book.

Edit: When I had the issue you were describing it was my burner. So either get another one, or ask your friend to burn the games for you if you give him the discs.

Editv2: I had a few games burn, and work okay with my old burner. But out of 25 discs only 3 of the games worked. I had a stack of Gear Of War 3 coasters.
    1 people like this.

431unknown Greatness Awaits

Message Count:
    United States
    Yeah, Like Devin has already said just take the plunge and get the new burner. The very low end of the iHas line is all you would need to get. I'm not sure how much it would cost where your at but, here in the States it's top price is around 20$.

When C4E changed things up for XGD3 burning I didn't even try using anything else I went straight for a has burner as soon as he announced that they were the ones to get and never had any problems since. I've only ever burned 3 coasters and that was because of figuring out settings in imgburn.
    • Newcomer

MikeTR New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal
    Haha coasters xD.
    But wow i expected it to be more expensive, guess i'll go for the new drive then, musn't be too hard or expensive to install it on a laptop.
    Thanks for the info guys :D

Hielkenator New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    removed.
    Last edited by Hielkenator, Aug 17, 2014

431unknown Greatness Awaits

Message Count:
    United States
    It's sata, but it will work externally with Something like this. The link is just for a reference you might be able to get it cheaper off of eBay.

Edit: The iHAS drive has to be a REV. B or it won't work btw.

Edit 2: Apparently they are no longer making any REV. B's and Liteon now has a REV. C, so as I had said before make sure before you buy one that it is a REV. B.

SPONSORED LINKS