Tutorial  Updated

How to install Retrix (Retroarch/Libretro port) for Xbox One

Prerequisite - Requires Dev mode to be activated so you can sideloadd apps. If you don't already have it you can find more information here. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-activate-dev-mode-your-xbox-one-console

libretro_logo.jpg

Retrix(LibretroRT) is a massive project aimed at porting all libretro cores to UWP. It currently supports Nes,Snes,Sega Master System,Sega Game gear, Sega CD, sg 1000, Playstation, Gameboy, Gameboy advance, and many more to be ported soon. This guide will cover installing Retrix for your xbox one console.

[1.] Download ProjectPgeasus (If you already have ProjectPegasus this step doesn't apply)
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/raw/master/ProjectPegasusSetup.exe

[2.] Once Installed just open it up and select RetriX. Now just wait for it to download. All you have to do now is Sideload Retrix on to your Xbox One (If you don't know how, follow the full guide here https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/blob/master/binaries/Installing APPX Packages.pdf )

[3.] Enjoy! :yayone:

TEcaQY6.png

Retrix brings with it support for local 2 player something we have not had until now. It also opens the floodgates to every single emulator that is currently inside the scope of the libretro project. You can see a full list here https://github.com/libretro

I had been sitting on releasing Retrix for quite a bit now but it has finally reached a point where it is stable enough for release. Credit goes to Albertofustonini for creating and maintaining the Retrix Project. Credit also goes to @kingtut for advocating for a Libretro/Retroarch port for Xbox One. You can follow current development on the official github page https://github.com/Aftnet/LibretroRT

Last edited by wiired24,

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is next step for Retrix? Which console will be add?

Id love everything we currently have to be perfected as much as possible ie playstation but adding n64 and the likes of saturn and dreamcast would be amazing, aswell as a few tweaks here and there such as mapping your own controls being able to use analog sticks for certain games would be nice also. Im certainly not complaining i think the current status alone is amazing!!!!

americanwolf69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wants
Atari 2600,
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Atari 8-Bit
Atari ST
Atari Lynx
Atari Jaguar
ColecoVision,
Commodore 64
Amiga
Intelivision
MAME
3DO
Sega Saturn
Dreamcast
Sega 32x
Nintendo 64
Virtual Boy
PSP(Yes Retrix version, one less app on dev mode :P)
ZXSpectrum,
MS-Dos
Everything i wanna see, as Retrix can handle it all!!

Maybe?

Playstation 2 (A Freaking Shot in the Dark) but i can dream !!
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Game Cube

Nintendo 3DS(Citra?, yes i know current DS is fucked up, but should be fixed soon)
These are the main ones that i want the most even though they are shots in the dark, as i never seen these on any type of emulation machine yet.

And Current Stuff we have.

Nintendo
Super Nintendo
Game Boy
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Sega Genesis
Sega CD
Sega Game Gear
Sega Master System
Neo Geo
Neo Geo Pocket
Neo Geo Pocket Color
Fireburn Alpha
Wanderswan
Wanderswan Color
Playstation(Needs work)
Nintendo DS (Needs work)
Turbo Graffix 16

and I probably missed some shit

Last edited by americanwolf69,

STAINLESS

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
with dev mode and emulators installed etc. If I sold my xbox one, would the new owner be able to play the roms? or is it linked to my xbox account only?

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with dev mode and emulators installed etc. If I sold my xbox one, would the new owner be able to play the roms? or is it linked to my xbox account only?

Whatever files you have on the system are stored either on the Internal (Or External depending where you keep your files). If you sold your XB1 the files would still be there

Reactions: STAINLESS

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would imagine so yeah and then do everything needed through the portal to install apx files etc but all the roms would be there.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ah ignore me go with what wiired24 says :bow:

STAINLESS

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have an xbox one and an xbox one s, looking to sell to help pay for an xbox one x.
Was considering if I could give them a little more selling power by advertising with the working emulators/roms ready to go.

Reactions: wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an xbox one and an xbox one s, looking to sell to help pay for an xbox one x.
Was considering if I could give them a little more selling power by advertising with the working emulators/roms ready to go.

Just leave your Xbox One as it is right now. Instruct them on how to switch over to dev mode so they can play emulators and homebrew etc and you're good to go.

Reactions: STAINLESS

NiCE77

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I tried FinalBurn Alpha, but in some games the screen is rotated 90 degrees, eg Donkey Kong, 1941, Centipede, etc.
How can I rotate back to the normal direction?

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Had the same problem with the likes of contra, unfortunately retrix doesn't have many options available like control mapping or anything really so I doubt very much anything can be done I spent hours trying to figure this out. I wish the analog sticks could be used also as I think with quite a lot of the final burn alpha and neo geo games this would be a preferred control method. But trust me if it can be changed you will have a response from someone with the know how very shortly.

achandab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. Where can I donate to developer for this awesome emulator
2. Is there any way to transfer the app from Dev mode to retail mode? Or does that need to go through MS approval?
3. Just tested a few ROMs and Suoer Mario World on SNES has a tiny lag which makes it unplayable as a Twitch game. I noticed previously another user said Suoer Mario World was playable. So is there any settings I need to tweak or is everyone having a little lag with it and SNES ROMs in general?

Thanks in advance. Keep up the great work

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Where can I donate to developer for this awesome emulator
2. Is there any way to transfer the app from Dev mode to retail mode? Or does that need to go through MS approval?
3. Just tested a few ROMs and Suoer Mario World on SNES has a tiny lag which makes it unplayable as a Twitch game. I noticed previously another user said Suoer Mario World was playable. So is there any settings I need to tweak or is everyone having a little lag with it and SNES ROMs in general?

Thanks in advance. Keep up the great work
1. https://www.patreon.com/aftnet
2. no unless it was in the store which is not gonna happen
3. are you using ntsc or pal for smw?

Reactions: achandab

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the reply mate. Using NTSC I think. Should I try PAL?
not unless you want to but ntsc is normally the one that has the least problems when it comes to emulators

i have no idea what could be wrong maybe its the core you should check if the problem exists on pc

SnakeEater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have psx bin/cue Format change since the last Version ?
Because the emu dont find my playsi games , i wanted to try a few games out.

RenatoAlencar

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there, folks! I'm new to using Retrix on Xbox One. Is there anyway to save in-game, or is it only possible through save states? If there is, should I close Retrix in any specific way to preserve the save? I closed it using the Home button and then Quit. When I opened the same game again, the save wasn't there. Thank you for your time!

Last edited by RenatoAlencar,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...