Tutorial  Updated

How to install Retrix (Retroarch/Libretro port) for Xbox One

Prerequisite - Requires Dev mode to be activated so you can sideloadd apps. If you don't already have it you can find more information here. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-activate-dev-mode-your-xbox-one-console

libretro_logo.jpg

Retrix(LibretroRT) is a massive project aimed at porting all libretro cores to UWP. It currently supports Nes,Snes,Sega Master System,Sega Game gear, Sega CD, sg 1000, Playstation, Gameboy, Gameboy advance, and many more to be ported soon. This guide will cover installing Retrix for your xbox one console.

[1.] Download ProjectPgeasus (If you already have ProjectPegasus this step doesn't apply)
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/raw/master/ProjectPegasusSetup.exe

[2.] Once Installed just open it up and select RetriX. Now just wait for it to download. All you have to do now is Sideload Retrix on to your Xbox One (If you don't know how, follow the full guide here https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/blob/master/binaries/Installing APPX Packages.pdf )

[3.] Enjoy! :yayone:

TEcaQY6.png

Retrix brings with it support for local 2 player something we have not had until now. It also opens the floodgates to every single emulator that is currently inside the scope of the libretro project. You can see a full list here https://github.com/libretro

I had been sitting on releasing Retrix for quite a bit now but it has finally reached a point where it is stable enough for release. Credit goes to Albertofustonini for creating and maintaining the Retrix Project. Credit also goes to @kingtut for advocating for a Libretro/Retroarch port for Xbox One. You can follow current development on the official github page https://github.com/Aftnet/LibretroRT

Last edited by wiired24,

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that priority for RETRIX must be following.
1) New core- my wishlist :-)
a) MAME (FBA)
b) Gamecube (yes I know that it is very very difficult)
c) Dreamcast
d) PS2 - https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2
e) Atari A7800 (backward compatibility with A2600) - https://sourceforge.net/projects/emu7800/?source=directory
f) Atari Jaguar
g) Sega Saturn
h) Sega 32X

2) Adjust core (removing of unstability, frame drops etc.)
3.)New features (wide screen, cube/point/anisotropic filtering etc)
Do you agree?

@Absestos may I ask you what is your priority at this moment or what core you plan add at next update? If you writte FBA then you made me very happy men :-)

I would love ps2 core. but It hasn't been ported to retroarch yet. I do not think it can be ported to retrix until then

jirkawaggon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yes, everybody has some wishlist of retro consoles, but it was means that we must focused only on those consoles ( MAME (FBA), Gamecube, Dreamcast, PS2, Atari A7800, Atari Jaguar, Sega Saturn and Sega 32X).

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, everybody has some wishlist of retro consoles, but it was means that we must focused only on those consoles ( MAME (FBA), Gamecube, Dreamcast, PS2, Atari A7800, Atari Jaguar, Sega Saturn and Sega 32X).
IMO i think he isnt taking requests or doing most popular i think hes just implementing whats easiest to port so saying he should focus on 1 thing at a time or whatever isnt gonna change his mind about the next thing he wants on retrix

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i finally got fba to work on retroarch for neo geo and played some neo geo games for the first time and now im gonna request fba as well

mame would be good to but i never played any mame game that i know of
Mame stands for "Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator"... ALL the games that are on FBA are in Mame. Mame itself supports FAR more Arcade games than FBA. It's just FBA is faster and more optimised but if your system has the power Mame would be the Emulator of choice for Arcade games. :)

jirkawaggon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
i finally got fba to work on retroarch for neo geo and played some neo geo games for the first time and now im gonna request fba as well

mame would be good to but i never played any mame game that i know of
It sounds very good. Btw when we can get FBA support on Retrix? Next week?

SnakeEater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
first , i wanted to thank u for the good work with Emulator.
second it would be cool to add some dolphin or pcsx2 support (but i think it will have to be a dream).
but i really think the dreamcast emulator is more realistic to had full speed on games.
maybe we should priorty the realistic like the psx port or the saturn (would be very very nice because i never had the chance to play games like panzer dragon saga) but i think the saturn is maybe dificullt too.

I cant wait for the FBA or Mame Release and i think too the most people wating for this. Should be running fullspeed i think.

But please add fullscreen (16:9) support the emulator or a option to scale i really hate black borders and i think the most people agree with me on this.

i have read that the xbox have some limiation in dev mode , can someone maybe explain why this is so ? With the full Power of the Xbox one the Dolphin and the PCSX2 Emulator should really run well on the most games.

sry for my bad english :blush::ha:

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
first , i wanted to thank u for the good work with Emulator.
second it would be cool to add some dolphin or pcsx2 support (but i think it will have to be a dream).
but i really think the dreamcast emulator is more realistic to had full speed on games.
maybe we should priorty the realistic like the psx port or the saturn (would be very very nice because i never had the chance to play games like panzer dragon saga) but i think the saturn is maybe dificullt too.

I cant wait for the FBA or Mame Release and i think too the most people wating for this. Should be running fullspeed i think.

But please add fullscreen (16:9) support the emulator or a option to scale i really hate black borders and i think the most people agree with me on this.

i have read that the xbox have some limiation in dev mode , can someone maybe explain why this is so ? With the full Power of the Xbox one the Dolphin and the PCSX2 Emulator should really run well on the most games.

sry for my bad english :blush::ha:
I think it was an attempt by m$ to protrct themselves from piracy (and i hate them for it) j/k....kinda. ;)
It is shitty tho. Imagine how good the ps1 emu would run at the FULL unlocked speed of the xbox...assholes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SnakeEater

SnakeEater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks for the fast answer.
hmm i think that makes sense.
maybe they unlock more power for us some day ... i really hope so
or we have to wait the xbox gets hacked but then we cant play online...

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for the fast answer.
hmm i think that makes sense.
maybe they unlock more power for us some day ... i really hope so
or we have to wait the xbox gets hacked but then we cant play online...
I never really cared about online. So i can take it or leave it. But i do hope they come to their senses and up the power allowance to at least 3/4 rather than 1/4

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SnakeEater

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: y