supreme123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Hello, friends !

Some small questions before i try the downgrade:

1. I have Pokemon XY, can I play this game with emunand 9.4 ? This tutorial dont show anything about emunand, thats why I want to know if i need to do the Chaldron emunand 9.4 tuto [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway or i dont need to do anything?

2. After installing the CFW, if I close the 3DSXL (withtout poweroff) do I need to enter in the exploit all again ?

3. How stable is the CFW ? Some people sayed that in 10 tentatives they could access only one time, its true ?

4. USA downgrade firmware is only 4.2, can I play 4.5 cia games with only 4.2 usa firmware ?

5. Last question, just want to confirm the information that the bellow games are 4.5:
- Fire Emblem: awakening;
- Shi megami tensei IV;
- Kid Icarus 3ds;
- Donkey Kong Country Returns;
- Etrian Odissey 4 Usa;

6. Someone tested the cia patched of Zalda Link Betwen worlds ? It works in the CFW ?

mojostyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Did everything that the video told me, but when i try to load the custom firmware near the end, i get a error message saying, "An Error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart.". If i use a different launcher like the mt or gateway launcher those load up fine but the one that is in the cfw folder does not load up."​
I'm having the same problem. wont load after holding, releasing the L button. Im not sure what I did after that. now when I go settings/other settings/profile/nintendo ds profile, while holding "L" it now takes me to ds/dsi settings for adjustment.​
it appears as though I lost the nintendo ds profile exploit. I'm thinking I should restart the entire process, I saved my original Nand. do I simply use the GW exploit and reinstall the back up nand?​
Thanks.​

MrKablamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey bbmax/darkflare69

have made progress, of sorts. I recently bought a 3ds so had v2 firmware, updated to 4.20-4E, couldn't install CFW so read the post about upgrading, went to 6.20-4E and got the 7/7 error, risked a reset rather than restoring nand and it updated the browser to 8E but the same firmware, so 6.20-8E.
its not been ota updated so not sure what I can do, but still can't get the downgrade to complete, always getting the 7/7 00001001 error. really want to get this sorted, but I am still getting stuck bouncing around my 4.20-4E, 6.20-4E and now 6.20-8E nand backups trying to get something to take, either the downgrade or the CFW...

any help would be great!

boomy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, friends !

Some small questions before i try the downgrade:

1. I have Pokemon XY, can I play this game with emunand 9.4 ? This tutorial dont show anything about emunand, thats why I want to know if i need to do the Chaldron emunand 9.4 tuto [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway or i dont need to do anything?

2. After installing the CFW, if I close the 3DSXL (withtout poweroff) do I need to enter in the exploit all again ?

3. How stable is the CFW ? Some people sayed that in 10 tentatives they could access only one time, its true ?

4. USA downgrade firmware is only 4.2, can I play 4.5 cia games with only 4.2 usa firmware ?

5. Last question, just want to confirm the information that the bellow games are 4.5:
- Fire Emblem: awakening;
- Shi megami tensei IV;
- Kid Icarus 3ds;
- Donkey Kong Country Returns;
- Etrian Odissey 4 Usa;

6. Someone tested the cia patched of Zalda Link Betwen worlds ? It works in the CFW ?

1. You should be able to play with emunand if u have a retail version of pkmn
2. Sleep works fine. dont need to enter exploit again (enter cfw) unless u power off / freeze
3. Cfw is not stable. Can take 10+ tries to boot into cfw
4. You can play 4.5 cia games with 4.2 usa firmware. You may need firmware spoofing
5. All those games should work on CFW. Again you may need firmware spoofing / region free patching
6. ALBW works in cfw

supreme123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
1. You should be able to play with emunand if u have a retail version of pkmn
2. Sleep works fine. dont need to enter exploit again (enter cfw) unless u power off / freeze
3. Cfw is not stable. Can take 10+ tries to boot into cfw
4. You can play 4.5 cia games with 4.2 usa firmware. You may need firmware spoofing
5. All those games should work on CFW. Again you may need firmware spoofing / region free patching
6. ALBW works in cfw

Thanks a lot !

But I have a big problem now: already done everything in this tutorial, but when I press L and access the CFW to install the DEVMENU the CFW freeze pretty fast. Plus, even before the freeze I cant connect the 3DS to the PC, even with watcher wireless showing to me the IP.... Some idea of what i need do ? Using a 16gb class 10 kingston microsd card, what I can do ?

boomy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks a lot !

But I have a big problem now: already done everything in this tutorial, but when I press L and access the CFW to install the DEVMENU the CFW freeze pretty fast. Plus, even before the freeze I cant connect the 3DS to the PC, even with watcher wireless showing to me the IP.... Some idea of what i need do ? Using a 16gb class 10 kingston microsd card, what I can do ?

Connection to pc very troublesome
Is really random
Make sure ur pc detects the 3ds before trying to boot cfw

As for booting cfw while pressing L
Immediately go to browser when it loads
I tell freeze if you stay on home screen too long
In browser it's safe
The pages won't load but it should not freeze
Make sure wifi is enabled
Good luck, like I said is very fiddly and random

supreme123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Thanks a lot boomy.

resolved my problem with "Connectify Hotspot 2015" (this will only works with notebooks or with PC with wireless cards):

1- Download Connectify Hotspot 2015;
2- after the install, open the Connectify Hotspot 2015, generate a hotspot and put the password and Connectify-me information into 3ds;
3- Test the connection, if everything works fine the 3DS IP will appear inside Connectify Hotspot 2015;
4- Open the 3dsprofile + L cfw menu;
5- Open some random page in the 3ds browser to make sure that the 3ds is connected with the PC;
6. Put Connectify Hotspot 2015 3ds IP inside run.bat and it will work within the first try.

Reactions: Margen67

MrKablamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey bbmax/darkflare69

have made progress, of sorts. I recently bought a 3ds so had v2 firmware, updated to 4.20-4E, couldn't install CFW so read the post about upgrading, went to 6.20-4E and got the 7/7 error, risked a reset rather than restoring nand and it updated the browser to 8E but the same firmware, so 6.20-8E.
its not been ota updated so not sure what I can do, but still can't get the downgrade to complete, always getting the 7/7 00001001 error. really want to get this sorted, but I am still getting stuck bouncing around my 4.20-4E, 6.20-4E and now 6.20-8E nand backups trying to get something to take, either the downgrade or the CFW...

any help would be great!

please, help. :wacko:

kinski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I had no success in booting the CFW (L + DS profile), so I'd like to revert everything from the start of this tutorial.
Actually I do not understand if during the process the internal memory of the console has been modified, or if the SD card only was written ?

Is there a way to get back my 3DS in the same state it was at the start ?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kinski
That is pretty vague. Did you create an emuNAND with the GW Launcher.dat? Did you back up the emuNAND with emuNAND Tool and then reinject it into the right spot with WinHex? Did you use ROP multiloader with the homebrew Launcher.dat setting?

CFW doesn't modify your system unless except for the DS Profile being wiped with the exploit.

kinski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello cracker, thank you for your reply.

Actually I did not use ROP multiloader with the homebrew Launcher.dat setting.
I've simply followed all the steps of the video tutorial (not only the written instructions at the bottom of the video), so regarding the emunand:
- Format emunand through the GW launcher
- Insert SD card into PC then:
- With emunand tool, extraction of emunand.bin​
- Drag and drop of emunand.bin on a bat file (drag_emunand_here.bat) in order to obtain rednand.bin​
- Then with emunand tool injection of rednand.bin​
- Then folowed the last steps of the tutorial:

26. Navigate to SD:\Nintendo 3DS\gibberish numbers and letters\gibberish numbers and letters\ and create a folder called "dbs".
27. Make a new text document.
28. Do not put ANYTHING in it, and save it as "title.db" and save it once again as "import.db". Make sure to change the file extension from *.txt to All Files.
28a. You've successfully tricked your system!
29. Eject your SD Card, and insert it into your 3DS.
30. Turn on your 3DS and go to Settings -- Data Management -- Nintendo 3DS Software
31. Click OK when it asks you to format data.
32. Once it's done, go back into Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile.
33. Hold the "L" Button, and go into Nintendo DS Profile.
33a. You've successfully installed & booted CFW!
33b. If it doesn't work, try letting go of the "L" button very quickly after clicking Nintendo DS Profile.

In the end: nothing except for a blue screen on the upper screen of the 3DS (tried ten times or more).

Thank you in advance for your help !

Reactions: Margen67

nyandog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
what the sd card partition i will i use in my sd card to start installing CFW?

Is it: NTFS , EXFAT ,FAT32 ,FAT ???????

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We can now get CFW on a 3DS with firmware up to 4.5 with no DS Flashcart!

Already on 4.5 or lower? Start by watching the video below!
Video tutorial:

Written Tutorial:
~~~WHAT YOU WILL NEED~~~
1. SD Card (At least 1GB)
2. 3DS
3. Internet Access
4. "All CFW Files" downloaded
5. Computer (PC or Mac are recommended)

~~~TUTORIAL~~~
Skip the pre-setup steps if your 3DS is 4.5 or below! Do the pre-setup if your 3DS is above 4.5.

(Pre-setup) 1. Downgrade your 3DS Firmware to 4.5 or less using the tutorial below.
(Pre-setup) 2.Turn off your 3DS after that's complete.
1. Download & Extract the folder "All CFW Files".
2. Delete ALL files from your SD Card.
3. Copy the folders inside "All CFW Files" to the root of your SD Card.
4. Copy the "MT_INSTALLER" and "Launcher.dat" from the "MT Card Files" folder, and paste them on the root of your SD Card.
5. Copy everything from inside the "Spider3DSTools & code.bin" folder, and paste them on the root of your SD Card.
5a. Your SD Card should look like mine at the end of Step 1 now!
6. Eject your SD Card and put it into your 3DS.
7. Start up your 3DS.
8. Launch the Internet Browser, and go to this URL: http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/apachethunder/Images/gateway/index_msett.html
9. Wait for it to finish installing the DS Profile Exploit. The web browser will crash when it's complete.
10. Once its finished installing, go to Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile -- Nintendo DS Profile Settings.
10a. If the MT Card Launcher loads, then you've successfully installed the DS Profile Exploit!
11. Turn off your 3DS by holding down the power button for about 15 seconds.
12. Eject your SD Card, and insert it into your computer.
13. Copy the "Launcher.dat" from "Gateway Launcher.dat" on your SD Card.
14. Paste it to the root of your SD Card, overwriting the "Launcher.dat" from the "MT Card Files" folder.
14a. Your SD Card should look like mine at the end of Step 3 now!
15. Eject your SD Card from your computer, and put it back into your 3DS.
16. Start up your 3DS.
17. Go to Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile -- Nintendo DS Profile Settings.
18. The Gateway menu should load.
19. Scroll to the right until you find the "FORMAT EMUNAND" option.
20. Click "A".
21. Click "Start".
22. Wait for it to finish formatting. This part of the video is time-lapsed! It will take a lot longer than it does in the video.
23. Press "A" when it's done.
23a. You've successfully formatted emuNAND!
24. Turn off your 3DS by holding down the power button for about 15 seconds.
25. Eject your SD Card and insert it into your computer.
25a. It should be named "GATEWAYNAND" now.
26. Navigate to SD:\Nintendo 3DS\gibberish numbers and letters\gibberish numbers and letters\ and create a folder called "dbs".
27. Make a new text document.
28. Do not put ANYTHING in it, and save it as "title.db" and save it once again as "import.db". Make sure to change the file extension from *.txt to All Files.
28a. You've successfully tricked your system!
29. Eject your SD Card, and insert it into your 3DS.
30. Turn on your 3DS and go to Settings -- Data Management -- Nintendo 3DS Software
31. Click OK when it asks you to format data.
32. Once it's done, go back into Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile.
33. Hold the "L" Button, and go into Nintendo DS Profile.
33a. You've successfully installed & booted CFW!
33b. If it doesn't work, try letting go of the "L" button very quickly after clicking Nintendo DS Profile.

~~~DOWNLOADS~~~
All CFW Files: http://www.mediafire.com/download/43sgllwrmyewxrb/All_CFW_Files.zip

All CFW Files (Mirror): http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=85973
Are you running 9.2.0-20U or below, but not 4.5 or below? You can still downgrade to 4.5, and then install CFW! Start by watching the video below, and then the video above once you're downgraded.

Leave a like if it helped! :)

Which sd card partition i have to start with it so i can install CFW???????

Is it: NTFS or FAT or FAT32 or exFAT plzzzzzz tellll meeeee

cyb0rg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what the sd card partition i will i use in my sd card to start installing CFW?

Is it: NTFS , EXFAT ,FAT32 ,FAT ???????

Which sd card partition i have to start with it so i can install CFW???????

Is it: NTFS or FAT or FAT32 or exFAT plzzzzzz tellll meeeee

This tool will properly format your sd card for use with 3DS:
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/fat32format.htm

nyandog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
thnx!

guys when i try to update the system by entring rxtools i see the Emunand and NewKey GREEN it means im not wrong but then when i click the first option Which is "Launch RxMode" it returns to the home menu then when i update the system it says "An error has occurred. Unable to update. The system will now be restarted." plz fix this error cuz i want to update to emunand 9.8.0-25 just tell me how i fix the update system error :sad::sad::sad:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will...