Tutorial  Updated

How to install Retrix (Retroarch/Libretro port) for Xbox One

Prerequisite - Requires Dev mode to be activated so you can sideloadd apps. If you don't already have it you can find more information here. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-activate-dev-mode-your-xbox-one-console

libretro_logo.jpg

Retrix(LibretroRT) is a massive project aimed at porting all libretro cores to UWP. It currently supports Nes,Snes,Sega Master System,Sega Game gear, Sega CD, sg 1000, Playstation, Gameboy, Gameboy advance, and many more to be ported soon. This guide will cover installing Retrix for your xbox one console.

[1.] Download ProjectPgeasus (If you already have ProjectPegasus this step doesn't apply)
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/raw/master/ProjectPegasusSetup.exe

[2.] Once Installed just open it up and select RetriX. Now just wait for it to download. All you have to do now is Sideload Retrix on to your Xbox One (If you don't know how, follow the full guide here https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/blob/master/binaries/Installing APPX Packages.pdf )

[3.] Enjoy! :yayone:

TEcaQY6.png

Retrix brings with it support for local 2 player something we have not had until now. It also opens the floodgates to every single emulator that is currently inside the scope of the libretro project. You can see a full list here https://github.com/libretro

I had been sitting on releasing Retrix for quite a bit now but it has finally reached a point where it is stable enough for release. Credit goes to Albertofustonini for creating and maintaining the Retrix Project. Credit also goes to @kingtut for advocating for a Libretro/Retroarch port for Xbox One. You can follow current development on the official github page https://github.com/Aftnet/LibretroRT

Last edited by wiired24,

fresnorob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Retrix covers most of the old systems at full speed:
nes, sms, snes, gba, PCE, Sega CD, neo-geo etc...
Final Burn alpha in Retrix is pretty dope, probably the best emu so far. I had some slowdowns on CPS-3 games, but overall very good.

- Rom selection is barebones, no software yet to scan and generate/sort lists yet.
- Cannot change controls yet.
- No scanline filters/sizing settings.

PS1 is too slow so far, however it is being worked on.

PPSSPP is better than expected, I got a few games at 3x resolution at 60fps:

Def Jam Vendetta
Warriors Orochi 2
Peggle

Emulator itself has been wildly inconsistent for years compatibility-wise. Some games run great, others will struggle and more won't load at all.

Haven't tested N64.

Dreamcast emu rumored in development (some people say it's BS)
Some people want Dolphin ported.

Personally, I would kill to get Saturn emu up and running, however I don't think it's being worked on.

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Retrix covers most of the old systems at full speed:
nes, sms, snes, gba, PCE, Sega CD, neo-geo etc...
Final Burn alpha in Retrix is pretty dope, probably the best emu so far. I had some slowdowns on CPS-3 games, but overall very good.

- Rom selection is barebones, no software yet to scan and generate/sort lists yet.
- Cannot change controls yet.
- No scanline filters/sizing settings.

PS1 is too slow so far, however it is being worked on.

PPSSPP is better than expected, I got a few games at 3x resolution at 60fps:

Def Jam Vendetta
Warriors Orochi 2
Peggle

Emulator itself has been wildly inconsistent for years compatibility-wise. Some games run great, others will struggle and more won't load at all.

Haven't tested N64.

Dreamcast emu rumored in development (some people say it's BS)
Some people want Dolphin ported.

Personally, I would kill to get Saturn emu up and running, however I don't think it's being worked on.

Thanks for the review about the emulator on Xbox system..

americanwolf69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone came up with the error Not enough space even when you have over 300GB left of storage, i have actually 301.2gb and its giving this message, was seeing if anyone may know how to fix it

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone came up with the error Not enough space even when you have over 300GB left of storage, i have actually 301.2gb and its giving this message, was seeing if anyone may know how to fix it
if you have a hard drive, sometimes he means (not enough space on interior memory)

americanwolf69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have a hard drive, sometimes he means (not enough space on interior memory)

This happens when trying to install roms to my Xbox One's HD for some reason, my external i would install to, but i am not sure how i go about installing my rom to it.

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ive installed roms to my internal via file explorer on retail version, i just copied them across from my external and put them all in folders inside the documents folder. When i go back into dev mode open up retrix and go to documents it shows as empty yet in retail version i can see all my files. Anyone have any ideas why?

americanwolf69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive installed roms to my internal via file explorer on retail version, i just copied them across from my external and put them all in folders inside the documents folder. When i go back into dev mode open up retrix and go to documents it shows as empty yet in retail version i can see all my files. Anyone have any ideas why?

You have to install the roms to your Dev Mode File Manager

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have to install the roms to your Dev Mode File Manager

Haha!!! that actually makes sense didnt think of that why thank you ive been sat here going mental with it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hm kinda interested, i've roms on usb drive ~

how to install in internal ?

Just copy to the internal from your external in file explorer obviously in dev mode learn from my mistakes, i wanted to free up my external hard drive as just soft modded my little ones nintendo wii and desperate to play castlevania adventure rebirth (never got round to it) amongst some others so needed the space

Reactions: wakabayashy

americanwolf69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Becareful with Xbox One's Hard drive though, seems to give not enough space error even when you have 300 gb free space, its my error i am planning on buying me a 4tb HD from wish.com just for xbox one emulation lol, PSP games have a lot of awesomeness, well technically i am buying 4, one for my GF, 2 for me, one for xbox one, one for my retropie, and one for someone for Christmas lol

Last edited by americanwolf69,
Reactions: wakabayashy

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just gone to play some megadrive games and retrix wont recognise the files says folder is empty however nesbox opens the roms fine?? Any ideas why this is im pretty sure all my roms are in bin format which i thought was kinda the standard for md roms

jirkawaggon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Just gone to play some megadrive games and retrix wont recognise the files says folder is empty however nesbox opens the roms fine?? Any ideas why this is im pretty sure all my roms are in bin format which i thought was kinda the standard for md roms

Mega drive games must be in correct format.

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would anybody be kind enough to pm me bios links for ds arm7, ds arm9, ds firmware, pc engine cd, pc-fx and neogeo. Im really struggling to find the correct ones id be eternally gratefull, im spending the entire day sorting all my roms out on my external harddrive and making everything run as smoothly as i can. Thank you in advance :toot:

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would anybody be kind enough to pm me bios links for ds arm7, ds arm9, ds firmware, pc engine cd, pc-fx and neogeo. Im really struggling to find the correct ones id be eternally gratefull, im spending the entire day sorting all my roms out on my external harddrive and making everything run as smoothly as i can. Thank you in advance :toot:

Ok found the ds ones but cant for the life of me find the rest anyone??? Please pm me with help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended