Hacking How to prevent Save Corruption in M3 Kaura

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
make a topic of it in case some people don;t see it elsewhere

To prevent save corruption in M3 Kaura, rename all your saves files extension from .sav to .SAV and happy gaming!

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
thats odd, the new supercard firmware EOS has the same problem, which is based on acekard rpg firmware, and this looks alot like the acekard firmware......

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank alot this will come in handy
smile.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
Was your save already corrupted?
I tested with new super mario bros and my rom played fine and saved etc.

It was originally corrupted and I replaced it with my backup from before I put on Kaura.

I think this may only be working for you guys because you originally had it corrupted and then replaced it with the .SAV backup, while in reality I think that would have worked whether or not you renamed it.

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it with Sands of Destruction and it worked. I only copied my .sav to my computer in the event that it doesn't work. Other than that, I never changed it.

It didn't work with Platinum and Soul Silver.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well it worked for all my games so far. Like Chibi-Robo I was having problems with and that one works fine now...yay

Excellentnuke said:
I tried it with Sands of Destruction and it worked. I only copied my .sav to my computer in the event that it doesn't work. Other than that, I never changed it.

It didn't work with Platinum and Soul Silver.
My Pokemon Platinum and Soul Silver are working fine

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow ok so I just ran Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations through Sakura with my perfectly normal sav (it wasn't even .SAV it was regular .sav), I went into the RTS menu, soft reset to Kaura, then ran it in Kaura. It didn't try creating a new save, nor did it corrupt my current save. BUT when the game came up the only option I had was "New Game".

I went out of that and it worked perfectly in Sakura again...

EDIT: I also think I know why dsrules had problems saving game settings for some games. I think it may be because of Sakura's global settings and how it likes to lock settings in place if it's on.

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@DeltaBurnt, after your save file was corrupted in Kaura, you copied a working backup sav file over to your microsd, rename it to SAV then run the game again from the Main Menu and it got corrupted again, right?

the proiblem is, if you run a game from Kaura's Main Menu, and your sav save file got corrupted. then you copy a backup working sav back the to microsd and rename it to SAV, after that, you need to run the game from inside your Game Folder, not from the Main Menu, if you run it from the Main Menu it'll get corrupted again and again.

and the reason the Game Settings are not saved in Kaura could be because the OPT file that Kaura created (only 1FF in hex) is smaller than the OPT file that Sakura & Touchpod created (which is 2FF in hex), it should be the same files files for all 3 systems, but Kaura's fileszie is different (could be a bug) thus Kaura has problem handling OPT settings.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
@DeltaBurnt, after your save file was corrupted in Kaura, you copied a working backup sav file over to your microsd, rename it to SAV then run the game again from the Main Menu and it got corrupted again, right?

the proiblem is, if you run a game from Kaura's Main Menu, and your sav save file got corrupted. then you copy a backup working sav back the to microsd and rename it to SAV, after that, you need to run the game from inside your Game Folder, not from the Main Menu, if you run it from the Main Menu it'll get corrupted again and again.

and the reason the Game Settings are not saved in Kaura could be because the OPT file that Kaura created (only 1FF in hex) is smaller than the OPT file that Sakura & Touchpod created (which is 2FF in hex), it should be the same files files for all 3 systems, but Kaura's fileszie is different (could be a bug) thus Kaura has problem handling OPT settings.

By run the game inside my game folder do you mean use the browsing function to launch it instead of the recently run list? If you mean that then that's what I was doing from the beginning.

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, you need to click on the NDS icon and load the game from there after replacing the corrupt sav with SAV
if you run the game again from the Main Menu after replacing the SAV file, it'll corrupt again..this only applies to the game that's on your Recent Game box

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
yes, you need to click on the NDS icon and load the game from there after replacing the corrupt sav with SAV
if you run the game again from the Main Menu after replacing the SAV file, it'll corrupt again..this only applies to the game that's on your Recent Game box

That's what I did, I replaced the sav with a SAV and ran it via the NDS icon loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o